COVID in the camp | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

COVID in the camp

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":3cgnby3a said:
GreenBiker":3cgnby3a said:
But to spark a debate......

The virus spreads via the activity of humans and will only stop (unless a vaccine) with human behaviour and every one looking out for there fellow human.

But it's easier to blame someone else!!!!!

There is also the debate that the PDR tests are picking up all sorts of coronaviruses, flus and colds (old and new) which inflate the positive figures. Is it a pandemic or a casedemic?

You sure that's correct?

Aug 5, 2005
Emu":2pk0xg4a said:
GreenBiker":2pk0xg4a said:

The virus spreads via the activity of humans and will only stop (unless a vaccine) with human behaviour and every one looking out for there fellow human.

There is also the debate that the PDR tests are picking up all sorts of coronaviruses, flus and colds (old and new) which inflate the positive figures. Is it a pandemic or a casedemic?

That's antibody tests, not PDR

More about it here

https://fullfact.org/online/PCR-test-coronavirus/

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Quizmike":gpc2teoj said:
Emu":gpc2teoj said:
GreenBiker":gpc2teoj said:

That's antibody tests, not PDR

More about it here

https://fullfact.org/online/PCR-test-coronavirus/

Slip of the keyboard. I meant PCR.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
X Isle":2a6nuw2q said:
David_Fisher":2a6nuw2q said:
jimsing":2a6nuw2q said:
In an ideal world I would agree with you, but you cannot restrict players for a whole season, OG.

It is easier for us to say, but very difficult for it to be put into operation.

Think of the players' mental well being.

It's difficult for most of us at the moment but there seems to be an attitude amongst young people, not just footballers, that any rules they don't like they can just ignore.

Perhaps the EFL needs to bite the bullet and start docking points from teams that fail to fulfill fixtures?

Aye. Then they bleat like b*ggery when yet further restrictions are imposed because of their lack of social and community conscience.

The pubs shut early... bloody government.

The Universities are locked down... bloody government.

Local lockdowns are introduced... bloody government.

Well it wasn't the government who spent the summer larging it up at each and every opportunity in large groups. It wasn't the government who flocked to the beaches, it wasn't the government who on each individual basis self authorised covid breaches because "aaaahhh, what the hell" was an easier attitude to take.

All this bleating and bellyaching is coming from those who got very used to their 'do as you likey' ways and now don't like yhe consequences of THEIR actions.

Players are ultimately just kids themselves, in their profession if anything they are even more spoilt and indulged than your average millennial. It should come as no surprise to anyone that they don't display the gold standard of behaviour.

I've long ago stopped idolising players, they're just mercenaries. They get paid whether they play or not, so two weeks quarantine just means they can get their Fortnight score up. There's no financial consequence for not playing.

There's no real health consequence for that age demographic either. Yet they all have elderly parents and maybe still grandparents, most will all know someone with a co-morbidity too.

The disconnect between their actions and the spread of the virus is astonishing. Quite how we raised such an indulged, reckless, unempathetic and heartless generation should form part of the subsequent enquiry.

But it won't, the finger pointing and excuse mongering will focus solely on... the 'bloody government' :doh:

As usual, 'the people' are looking for simple answers to complicated questions. Where have we seen that before? I'm sure Cummings can come up with a handy slogan to get us all through it though, something like "Don't blame us!"

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
Mike Charlick":5n6zm54w said:
X Isle":5n6zm54w said:
David_Fisher":5n6zm54w said:
jimsing":5n6zm54w said:
In an ideal world I would agree with you, but you cannot restrict players for a whole season, OG.

It's difficult for most of us at the moment but there seems to be an attitude amongst young people, not just footballers, that any rules they don't like they can just ignore.

Perhaps the EFL needs to bite the bullet and start docking points from teams that fail to fulfill fixtures?

Aye. Then they bleat like b*ggery when yet further restrictions are imposed because of their lack of social and community conscience.

Well it wasn't the government who spent the summer larging it up at each and every opportunity in large groups. It wasn't the government who flocked to the beaches, it wasn't the government who on each individual basis self authorised covid breaches because "aaaahhh, what the hell" was an easier attitude to take.

All this bleating and bellyaching is coming from those who got very used to their 'do as you likey' ways and now don't like yhe consequences of THEIR actions.

