Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could Argyle v Exeter be live on Sky? Confirmed Mon 23

Are you happy with a Monday night game?

• Yes

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2019
Pogleswoody":2o20mqoq said:
Lundan Cabbie":2o20mqoq said:
Joe Totale":2o20mqoq said:
Sam Barker":2o20mqoq said:
They only tend to show L1/L2 when there’s no championship games to show ie international breaks or this weekend being FA cup fourth round and only one championship match being played.

Yep, they'd rather show a random Leeds match with nothing on the line as the viewing figures would be higher.

Given that it's a local derby, I imagine there's a good chance it'll be moved to a lunchtime kick off on the advice of the Police.

I wonder what Devon & Cornwall’s finest would have to say if Sky dictate the kick off time rather than themselves?

So, Sky are so 'important' that their choice overrides police/H&S advice?? :think:
No, don't think so.

How else would you explain Liverpool v Man Utd kicking off at 4.30pm last Sunday?

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Argylegames":32l1ikl2 said:
I hope it isn't - we rarely perform well on TV

Have no stats to back this up but I feel that we have won more than lost when on TV ? Am sure someone here can give us the numbers ? :greensmile:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
This game is shaping up to be the biggest 'Devon Derby' since ...... well ..... forever. I can't remember one where both teams were going so well and (although we don't like to admit) genuine rivals - for promotion at least. I suppose it does support the argument that it benefits both clubs for the other to also be doing well - with the huge caveat of not so well as to deny us a promotion. Personally though I'd still be much happier if they were in a relegation scrap and were turning up as cannon fodder :greensmile: ..Really looking forward to it, but tinged with a slightly sick feeling of apprehension.

Aug 12, 2018
Anyone notice we would have been in the automatics last night if Crewe hadn’t equalised in the 95th minute. Amazingly, Ryan Lowe would of got us into 3rd place three months after the embarrassment of Sid James Park.

I fully expect Exeter and Argyle to carry on winning so any slip ups by Swindle and it COULD be 1st v 2nd making it the biggest Devon Derby ever. Of course it should be on Sky but they wouldn’t recognise a tasty fixture if hit them full in the chin guard from Joffre Archer combining in off the boundary rope.

MAKE ARGYLE GREAT AGAIN

May 7, 2019
Agree with the points above. I think the crucial variable here is that it is a Devon Derby between two promotion chasing teams and could well be 1st vs 2nd or 1st vs 3rd. Argyle's new grandstand would also be a nice editorial piece for Sky so I would hope that they'll consider it, mostly because any additional revenue is going to really help the club. I'll be at HP anyway so makes no difference to me...! (Although I'll record it and re-watch it a few times WHEN we win!) :D

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Fingers crossed it stays as it is.

Rarely do we get a Derby game kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday. hopefully it stays that way.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
greenpig27":se618m7f said:
Argylegames":se618m7f said:
I hope it isn't - we rarely perform well on TV

Have no stats to back this up but I feel that we have won more than lost when on TV ? Am sure someone here can give us the numbers ? :greensmile:

Would be a good research project for someone!

I'd hazard that two of our most humiliating performances have been on TV too. Dorchester and Stourbridge. :facepalm:

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
I think Argyle have a couple of ex Sky employees within the club who I am sure are asking the questions. One is Gary Lovejoy.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Premier League TV fixture picks for March are due within the next 10 days. Can't see any reason why it would be different for League Two.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PAFC Norfolk":3w1obcha said:
The only hope is the International break in March.
Our game during the international break is Grimsby. Given league positions it probably won't be picked, but Ian Holloway v Argyle gives it some potential.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":fyh8qu0d said:
mervyn":fyh8qu0d said:
I’m genuinely astonished PL2. A survey is suggesting that our rivalry with that lot, a rivalry which has always felt tepid to me, is greater than Pompey/Southampton, Burnley/Blackburn, Spurs/Arsenal, Bristol City/Rovers etc?

Actually Pompey/Southampton is the biggest rivalry in football ....

Sports Bible

Plymouth Live

Rangers / Celtic ???

Man Utd / Liverpool ???

Real / Bacelona ???

Most of the Turkish teams ???

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
HertsPilgrim":2u467tah said:
PAFC Norfolk":2u467tah said:
The only hope is the International break in March.

And obi one

Another 3 hopes... Callum who’s just signed for Swindon from Carlisle and of course ... Bob! Oh and there’s No hope..