Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
To be fair those kinds of knuckle dragging idiots aren't in HP any other time of the season, they're down the pub watching their favourite team on Sky Sports before and after the Argyle game (drinking in the middle)

Aug 4, 2011
metroace":2z2tt6tv said:
football-bet-data":2z2tt6tv said:
davie nine":2z2tt6tv said:
There are probably reasonable counter arguments to this accusation of ‘stupidity’ and the club should be given the opportunity to consider and respond to this accusation.
If you try and buy an adult ticket in block G for the Cambridge game online it won’t allow you too. It states you must be accompanied by a child. If you attempt the same for block F it allows you no problem. Surely the onus is on the club to at least advise why? What incentives are there for taking kids into this block? Are there additional facilities for them like in zoo corner. Or is it just being used as a deterrent to stop adults singles being bought in that area for seemingly no obvious reason.

I think the reason is obvious. It is to stop knuckle draggers from moving there for one match just so they can look big by abusing the other lot in the safe knowledge that the stewards and the police are on hand.

I would ask those who want to be there for that one match why they want to do that? And then ask them to grow up and generate the atmosphere they want by singing, chanting, standing, jumping about and cheering the team on to victory from wherever they are in the stadium right now.
but the atmosphere is generally poor now, congregating together makes more sense. Putting kids in the way does not.

You and I both know that our attendance will go up by circa 7,000 for the derby game

May 16, 2016
The Block 8 Policy might not have been an issue before now, but it might come back to bite bums if the made up rumour of priority for this game going to those with proof of attendance in at least the 3 Preceding Matches is true.

Jan 27, 2012
plymouth1970":2x473pvv said:
gaspargomez":2x473pvv said:
Plenty of fans (both sides) may well join in the shouting and gesturing- it makes them feel tough, but at the end of the day it’s harmless nonsense.

How many would actually take the next step and start attacking people ? Very few. I said 50, it’s probably far less than that. Those people are easy to identify and throw out.

The real problem is outside the ground where these criminals are not being monitored.

‘Criminals’? So you’re already assuming all of ‘these’ type of people have been convicted ? FFs.

You misunderstand.

I’m not saying fans shouting and gesturing at each other are criminals.

What I am saying is that the very, very few people who will attend the game with the intention of attacking people are criminals. But they are so small in numbers, and so closely monitored, that they can’t do anything inside the ground without being arrested. Its only outside the ground where they stand a chance of assaulting people and getting away with it. And we are only talking about a handful of people here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":k9jn0bgc said:
I have copied this thread, up to post 86, and sent it to Andrew Parkinson.

Not sure whether that’s with your remit or anyone else’s. :wtf:

PAFC do monitor this site on a very regular basis.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Why not?
If the club is being accused of STUPIDITY, it is not unreasonable to make the Chief Executive aware. I believe that the majority of Pasoti posters make reasoned, honest and sensible observations. I respect their opinions and don’t understand why you you say I don’t have the remit.
I appreciate the way that things are improving at a pace at PAFC and the purpose of this is intended to help and not criticise.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The site is independent of the club and I feel most members wouldn’t particularly want a print out of what they’ve said given to the CEO from a fellow member,

I personally have no problem with it but I would imagine a few might have.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Surely, you can accept that the main reason that I am planning to do this is because of the respect that I have for this website.
I intend to hand it in to reception on Monday morning.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't doubt your motives mate, but I do not feel that you copying what is written on this site and presenting it to the CEO is right. It's not the intention of this website to be anything other than a sounding board of fans and if THEY want to contact the CEO then surely it is up to them and not you.

For example, I've posted something on this thread, and if I felt like bringing it to Andrew's attention, then I would, as I have not chosen to do that, why should you on my behalf?

I would also add that this situation is merely conjecture at the moment, so what would be the point even on that level?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I haven't personally, I don't really care who sees what I've written as I'd always say it to their face, but others might.

To put it slightly more bluntly, is it your 'job' to present something from Pasoti to the CEO?

I don't think it is.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
I really can't believe that this thread has taken up nine pages of comments on what is no more than a rumour at this point in time. As for writing to the CEO, to my mind is just plain ridiculous, considering the subject may never arise.

Aug 4, 2011
lilcol":1q82hytp said:
I really can't believe that this thread has taken up nine pages of comments on what is no more than a rumour at this point in time. As for writing to the CEO, to my mind is just plain ridiculous, considering the subject may never arise.
It’s not a rumour. Go online and try and buy an individual ticket for block G of the mayflower.

Of course with 100 odd away fans from crewe and Cambridge it’s not going to be an issue for kids sitting there, there will also be more room in the home ends to move about. Exeter game will be a totally different kettle of fish

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I have a feeling this would not be a problem if we were to be playing Liverpool in the FA cup rather than playing Exeter for just about any other reason. Saying about the families being in the areas spoken about is a smoke screen because those complaining want to move into that area so they can puff themselves up to our nearest rivals.

Those same posters are the ones who say they need pyro to enjoy themselves in an enclosed arena.