Colchester match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Colchester match thread

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Bakinson, Sarcs non-existent.
Obvious weakness at LB not sorted properly.

Had bad days before yet somehow managed to win. Risks weren’t addressed.

Jan 6, 2004
Biggs":1s1glmc2 said:
Greenarmy99":1s1glmc2 said:
Defence is a shambles, how Wootton starts in this team is beyond a joke.

Yeah. It’s rubbish... oh wait, we’re one of the form teams in the country.

It does confuse me how fans of a lower league side seem to be unable to accept the occasional beating without throwing their toys out of the pram and claiming we’re no good.

Bad day at the office, move on like we did after the Exeter game :)

We can move on after the match we are stiill half way through - having invested an entire day and £100 in being here I feel I am entitled to see a talented team serve up something better than this garbage. So yes I am angry. I will get over it but for the moment I am angry

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
We looked like a non-league side that half. Best we can hope for is an improvement second half to take into the next game.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pezbuck":1oksiu45 said:
Bakinson, Sarcs non-existent.
Obvious weakness at LB not sorted properly.

Had bad days before yet somehow managed to win. Risks weren’t addressed.
It's been a long time since the defence was this poor.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Left back was an accident waiting to happen.

Bakinson hiding no great surprise, but why Sarce is refusing to participate is a little more mysterious.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Well, there was one word for that - shambolic.

Could have been 5 or 6 quite easily.

The subs are getting a very rigorous warm up, maybe we'll see a HT triple substitution to change things up, to stop it getting embarrassing.

Ref is awful too, Colchester players diving all over the place, and he keeps missing advantages for both teams.

Oct 20, 2015
3-4 full time and normal service is resumed.

Only joking, we're getting nothing from this apart from a knock to our goal difference.

Can't win every week, we're missing Sawyer and Wootton is being shown up as well. I agree we missed a trick last month and should have shored up defence. RL seems very attack minded (which makes for entertaining viewing) but we've had problems at the back for 18 months now and it needs sorting.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
LB is a major issue but LWB is also a void.

Cooper needs replacing half time, we need a midfielder on for a striker and start again.

Jephcott and cooper off, Fadz and Edwards on.

Jul 6, 2005
We are an absolute shambles.

Once again, we are being ripped apart down our left side. Sarcevic and Mayor have gone AWOL in midfield allowing Colchester to win every second ball.

Unmarked scorers for all 3 goals in front of a very dodgy Palmer.

Hardie and Jephcott an absolute waste of space up front against big League ,2 journeymen defenders.

Why on earth has Lowe gone with these 2
lightweights up front in a game where we were obviously going to be under a lot of pressure and would need to be able to win the ball high up and keep hold of it.

Lowe stood on the sidelines looking clueless when we so obviously need to change the shape and get Taylor on to hold the ball up and take some pressure off the defence.

Feb 4, 2020
Tbh early season defensive frailties hv been miraculously glossed over since Exeter debacle...we all know we hv ridden our luck on many occasions (ie Mansfield).
We all need to calm down..gotta make d best of poor defensive resources we have....Salford now immense.
Come the Summer...hpfly promoted..but either way...we need a complete new defence..(Defenders contracts fortunately up this summer)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
McFadzean on, Cooper off. Taylor on, Hardie off.