Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Jan 21, 2007
I’ll be in Austria on that date, and will either find a bar showing it, or will log on XXXX *PM only please Site Admin* click the link, and watch it online ...

:scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1m80tm8r said:
I may decide not to go to the game (I haven't been to an evening game since my operation(s)).
So, I have Sky TV but not Sports. I do not have Now TV.
What are my options?
(Total dinosaur techie so keep it at 'Ug, go ug' level please! :oops: :think: )

Now TV has its own web page and you can watch on your PC. Setting up an account is simple and a 24 hour pass will cost £9.99

You can also download their app to phone or tablet to watch it on.

May 28, 2019
i work untill 7pm so any evening matches i do not attend ,living in cornwall,check out a now tv stick from places like argos some of them you can buy a stick with a months sky sports for like 20 quid, will come in handy for the play offs if we are in them, as you can buy week or day passes,

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":21i6bl0f said:
i work untill 7pm so any evening matches i do not attend ,living in cornwall,check out a now tv stick from places like argos some of them you can buy a stick with a months sky sports for like 20 quid, will come in handy for the play offs if we are in them, as you can buy week or day passes,

They even did a season ticket this season. All nine sports channels for 10 months for a one off payment of £199

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
The Now TV season ticket is already quite good value at £200 for 10 months, but Now TV have also this year increased the number of devices/screens you can register/use at once to 6 devices/2 screens. This has allowed a mate and I to go 50/50 on the cost and legitimately share a subscription. Chuck in the £10 cashback from quidco and it's cost us £95 each for a whole season of Sky.

May 28, 2019
football-bet-data":1l72seb1 said:
IPTV is just £45 a year for every channel under the sun, including ifollow
which is illegal , and also can be taken down at any time, and also internet providers like bt block as much as they can,

May 28, 2019
Lundan Cabbie":4ux1qybl said:
greybeard-kernow":4ux1qybl said:

They even did a season ticket this season. All nine sports channels for 10 months for a one off payment of £199
:thumbs: yep and good value it is,i done that, darts and cricket, for fiver a week, whats that nearly a pint of beer a week, i dunno i do not drink lol

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":3r0ajhpc said:
Pogleswoody":3r0ajhpc said:
I may decide not to go to the game (I haven't been to an evening game since my operation(s)).
So, I have Sky TV but not Sports. I do not have Now TV.
What are my options?
(Total dinosaur techie so keep it at 'Ug, go ug' level please! :oops: :think: )

Now TV has its own web page and you can watch on your PC. Setting up an account is simple and a 24 hour pass will cost £9.99

You can also download their app to phone or tablet to watch it on.

Thanks Lundan, Ug understand!! ;)

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Exeter are the winners out of the Sky TV coverage. They get £10K whereas without the coverage they would have got nothing.
Argyle get £30K from Sky but in my opinion this will not compensate for the loss of turnstyle revenue. Had the match been played on the Saturday I suspect it would have been close to a sellout but now that is on the Monday night there will be a lot of supporters from both sides who are unable/chose not to go. If that figure is over say 1500 then Argyle are out of pocket.
In my opinion when the Sky deal is renegotiated the home side share needs to be increased.
Exeter could also benefit from a slightly less hostile atmosphere.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle and League Two clubs do receive TV money at the start of the season as part of the Basic Award and Solidarity Payment which in total is around £1 million per club, the £30,000 for the Exeter game is extra for screening a live game.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Exeter have sold 1,598 tickets to date. Leaving 150 left for sale. Perhaps this match will be close to a sell out despite the Sky coverage

Jul 18, 2011
I will be one of those who could not make the Saturday but can make the Monday. I also think the chances of it not being a sell-out are very small.