Could someone tell me.................... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could someone tell me....................

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmmm, this is a site of opinions and I certainly think he and the other two 'Mods' do to a certain extent.

If not, why like us, not get rid of it?

It's funny really, a few months ago, a person contacted the club about a phrase used on here, as if the club had something/anything to do with this site. It wasn't a clever phrase but certainly was not used in a way to mock the afflicted. But we took it off as it apparently (although I doubt it) caused office.

Then I realised that the person was an avid member on Free Chat, I went on their to see if she had mentioned it (which she didn't) but then read about ten remarks far far worse, in fact downright offensive, that presumable she had either complained about and they had not been removed or it is accepted that on that group it is acceptable and not on here.

I've been likened to a paedophile on there as has our Chairman, and both were allowed to stay for many a day.

'Promote'? Possibly (just possibly) too strong a word, but anyone that allow that type of rubbish, needs to be asked the question 'Why are you allowing it'.

I've seen Nik Barron hammered, Ian De Lar (and his family) slaughtered and only this week a lovely chap called Ian Hill (a friend of Tony Wrathall) openly bullied on there. Totally taken apart for his grammar and spelling, by close friends of Lloyd and that too is allowed.

Sorry pal, as I've said for a few years now I've seen seen though that Mr Genial Intelligent facade and I know quite a few others have as well.

It's about agendas, nothing less.

Jul 29, 2010
Off to the other board with this tosh, better still delete it.

I get your annoyance Ian, I share your beffudlement with the thought process behind it all. However I do question why it has been given the oxygen of publicity at all, not to mention informing them of your annoyance with it.

A rhetorical question. Do you think this thread will assist to lessen or increase the rate of stickering and general c*ckb*ggery from those who think the way they do?

I can imagine a significant amount smug self congratulatory 'stroking' would be the outcome. Don't give them the satisfaction.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Leon Horn":3m9j16iz said:
[Bad Language Removed by Site Admin].

Utter, utter [Bad Language Removed by Site Admin].

That's all I have to say, and that's me being constructive.

:furious: :furious:

Problem is Leon you and many many others are members and it's what feeds them.

I know you fight the good fight on there, but it gives them oxygen to allow their vie page to carry on.

Not all people on their are bad obviously, I doubt whether 10% are crackpots, but A) Why allow them a stage and B) What was the reason for the page in the first place? 'Free Speech'? There is no such thing and I have seen over 1000 defamatory comments on there and they allow it to continue.

Perhaps 'promote' is exactly the right word to use.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Andy_Blackett":tdkxj2j4 said:
PL2 3DQ":tdkxj2j4 said:
it's almost as though Lloyd/Freechat promotes this kind of behaviour.

I’m certain that John does not promote this kind of behaviour. To suggest he does is disingenuous at best.

Tough luck! In my opinion by allowing such crap to be posted Lloyd is just as bad as the idiots who post it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
X Isle":6ix0e8jd said:

I get your annoyance Ian, I share your beffudlement with the thought process behind it all. However I do question why it has been given the oxygen of publicity at all, not to mention informing them of your annoyance with it.

A rhetorical question. Do you think this thread will assist to lessen or increase the rate of stickering and general c*ckb*ggery from those who think the way they do?

I can imagine a significant amount smug self congratulatory 'stroking' would be the outcome. Don't give them the satisfaction.

I get that Rich, I really do and its a dilemma but if a single person comes off that page, after they see how much it affects me (and Ian) then it's worth it.

Also, some people might now realise that Lloyd isn't a Saint and that too is a good thing.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
You're right, Ian.

Been debating coming off for a while to be honest, I was just hoping that by continuously contradicting their view of JB then I may make a difference... obviously not.

I've now left the group.

See ya later, fudge Chat. :wave:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":34ju1k7t said:
Andy_Blackett":34ju1k7t said:
PL2 3DQ":34ju1k7t said:
it's almost as though Lloyd/Freechat promotes this kind of behaviour.

