Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I want a hostile atmosphere AND I don’t want families to be distressed by the potential scenes near the away end. Kids do not create a hostile atmosphere and, low and behold, if they are not situated in the far block then they will not witness any aggro first hand.

That’s only the opinion of a part-time fan though after my ninth away game of the season on Saturday.

Sep 19, 2015
I cant believe how welcoming and spineless we have become as a fanbase? Just for the record before anybody claims that I am a knuckle dragger and a part time supporter. I have sat in the block closest to the barn park end four times so far including the Swindon game. I for one dont condone any violence or threatening behavior in any form but what I do want is Home Park to be as vicious and as hostile as physically and mentally possible come kick off on the 21/03. I want those Exeter players and supporters to know exactly what they are going to be in for when they walk out of that tunnel, a high tempo, highly strung afternoon. If that goes against the grain then so be it, I will still be taking my place in that block even if I have to buy a childs ticket as well and give it away.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":20pevxi4 said:
I cant believe how welcoming and spineless we have become as a fanbase? Just for the record before anybody claims that I am a knuckle dragger and a part time supporter. I have sat in the block closest to the barn park end four times so far including the Swindon game. I for one dont condone any violence or threatening behavior in any form but what I do want is Home Park to be as vicious and as hostile as physically and mentally possible come kick off on the 21/03. I want those Exeter players and supporters to know exactly what they are going to be in for when they walk out of that tunnel, a high tempo, highly strung afternoon. If that goes against the grain then so be it, I will still be taking my place in that block even if I have to buy a childs ticket as well and give it away.

And that is exactly what the club want to avoid at that end of the ground. Can you not be viscous and hostile from the Devonport end?

Sep 19, 2015
I suppose you can be vicious and hostile from any part of the ground that you wish LC. Cant quite see it having the desired effect from the opposite end of the ground though.

May 3, 2016
Plymouth Casual - Good post

I do not know why we must wait for Simon Hallett to arrive to sort this out there's enough people at the club who can do this,
Mr Parkinson, Mr Newton and almost forgot Mr Back - what's he doing now the grandstand has finished?

I know only a rumour at present but the club could put this one to bed with a simple statement, bad decision in my opinion if this does happen, wouldn't take my grandchildren into that area, even if they put families near the away end, the knuckle draggers will be next to them in the next block, so what will it actually achieve.

:-C

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":2300i9uu said:
I suppose you can be vicious and hostile from any part of the ground that you wish LC. Cant quite see it having the desired effect from the opposite end of the ground though.

If you want to be vicious, I suggest you shouldn’t be let anywhere near home park, or you look up the meaning of the word and re-phrase your post.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":2w62ustg said:
PlymouthCasual":2w62ustg said:

And that is exactly what the club want to avoid at that end of the ground. Can you not be viscous and hostile from the Devonport end?
VISCOUS - “having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity”.

Big Green Limo

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 9, 2020
In a better place
gaspargomez":tg1reotx said:
plymouth1970":tg1reotx said:
gaspargomez":tg1reotx said:
Plenty of fans (both sides) may well join in the shouting and gesturing- it makes them feel tough, but at the end of the day it’s harmless nonsense.

How many would actually take the next step and start attacking people ? Very few. I said 50, it’s probably far less than that. Those people are easy to identify and throw out.

The real problem is outside the ground where these criminals are not being monitored.

‘Criminals’? So you’re already assuming all of ‘these’ type of people have been convicted ? FFs.

You misunderstand.

I’m not saying fans shouting and gesturing at each other are criminals.

What I am saying is that the very, very few people who will attend the game with the intention of attacking people are criminals. But they are so small in numbers, and so closely monitored, that they can’t do anything inside the ground without being arrested. Its only outside the ground where they stand a chance of assaulting people and getting away with it. And we are only talking about a handful of people here.

I agree that there is probably more risk of attacking people outside the ground just like the 'brave' criminals who stoned defenceless away kids after leaving the ground when Exeter won the JPT game in 2010. However a steward was knocked out inside the ground that night.

Lets hope things have moved on during the last decade to prevent a recurrence of the awful scenes I witnessed - especially in front of the kids.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media ... e_dogs.jpg

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PlymouthCasual":llqx06bb said:
I for one dont condone any violence or threatening behavior in any form but what I do want is Home Park to be as vicious and as hostile as physically and mentally possible come kick off on the 21/03.

You have just contradicted yourself in one statement.

I cannot understand why anyone would want HP to be "as vicious as physically possible"

Hostile yes, vicious no.

Aug 2, 2011
I am amazed that some people on here really believe that jumping up and down waving a few 1 and 2 finger salutes and shouting a load of abuse at visiting teams is going to scare them rigid. All that will be achieved is an even greater determination on behalf of the visiting side to win and set a stunning example to kids who witness it. Sad sad people. Perhaps you would be better off joining Scottish rugby fans who like to throw bottles at visiting team coaches and scream abuse at English sides who visit them.

Jun 5, 2010
Should be able to go where you want if you've paid for a ticket. The family and kids idea is stupid, just let people decide for themselves where they want to sit in the ground. Was never a problem back in the day, and we do need an atmosphere on the day. So if thats where everyone wants to congregate next to away fans so be it. Don't see the problem, happens all over the country, Liverpool v man utd, Newcastle v Sunderland, Pompey v Southampton etc etc... Just a line of stewards. Not many start too much trouble in the ground these days due to banning orders,and knowing they will have a camera filming stops any aggro inside of the ground,with the exception of the very few, which your going to get, but they will get chucked out and banned simple

Jan 29, 2020
Without wanting to drag this thread back up again, especially after a good win last night - but as the thread starter I feel its my right :think:

the original topic seems to have gone wildly off tangent, come back around again then via'd off the other way.

The original point of my post seemingly lost.

We DO need to make this a hostile atmosphere, understanding a line must not be crossed. I'm not suggesting or advocating any form of violence, flair throwing etc - but having some of our more boisterous fans (whether this is their first or 21st game of the season is irrelevant) in the block closest to the away fans instead of kids will do just that.

Too many snow flakes who want to have their usual two penneth in with criticising other Argyle fans. If you don't want to be in amongst an area with hand gesturing, chanting, colourful language don't buy tickets near the away end of derby day. It really is that simple - there is more than enough room in the rest of the ground that you can go and tut from.

Using kids as the visible barrier is just plain stupid from Argyle. Steward and police the game properly and ensure lines are not crossed, do not use kids as a way of trying to soften the atmosphere in those parts of the ground

Jan 29, 2020
David_Fisher":1a4iqgmj said:
Ticketing details now on the Baggo.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/februa ... e-tickets/

No mention of got to have a kid with you in block G but it does say the family area will not be open.

No, but if you go on the eticketing site, or up to the ground and try and buy an adult ticket for any home game in Block G you wont be able to unless buying a child one too. It also states

" the exception of Lower Mayflower Block G, where there will be a limit of two per person." which suggests 2 adults and 2 kids