Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Action Jackson":32gehr9x said:
Need to sell this one out.

Proper horrible atmosphere from minute one. Every time they're on the ball, boos, hisses, dont let them settle for a second.

Its dark in the park.
Boo and hiss ? what is it Panto ? shall we shout he's behind you too ? :sigh:

Oct 12, 2015
Forest of Dean Green":klpx9d9z said:
I am immensely pxxxxxd off about this as had intended to come down for a weekend, nook a hotel with my wife and son, and make a weekend of it. I cannot to that Monday and it’s only by a stroke of luck that hotels etc not booked. Really, really unhappy.

Yep...train tix booked already. It doesn't even work to shift plans. Even if I sucked it up and paid for the train again, I'd have to take two days off work....
I'm struggling to type through red mist....

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I can see why people is moaning about the change in day and time, but I doubt us and Exeter has much say in it all. Some fans moan when the games V Exeter don’t get picked for TV coverage but now we have been picked people is still moaning.

Anyway nice £100k payout from Sky coming our way. Hopefully the lads on the pitch turn up and we get all three points :scarf:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
EFL have demonstrated time and time again that they have no respect for fans whatsoever.

This is yet another example of their contempt.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Argyleloyal87":3l01nkma said:
I can see why people is moaning about the change in day and time, but I doubt us and Exeter has much say in it all. Some fans moan when the games V Exeter don’t get picked for TV coverage but now we have been picked people is still moaning.

Anyway nice £100k payout from Sky coming our way. Hopefully the lads on the pitch turn up and we get all three points :scarf:

Someone else said it was only 30k ?

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Argyleloyal87":242huncs said:

Where you get 100K from?????

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
QPR v Fulham on Saturday 21 and Notts Forest v Bristol City on Sunday 22 live on Sky. We poo out.

We get £30,000 TV money, Championship clubs get £100,000.

Jul 14, 2008
chunkymonkey78":2gcvotc0 said:
Don't_Panic":2gcvotc0 said:
Yeah like Herts says, I think you’re aiming your anger at the wrong place, the club won’t have much say on this one.

So who decides then, the EFL?

The club can't protest or refuse to move the fixture?

Whoever decides, who thinks it's a good idea to have a derby on a Monday night?

Sky decide as long as the police are happy. They pay enough money for the rights, they get to do what they want. If they couldn’t do that then the EFL tv deal would be worth a lot less.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Financially I guess it's better for Argyle if we use the I follow subscription route as opposed to watching Sky?

Or does the Sky coverage make I follow is not an option? Just a thought so as club gets my cash instead of the media giant

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Like it or not Sky put the money in and call the shots.

Monday night football doesn't suit anyone, look at the Mancs tonight, dopeople really think with the recent rail chaos they or their fans want to be in West London on a Monday night at 10pm (not far home to Surrey gags aside) - of course not.

TV rights account for such a large percentage of clubs revenue we do have to bend over and brace ourselves occasionally.

May 16, 2016
Dreamgreen":3euzjf7g said:
Stuart House":3euzjf7g said:
JN wrote: Yep looks like it is the Monday. Sod it, missing it as I'm off away for a week. iFollow it is then.

Hi Ian,
I work abroad quite a lot and up to this season have been able to watch on ifollow. However, now you have to have foreign bank account to be able to watch it so ifollow told me.

If this is not the case then someone let me know as I will be working in Egypt and had planned to leave on Sunday AFTER the Excreta game :furious:
I set up a new account while abroad with address and use that If I want to watch the Game. I pay on a UK Credit card. It wont let me do the same with my UK registered one.