I’m certain that John does not promote this kind of behaviour. To suggest he does is disingenuous at best.

Tough luck! In my opinion by allowing such crap to be posted Lloyd is just as bad as the idiots who post it.

It’s double standards.

Thomas was banned from there and any discussion about him is not allowed as he has no way to defend himself. However, IJN and Postey haven’t a way to defend themstelves on there as they are not members, yet discussion is allowed about them in the name of ‘free speech’.

Apr 1, 2009
X Isle":1mh7u0n5 said:

Agree entirely, I'm afraid. Fully understand the complete frustration with this nonsense, but such nonsence survives on it being publicised. Those who do it will absolutely love that there is a thread on here full of ouraged comment on their behaviour. Every mention of Freechat on here is a bonus to them.

The only way to kill it / minimise it, is to not provide free publicity for it. I know that goes against the grain for those who are the personal targets of such idiocy who understandably will want to retaliate, but starvation of oxygen has to be the way forward. My heart sinks everytime a Pasoti thread degenerates into outrage at the activities of this minority, because that is exactly what they are trying to achieve.

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":fdmvjb4q said:
X Isle":fdmvjb4q said:

I get that Rich, I really do and its a dilemma but if a single person comes off that page, after they see how much it affects me (and Ian) then it's worth it.

But at what cost?

As Xmastree demonstrates above I am not alone in being constantly deflated when our once wonderful football message board descends into petty personal politics and non football agendamongering. It is not an exaggeration to say I am teetering on the edge of sacking off the whole thing.

Every year I take a summer break but silly season now extends longer than an arctic winter. Each year I feel less and less inclined to dip my toe back in because of precisely these sorts of things, absolutely nothing to do with football. I hated the constant investment arguements last time we were in the championship and the closer we inch towards a return I dread the inevitability of that hijacking any and every thread too.

Maybe it's just me but I suspect that what you 'gain' by turning off a few from going 'elsewhere' you risk losing by turning off users of this site in the process by perpetuating all this utter bollox. FFS, it isn't about interpersonal or site v site 'picking sides' or scoring points... the ONLY side picking and point scoring that should EVER matter to Argyle fans are done by the Argyle manager and the Argyle team :facepalm:

Enjoyment of the Argyle internet experience is dying a slow painful death. I don't want to be left with the prospect of only having the Baggo and the Herald as a source of 'on topic information' but for me it is headed that way.

NB - I get stick too, but I don't dwell on any sense of victimhood. I just take it, water off a ducks back, and concentrate on the important things of being an Argyle fan. But I can't do that can I if all I read is never more than two posts from 'conspiracy this, agenda that and petty personal politics the other'. This site is dancing to the drum of a tiny band of anti's on other sites and it is becoming as hard to read as they are, it HAS to stop.

Jan 27, 2012
I think the planning objections are fair enough- but that’s for the Council to deal with. However, they are only going to be taken seriously if they raise legitimate planning concerns.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
You ever thought of running for MP X?

I used to think you talked tosh but overtime realised you talk absolute sense and very apt to a situation.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":uo4p63qg said:
I think the planning objections are fair enough- but that’s for the Council to deal with. However, they are only going to be taken seriously if they raise legitimate planning concerns.

Of course they are., but I do wonder why an Argyle would be against this, but it's the constant ringing up, E mailing them with GoS photos that I don't get.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Now moved to the HPD forum.

I do get what you are saying Smiffy, but I allow myself a coupe of wallows a season. :twisted:

Feb 8, 2005
I do wish Pasoti would concentrate on Pasoti.

I am not the slightest interested in other forums. They are irrelevant.

By mentioning them on this site, you are giving them credence. You are giving all members of pasoti, who have an inquiring nature, food to go and look at what they may be missing.

You are supposed to be in competition with them, yet you give them free advertising.

For goodness sake leave the references to these websites off of this website. You are only fueling their hunger, and giving them them what they want, which is the exact opposite of what you think you are doing.

Leave them alone. Do not mention them. We do not want to know anything about them.