Could someone tell me.................... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could someone tell me....................

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jimsing":2yl0qosn said:
Leave them alone. Do not mention them. We do not want to know anything about them.

Incredible. :facepalm:

So someone calls you a Paedo, someone makes disparaging remarks about your Mrs, someone comes into your personal property, yet I'm to leave them alone????

I'm in some parallel universe obviously.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":38n2l5xn said:
jimsing":38n2l5xn said:
Leave them alone. Do not mention them. We do not want to know anything about them.

Incredible. :facepalm:

So someone calls you a Paedo, someone makes disparaging remarks about your Mrs, someone comes into your personal property, yet I'm to leave them alone????

I'm in some parallel universe obviously.

I wouldn’t Ian.

Anyone single one of those would result in some Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris type corrective training on the perpetrator.

A more liberal response would result in contacting the police over the matter because that’s completely unacceptable.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've tried mate I really have.

They simply don't know how to deal with it.

Civil wise, it would cost in the region of £100k to deal with, and when you win, you then have to hope they have the money, which of course they wouldn't have.

I'm 64 now, my punch is as strong as a 4 year olds, especially as I now have two golfers elbows ( :facepalm: don't ask), so effectively whilst people allow this to happen, these pee ridden internet freaks can keep on going until their wrists give in.

Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

I do understand people's frustration with reading this crap, but at this time it's the only avenue open to me and Ian.

To be fair to both of us, we don't it that often these days and it's about .5% of what goes on on Lloyd's page and that even worse place.

I agree with X and xmas tree. Just ignore them.
They will keep winding you up until you do. The more you bite the more they enjoy.
If you do have to post on these kind of issues for a "right of reply" kind of reason,
which is understandable tbf, then put them on a seperate forum on here so keeping the
main one specifically on footie matters. People interested can then view them.
As for reasons? Apart from the wind up value maybe it could be real politics as in that
some far lefties just do not like bankers etc especially if they run their football club.
I guess they would much prefer a trust run model.
Me too tbh but that that would have to be the case for every other club at the same time,
otherwise we would be at a financial disadvantage in the pro game.
I will add that i have no issues with JB being a fully paid up capitalist. In fact i reckon
he runs it pretty well due to being one. Keeping a tight hold on the finances for starters.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It’s been mentioned elsewhere that this photo was from last season (don’t know if it’s true).

I’m not a particularly big fan of James Brent but he’s certainly not the worst owner we’ve ever had. But this stickers all over PAFC property that will take someone time and money to remedy is not on at all.

Whoever is putting stickers at PAFC please stop.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
JannerinCardiff":388dqa1g said:
It’s been mentioned elsewhere that this photo was from last season (don’t know if it’s true).

I’m not a particularly big fan of James Brent but he’s certainly not the worst owner we’ve ever had. But this stickers all over PAFC property that will take someone time and money to remedy is not on at all.

Whoever is putting stickers at PAFC please stop.

Remnants of the stickers were still on the gate this morning so it looks like someone from the club has attempted to scrape them off.

Aug 8, 2014
This is absolutely disgusting, vandalism and criminal damage to a club these cretins supposedly support.
Time to get tough and get them on banning orders at the very least......every argyle fan should be ashamed of these moronic acts. Regardless of beliefs these clowns need to be 'called out'. They cannot be called supporters of OUR club

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
I don't understand what their game is, we have had these stickers stuck on the front of one of our shops, and if they have been in its obvious we are Argyle fans because of the photos etc on the walls.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
People are entitled to their opinions if they want James Brent to leave.. but don’t resort to vandalism to get your point across.

Surely there is another way..

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Weird. Very weird.

And EVEN if they were right in their views on James Brent (they’re not), then both these tactics and the venom spewed on the sites they use, are not the mark of intelligent, reasoned and principled people.

It’s clearly an obsession, and like all obsessions it goes way, way too far.

Aug 26, 2011
It’s very easy to say just ignore these comments when they are not directed at you. These comments are vile and not easy to brush off and I’m sure most on here are genuine fans who would support IJN

Whilst we would all have liked a billionaire owner to have come in and built a 30000 plus stadium and spend our way to the premiership, the reality is there was not a long list of potential buyers when we were in the poo

The clubs league position has improved every season since JB took over and we appear financially stable, have singed a deal to refurb the grandstand with potential further increase in cacapcity if required, and therefore we are building slowly and have tied down an excellent manager on a long term deal.

My only grumble is that surely it’s now time to tie down our better players on longer term deals to prevent the rediculously high turn over of players each season, but that said I really do not get the anti Brent brigade. Bottom of 4th tier to just missing out on playoffs to championship says it all

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It does annoy me Stephen when people say 'turn the other cheek' as it's not their cheek, but I do understand why they say it. There's nothing more mind numbing than all this crap rumbling on, but now and again I think it fair that Ian (PL2) and I have a vent.

Back to the real purpose of the thread though, it really is strange that this strange group of people (not the trolls that hurl vile abuse) but Argyle fans who have appointed themselves as the guardians (aka Never Again Group) are still intent on slowing things up and then rejoice with sexual abandon when delays are caused. It's such a very strange thing to do.

When our Chairman moves on, which he undoubtedly will, it will be interesting to see if the abuse continues. If it stops, it underlines my belief it's a political thing, if it does continue, I would imagine every single decent minded Argyle fan will treat those people with the disdain they so deserve.

May 8, 2011
TynanWozGr8":1tfpjk6k said:
It’s very easy to say just ignore these comments when they are not directed at you. These comments are vile and not easy to brush off and I’m sure most on here are genuine fans who would support IJN

Whilst we would all have liked a billionaire owner to have come in and built a 30000 plus stadium and spend our way to the premiership, the reality is there was not a long list of potential buyers when we were in the poo

The clubs league position has improved every season since JB took over and we appear financially stable, have singed a deal to refurb the grandstand with potential further increase in cacapcity if required, and therefore we are building slowly and have tied down an excellent manager on a long term deal.

My only grumble is that surely it’s now time to tie down our better players on longer term deals to prevent the rediculously high turn over of players each season, but that said I really do not get the anti Brent brigade. Bottom of 4th tier to just missing out on playoffs to championship says it all

The length of contracts for players has nothing to do with Brent or other Directors, it is Adams who decides what contract length to offer. The turnover of players is part of Adams style of management as it gives him a fresh challenge every year, and keeps him busy and stops him getting bored. The moment a Director start interfering with football matters expect a resignation letter from Adams.

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t think we’re unique in this respect either. A lot of players run out of contract during the close season and move on to other teams. It may seem random but I expect there is also the odd player who a manager has been following who becomes available and gets signed for free.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
X-Isle articulated it eloquently above but there really was little need to publicise this, was there? And, shock, this entire thread has descended into PASOTI politics: episode 4,822.