Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Aug 8, 2013
30,000 or 100,000 ? I suspect it's 30,000, as Postie is generally a more
reliable source than the Herald. If so, a drop of 1,500 in the gate will mean
that Argyle suck up a loss financially as well as a loss of good will.

My son and I will probably still be able to make it, though it's going to be
a rush, but I sympathize mightily with those whose plans have been disrupted.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ade the green":2qe7tfut said:
cheshiregreen":2qe7tfut said:
Financially I guess it's better for Argyle if we use the I follow subscription route as opposed to watching Sky?

Or does the Sky coverage make I follow is not an option? Just a thought so as club gets my cash instead of the media giant

IFollow is £10 and £8 goes to Argyle.

NowTV used to be £7.99 and nothing to Argyle apart from the £30,000 + the £450,000 annual tv rights

And ifollow is actually quite good from HP. Not sure If they’d share the gantry etc.

Thanks, so I follow will still be in operation?

Sky don't get it stopped so as you have to buy their coverage?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":3g77hb65 said:
Ade the green":3g77hb65 said:
cheshiregreen":3g77hb65 said:
Financially I guess it's better for Argyle if we use the I follow subscription route as opposed to watching Sky?

Or does the Sky coverage make I follow is not an option? Just a thought so as club gets my cash instead of the media giant

IFollow is £10 and £8 goes to Argyle.

NowTV used to be £7.99 and nothing to Argyle apart from the £30,000 + the £450,000 annual tv rights

And ifollow is actually quite good from HP. Not sure If they’d share the gantry etc.

Thanks, so I follow will still be in operation?

Sky don't get it stopped so as you have to buy their coverage?

I’m 99% sure any game selected for TV coverage isn’t shown on iFollow.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
One word: B at the start, ends with a M, there's a U in the middle. !! :facepalm:
The b*******s!! I'm not working that Saturday (losing money!!) so that I can get to the game. :facepalm:

R

Rob Thomas

The change is great news for me as I couldn't make Saturday. However, I sympathise totally for those on the wrong end of this.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Dreamgreen":1bkcmbin said:
Hi Ian,
I work abroad quite a lot and up to this season have been able to watch on ifollow. However, now you have to have foreign bank account to be able to watch it so ifollow told me.

If this is not the case then someone let me know as I will be working in Egypt and had planned to leave on Sunday AFTER the Excreta game :furious:

Complete balderdash! I watch iFollow and pay with my UK registered credit card.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
The problem, as Sam Barker says, is that iFollow aren't allowed to broadcast televised games. So foreign or UK card, you won't be able to watch it. This also means all of us exiles that watch regularly on iFollow won't be able to watch the game without access to a Sky subscription of some sort.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
warney":rzj7d9ad said:
Dreamgreen":rzj7d9ad said:
Hi Ian,
I work abroad quite a lot and up to this season have been able to watch on ifollow. However, now you have to have foreign bank account to be able to watch it so ifollow told me.

If this is not the case then someone let me know as I will be working in Egypt and had planned to leave on Sunday AFTER the Excreta game :furious:

Complete balderdash! I watch iFollow and pay with my UK registered credit card.

Hi Warney,
Here is the reply from iFollow today…

Dear Malcolm

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support,

When you are abroad, on the day of the match, please visit the subscribe page and select the video match pass you would like to purchase.

Please note that in order to stream live matches whilst outside of the UK, your account must have the relevant information.

This includes an International billing address as well as a bank card local to the region you are in on that account.

An account with an active UK subscription will prevent you from gaining access. This can be avoided by creating an alternative account you could use when you are abroad.

Unfortunately there is no other way of accessing live matches on iFollow if your account does not meet the requirements.

This is all outlined on the official EFL web page under the iFollow tab. https://www.efl.com/

Regards

I hope that makes it clear then Warney !

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lobster":32cbo5ec said:
The problem, as Sam Barker says, is that iFollow aren't allowed to broadcast televised games. So foreign or UK card, you won't be able to watch it. This also means all of us exiles that watch regularly on iFollow won't be able to watch the game without access to a Sky subscription of some sort.

Thanks Lobster and Sam B. That was what I feared. Now TV for us non Sky subscribers is £9.99 for a day pass.

Would rather give my money to Argyle, but, not going to be able to it seems.

£30k seems scant consolation for club finances, presume it's better rate if we get to League 1 and us beggars in League two can't be chooses.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As I’m (now :furious: ) away for the game, I can’t watch Sky Sports on my phone though can I?