Coventry Vs Man Utd | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coventry Vs Man Utd

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why does any official look to spoil our wonderful game?

You can imagine a few frustrated officials in a little hut somewhere getting aroused over that decision.

It wasn't meant for this. "Clear and obvious error" wasn't that the quote when they brought it in? Dickheads. :mad:

They've robbed the FA Cup of one of best ever moments.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Why does any official look to spoil our wonderful game?

You can imagine a few frustrated officials in a little hut somewhere getting aroused over that decision.

It wasn't meant for this. "Clear and obvious error" wasn't that the quote when they brought it in? Dickheads. :mad:

They've robbed the FA Cup of one of best ever moments.
VAR is a joke. They didn’t overrule the pen decision when it’s kicked from 2 yards away and it hits his arm then didn’t step in when it hits a Cov arm direct from a corner 20 yards away.

On a serious note, the rules really need looking at.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Seriously fudge var.
Why the fudge is it used at random during the FA cup?
If it was Argyle v Kidderminster in round 3 there's no VAR. If it's Argyle v Arsenal then there's VAR... because there's a premier league team involved!!
If it's going to be used in the FA cup then it's used from the first preliminary qualifying round between Ottery St Mary United and Ottery St Mary Athletic...or not at all!

Reactions: djg145

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I bet you said that in a deep throated voices.

"Rules is rules".................
It’s like a ball over the line on goal line technology mate. It’s either over the line or not. Lino would have flagged if there was no VAR I reckon.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Daz for 25 years the term "level is onside" was the norm, they have not actually made it impossible to be level.
VAR was never introduced to be this pedantic, it was brought in to correct obvious errors, nothing obvious about this.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I pray it never comes to the lower leagues. It has ruined the Premier League for me. Still, many decisions can't be agreed on between pundits and fans and it has taken the spontaneity out of so many goal celebrations.
The incident today, if the naked eye cannot see it is offside with the benefit of replays it shouldn't come down to lines being drawn.
As for the Wan Bissaka, Grealish and Ashley Young handballs this weekend, where is the consistency?

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Dec 3, 2005
Totally agree with 'up the line" if you are in a competition, everyone plays to the same format, no excuses. There should be no VAR in the FA Cup, whilst only certain grounds have it. Just bin it, the only tech there should be in football is goalline technology.
Football is played by humans, let it be officiated by humans

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Daz for 25 years the term "level is onside" was the norm, they have not actually made it impossible to be level.
VAR was never introduced to be this pedantic, it was brought in to correct obvious errors, nothing obvious about this.
I actually agree that VAR is awful, Man Utd have had a fair few shockers from it as have Forest today as well.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Daz, with respect you are so obviously biased because its your favourite team.

VAR is supposed to be if it was a clear and obvious error, like when a Goalkeeper goes for a ball he has no chance of reaching, misses the ball and takes out 2 forwards in the process.

As an aside, Mark Robins is widely credited with saving Alec Ferguson's job after an FA Cup match many years ago, I'm not sure if that really was the case.

However, if his team hadn't been so unjustly robbed this afternoon, he might well have cost the current Manchester United Manager his job. With nothing left to play for, ETH might not even have seen the season out.

He's still a dead man walking.

Nov 18, 2011
I recall when they brought it in and said it was only going to be used for clear and obvious errors most of us thought that'd be things like Henry's handball against Ireland or Maradona against England, hence why there wasn't much opposition at the time.

It's clear though that it's beiung used wherever possible, no matter how clear and obvious it is.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I think my biggest issue is that we are making decisions that are possibly as narrow as millimetres. I dont think ive ever seen proof to display VAR as 100% accurate. Take this offside, the incident is about 25-30 yards from goal, the camera on the 18 yard box. So angles create a level of uncertainty. The white lines painted at all top grounds are not 100% perfectly straight, so there will always be a small degree of uncertainty.
So if we have degrees of uncertainty (I've seen straighter MPs than some lines drawn this season by Stockleigh Park) should there not be a level of tolerance?

If VAR had never come into existence, every commentator or pundit would have said they were level and benefit of the doubt to the attacking team - something that no manager, player or supporter wanted changed - did they?