Players are ultimately just kids themselves, in their profession if anything they are even more spoilt and indulged than your average millennial. It should come as no surprise to anyone that they don't display the gold standard of behaviour.

I've long ago stopped idolising players, they're just mercenaries. They get paid whether they play or not, so two weeks quarantine just means they can get their Fortnight score up. There's no financial consequence for not playing.

There's no real health consequence for that age demographic either. Yet they all have elderly parents and maybe still grandparents, most will all know someone with a co-morbidity too.

The disconnect between their actions and the spread of the virus is astonishing. Quite how we raised such an indulged, reckless, unempathetic and heartless generation should form part of the subsequent enquiry.

But it won't, the finger pointing and excuse mongering will focus solely on... the 'bloody government' :doh:

As usual, 'the people' are looking for simple answers to complicated questions. Where have we seen that before? I'm sure Cummings can come up with a handy slogan to get us all through it though, something like "Don't blame us!"

This.

Jul 28, 2017
X Isle":3ilzatcd said:
David_Fisher":3ilzatcd said:
jimsing":3ilzatcd said:

Well said X isle, some people need to take a long at themselves and their behaviour over the last 7 months and stop blaming everyone else for the current situation.

We are currently where we are with the 2nd wave of this virus partly due to the irresponsible and selfish actions of an increasing number of people.

robin

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 4, 2011
Far to easy to blame only young people and a bit odd to suggest it was only young people who went to beaches.

As for ignoring rules you don’t like, isn’t this what many politicians across the political spectrum did initially?

I am in full agreement that some of the actions of our youth are daft and
I agree with most of the sentiments, but I would suggest that unfortunately, this selfish uncaring, ‘blame everyone else’ culture pervades all generations in the UK.

May 22, 2006
it wasn't the government who on each individual basis self authorised covid breaches because "aaaahhh, what the hell" was an easier attitude to take.

What a load of tosh.

Most people adhered to the rules of isolating at first but the Government lost all credibility when Dominic Cummings drove north with the virus and then self authorised another breach by driving his wife out on her birthday to Barnard Castle. He then made up the biggest cock and bull story of all time to say he was testing his eyesight, only to be backed up by Boris and his cronies.

If politicians can set a what the hell attitude, it’s hardly surprising that other people adopt it too.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pastiesforlife":w4kybf87 said:
it wasn't the government who on each individual basis self authorised covid breaches because "aaaahhh, what the hell" was an easier attitude to take.

What a load of tosh.

Most people adhered to the rules of isolating at first but the Government lost all credibility when Dominic Cummings drove north with the virus and then self authorised another breach by driving his wife out on her birthday to Barnard Castle. He then made up the biggest cock and bull story of all time to say he was testing his eyesight, only to be backed up by Boris and his cronies.

If politicians can set a what the hell attitude, it’s hardly surprising that other people adopt it too.

Absolutely!! :clap:

Not rocket science is it!!

If I wasn't elderly & vulnerable I would have just ignored most rules once it was decided that Cummings had done no wrong! :angel:

Jul 29, 2010
...riiiiight, so if two wrongs don't make a right how does one wrong justify multi-millions of repeated, daily, self authorised wrongs? :think:

No, people have just hung their hat on that as an excuse to do as they like. They were probably naturally inclined rule breakers anyway but fate provided a scapegoat onto which they could pin all their wrongdoing.

Cummings was/is a kn*b. The science of how a virus spreads doesn't change just because one person is a bell end. Yet that clear and obvious FACT is glibly pushed to one side... because he did it, I'm going to do it too :roll:

Anyone who took that attitude is no further from the end of the bell than he is. It doesn't matter how you dress it up, breaching Covid regulations increases the spread of the virus. If you have done that then YOU have increased the spread of the virus... not just Dominic Cummings, not just that idiot SNP MP... YOU.

For that, I call you out for what you are :thumbdown:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":1jvi35jg said:
...riiiiight, so if two wrongs don't make a right how does one wrong justify multi-millions of repeated, daily, self authorised wrongs? :think:

No, people have just hung their hat on that as an excuse to do as they like. They were probably naturally inclined rule breakers anyway but fate provided a scapegoat onto which they could pin all their wrongdoing.

