Coventry Vs Man Utd | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coventry Vs Man Utd

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Since this VAR nonsense started I've started to think that the offside rule should simply be based on position of feet.
In the 100 m sprint, the runners dip their bodies to gain an advantage over their opponent.
If in football, the attacker is level by foot with the defender and part of their upper body happens to be ahead of the defender then, I say, fair play to the striker.
Its FOOTball.. You get penalised for using your hand to control the ball because you aren't meant to be touching the ball with your hand... So how can you be offside by virtue of your hand which you can't actually use in the sport anyway?!

As for the use of VAR in the Everton Forest game... Just unbelievable. I have no particular love of Nottingham Forest but I agree with Neco Williams.. All 3 incidents are blatant penalties and a top 6 team would be awarded all of them.
I didn't know it was Stuart Attwell in charge a known Luton fan - who makes these decisions?

Attwell famously gave a ghost goal in 2008 against Watford (Luton's biggest rivals) it nearly ended his career.

Like someone else stated, i've no love of Forest, but if they had been my team it would have taken several weeks for me to calm down.

Reactions: up the line

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I didn't know it was Stuart Attwell in charge a known Luton fan - who makes these decisions?

Attwell famously gave a ghost goal in 2008 against Watford (Luton's biggest rivals) it nearly ended his career.

Like someone else stated, i've no love of Forest, but if they had been my team it would have taken several weeks for me to calm down.
Yep an absolutely insane decision to appoint him.
Akin to having a known Sheffield Wednesday supporter referee our game at Millwall

Sep 6, 2006
VAR created the possibility of the greatest ever come back by allowing a penalty decision in added time. Clearly should not have been awarded.

Agree that VAR is hopeless and just adds to controversy (see Everton v Forest game).
Pretty sure the on field ref gave that.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
When Forest released their statement saying they would take this further, i rolled my eyes, the more i look at it, i actually think they are right too.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
For offside I think they should use the GPS trackers that all ( or virtually all) pro clubs use these days. With the tracker located between the players shoulder blades. this would give the cretins in the VAR studio instant positional data so no need to wait 5 minutes for a decision.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
For offside I think they should use the GPS trackers that all ( or virtually all) pro clubs use these days. With the tracker located between the players shoulder blades. this would give the cretins in the VAR studio instant positional data so no need to wait 5 minutes for a decision.
The final table may not be the final table after all. Everton may get some points back on appeal, Forest and Everton may have to replay if the penalties are re-re-reviewed. What a mess. Yesterday was one of those days when I got caught up in the joy of Coventry's 4th goal, despite my immediate reaction was that the assister was offside. But it is such a downer when a goal that climaxes a special fight-back, a goal that means so much to half the crowd and a goal that the majority of the nation have been hoping for gets disallowed. I am not sure I could put up with that every game.

Reactions: Cotswoldian

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The final table may not be the final table after all. Everton may get some points back on appeal, Forest and Everton may have to replay if the penalties are re-re-reviewed. What a mess. Yesterday was one of those days when I got caught up in the joy of Coventry's 4th goal, despite my immediate reaction was that the assister was offside. But it is such a downer when a goal that climaxes a special fight-back, a goal that means so much to half the crowd and a goal that the majority of the nation have been hoping for gets disallowed. I am not sure I could put up with that every game.
Was it that special a fight back? Deflected goal and a dodgy penalty, if the offside wasnt given it would have been another dodgy goal. The worst and most unlikeable group of Man Utd players ever.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

It got announced last week or week before that semi automated offside technology will be used in the PL next season

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Was it that special a fight back? Deflected goal and a dodgy penalty, if the offside wasnt given it would have been another dodgy goal. The worst and most unlikeable group of Man Utd players ever.
Well, it's how I felt which is why I posted as I did. I 100% agree with your view of Man Utd but I also cannot help but I 100% admire how Coventry refused to give in. Most teams would have thrown in the towel when the third went in. To get the deflection and to get the dodgy pen they had to be in the ascendancy. If it was Argyle I would have been even more gutted. But in the interest of fairness, the entire football world knows that Man U have never, ever had a deflection or a dodgy pen, so I suppose justice was done.

• Haha
Reactions: Daz

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
You just know they will still take far to long to use it, and royally balls it up...

Yep, it’s expected to cut VAR decision making by up to 30 seconds