Colchester match thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Colchester match thread

Mar 14, 2009
I think after this match it will define what season we will have.

Teams have been looking to score against us because, even with Sawyer, we were exposed because of our lack of pace and aerial ability.

Today we set up against a good league two team and unfortunately they exposed it, which other teams did. Difference is they stuck they ball in the back of the net so it makes it look worse. Yet Mansfield could of easily been today.

We try to play open, attacking football with bad defenders. People who we saw last season were bad defenders.

That’s why lm surprised at the reaction because we all knew their capabilities.

Is Lowe being shown a little today as being tactically naive. Maybe. Yet with this defensive group of players he has us in a decent league two position. It was always going to take time to rebuild this team with so many people on a two year deal.

Lowe is doing a good job with the defenders he has at his disposal.

Argyle just need to out score the opposition and hopefully that will get us at least a play off place.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Listening to the match on Radio Devon, I think the commentator is a Colchester supporter, the way he gets over excited when they score. When Robinson scored their 3rd goal he wrongly announced it was his hat trick.
Get him off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cooper has got away with some poor defensive performances mainly because he has Sawyer behind him helping out. In truth he's not a defensive type of player but needs to be in the team for his assists.

Hindsight is easy but maybe with Sawyer out a more defensive type of player should have played instead of Cooper or at least recognised the early warning signs on our left side.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
1,037 Argyle fans there. :clap:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Joe Riley scores against Morecambe.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Anybody singing "Oh Ryan Lowe" at the game ? I had a bet at 0-4 because Colchester are the best side ive seen at Home Park this season, even though we beat them. Hope im wrong

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Listening, not watching, but is it just me that thinks Edwards for Tyreeq wouldn't be the worst thing to happen?

Jan 2, 2019
Is Lowe too arrogant to see this formation isn’t working? A more competent striker and Colchester would be approaching double figures.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ditch the 2 up front bollox.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
WoodfordWall":13mp75wv said:
Is Lowe too arrogant to see this formation isn’t working? A more competent striker and Colchester would be approaching double figures.

Unfortunately teams have worked us out and RL has said he will not change formation etc....could call this arrogant,naive I am not sure but the last 3 home games have shown up our weaknesses and we have been lucky

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jephcott off, Joel Grant on.