Cummings was/is a kn*b. The science of how a virus spreads doesn't change just because one person is a bell end. Yet that clear and obvious FACT is glibly pushed to one side... because he did it, I'm going to do it too :roll:

Anyone who took that attitude is no further from the end of the bell than he is. It doesn't matter how you dress it up, breaching Covid regulations increases the spread of the virus. If you have done that then YOU have increased the spread of the virus... not just Dominic Cummings, not just that idiot SNP MP... YOU.

For that, I call you out for what you are :thumbdown:

Do you want a ladder to get down off that horse?

Not me, I haven't breached anything. Right at the opposite end of the scale tbh.
My point was similar to yours. Some will use Cummings as an excuse. Wouldn't describe him as a scapegoat though which has a hint of innocence to it.

Cummings should have been immediately sacked. That might have curbed the virus spread but he was too 'important' so lives are sacrificed to keep him.

Jul 29, 2010
Calm down dear. Do you want a crow bar to prize away that handbag you're clutching?

The "you" in this case refers to anyone resembling the paragraph above it. No quote was put into my post as I was not referring to anyone specifically. The point of my ire is with people who used that event, or any other rule breaching act, be they big or small, be they committed by the well known or the unknown, to justify they're own rule breaching.

To adapt the line all our parents used to use regarding copycat actions... if Dominic Cummings had thrown himself off a cliff (pauses for thought, then thinks better of it) would you do the same? It doesn't matter what others do, if it is wrong then it is wrong.

If X can get away with it they Y can't I is a pathetic attitude to take. It's why the pavements are full of either parked cars or cyclists, it's why doing 70 on a motorway is considered slow, over inflated claims are why cars have never been safer but premiums have never been so high and it's why this country will be back in a national lockdown before you can say "ho, ho, hospital".

Individuals self justification to authorise their own wrongdoing is more of a pandemic than Covid and it's why this season will end long before May or still be going possibly this time next year.

Well done everyone :roll:

But its OK, it's not 'our' fault... "he started it" :facepalm:

So mature, so responsible :sigh:

Edit to add. Damn right I'm on a high horse. It's just about the only way I can maintain 2m social distancing with every man jack around us deciding that social distancing doesn't apply to them.

Nov 16, 2008
United Kingdom
X Isle is spot on in my view. To trot out Dominic Cummings actions as an excuse for peoples inexcusable selfish behaviour is laughable. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. It's strange that no one blames Steven Kinnock (who 28th March drove 300 miles from Tredegar to London and back to wish his dad Neil a happy birthday) or the leader of the SNP in the commons Ian Blackford (who on March 26th travelled 600 miles from London to his pile on the Isle of Skye "as a precaution") let alone Margaret Ferrier who took a train from London to Scotland after testing positive. I say this as someone who has never voted tory in his life.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":o6b0epx9 said:
Calm down dear. Do you want a crow bar to prize away that handbag you're clutching?

The "you" in this case refers to anyone resembling the paragraph above it. No quote was put into my post as I was not referring to anyone specifically. The point of my ire is with people who used that event, or any other rule breaching act, be they big or small, be they committed by the well known or the unknown, to justify they're own rule breaching.

To adapt the line all our parents used to use regarding copycat actions... if Dominic Cummings had thrown himself off a cliff (pauses for thought, then thinks better of it) would you do the same? It doesn't matter what others do, if it is wrong then it is wrong.

If X can get away with it they Y can't I is a pathetic attitude to take. It's why the pavements are full of either parked cars or cyclists, it's why doing 70 on a motorway is considered slow, over inflated claims are why cars have never been safer but premiums have never been so high and it's why this country will be back in a national lockdown before you can say "ho, ho, hospital".

Individuals self justification to authorise their own wrongdoing is more of a pandemic than Covid and it's why this season will end long before May or still be going possibly this time next year.

Well done everyone :roll:

But its OK, it's not 'our' fault... "he started it" :facepalm:

So mature, so responsible :sigh:

Edit to add. Damn right I'm on a high horse. It's just about the only way I can maintain 2m social distancing with every man jack around us deciding that social distancing doesn't apply to them.

Apologies X'y. I'll keep the handbag if I can as it helps to swipe away non mask wearing infiltrators.

Yes I think we were both speaking generally. I wouldn't but I can understand the temptation for a young 'un to ignore stuff and use Cummings a a role model.

Like 'commentators' being shocked that young people went drinking for a last 'yahoo' before Tier 3 (Nottingham). Of course they will, you need to start imposing new rules tonight at midnight not give people 3 'free' nights to get bladdered!