Crystal palace n milwall want BWP!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crystal palace n milwall want BWP!!

A

Anonymous

There are lots of things to consider.

BWP can leave for nothing in June.
Argyle may well decide to take the cash in January and ease their financial problems.
BWP may decide to wait for June, see what clubs want him and then collect a large signing-on fee.
BWP may decide to test himself in the Championship and leave in January.
A Championship club may want BWP in January and to fire them into the play-offs and then promotion but is BWP then good enough for the Premier League?

I think BWP will leave in January for around £300,000.

K

king-koopa

PL2 3DQ":qpp9zj9x said:
There are lots of things to consider.

BWP can leave for nothing in June.
Argyle may well decide to take the cash in January and ease their financial problems.
BWP may decide to wait for June, see what clubs want him and then collect a large signing-on fee.
BWP may decide to test himself in the Championship and leave in January.
A Championship club may want BWP in January and to fire them into the play-offs and then promotion but is BWP then good enough for the Premier League?

I think BWP will leave in January for around £300,000.

if somebody offered that we wouldn't be able to refuse

P

Paul_Roberts

That's an agent-planted story and make no mistake.

It's an obvious tactic and the papers swallow it up because it fills space and they'll be right some of the time. BWP's contract is up at the end of the season, he's in a rich vein of form... so his Mr 10% wants to strike while the iron's hot and get the best deal possible from Argyle.

He's trying to scare the Board into offering a contract now, rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer (when he could leave anyway - new contract or not).

There isn't a grain of truth in this story - I'd put my house on that.

Sep 3, 2009
Inevitable press speculation. 2nd highest scorer in the league and also a 'big' name. If he continues in his current form and has 15 goals by the turn of the year, it would be weird if there wasn't interest in him....bigger and richer clubs than Palace and Millwall might come knocking.

Beggars can't be choosers. Argyle might have to sell in the face of serious interest. Would love to think the board could find the finance to keep him come what may until his contract expires - if we're doing well by Jan and he's still scoring goals (the two might be inextricably linked, it seems).

R

Rupert

Paul_Roberts":m8si6f2v said:

It's an obvious tactic and the papers swallow it up because it fills space and they'll be right some of the time. BWP's contract is up at the end of the season, he's in a rich vein of form... so his Mr 10% wants to strike while the iron's hot and get the best deal possible from Argyle.

He's trying to scare the Board into offering a contract now, rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer (when he could leave anyway - new contract or not).

Spot on. His agent knows Reid has asked the board to consider an offer of a new contract sooner rather than later. This supposed interest is probably fictitious. It's too much of a coincidence that the two Championship clubs closest to where he comes from are supposed to be keen on him. Having said that, his current form will be noticed by other clubs. But they won't declare their hand until January.

This thread should be in Rumours, by the way.

:roll:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Rupert":2k6613ym said:
Paul_Roberts":2k6613ym said:

Spot on. His agent knows Reid has asked the board to consider an offer of a new contract sooner rather than later. This supposed interest is probably fictitious. It's too much of a coincidence that the two Championship clubs closest to where he comes from are supposed to be keen on him. Having said that, his current form will be noticed by other clubs. But they won't declare their hand until January.

Either way, rumours or not to be on the safe side they both should be told to sod off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

P

Paul_Roberts

mikey":8b4o0sa4 said:
Rupert":8b4o0sa4 said:
Paul_Roberts":8b4o0sa4 said:

Either way, rumours or not to be on the safe side they both should be told to sod off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Even if they aren't even interested and this is just agent-created BS?

Feb 29, 2008
king-koopa":g8ojb3it said:
argyleiggy":g8ojb3it said:
Would be enough for me if he went I would follow him.

really?

Yep, followed the club through thick and thin, along with about 5,500 other season ticket holders I have continued to invest in the club, SRG and co can afford to hang onto a player like BWP for a season, if they aren't prepared to invest in the club why should I?

Stand up and be counted.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Paul_Roberts":33ygssw8 said:
mikey":33ygssw8 said:
Rupert":33ygssw8 said:
Paul_Roberts":33ygssw8 said:

It is about time we let the other clubs know the Plymouth Argyle are not a soft touch any more. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Rupert":377ydf8d said:
Paul_Roberts":377ydf8d said:

Couple that with the fact his father is a Palace legend and an ardent Millwall supporter

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
mikey":2hdim2zd said:
Paul_Roberts":2hdim2zd said:
mikey":2hdim2zd said:
Rupert":2hdim2zd said:
Paul_Roberts":2hdim2zd said:

It is about time we let the other clubs know the Plymouth Argyle are not a soft touch any more. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We are though. And now with the added bonus that we are a soft touch with financial difficulties.

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't Now be the time to sit him down and talk about a new contract ?

Z

ZZZgbrownlow

Some clubs may be interested in him purly because he has scored a FEW goals so far, that's football but the press stuff is all speculation and probably fuelled by an agent or BWP.

If someone comes in with £300,000 he will be gone like a shot given our board and finances.

If its more like £100,00 I would say keep him to the end of his contract as its worth more to us to stay up.

The problem is, as we well no with BWP, he does blow hot and cold. He is doing OK at the moment, nothing special but a lot better than we have seen in the past . Whether this continues for the rest of the season has to be seen.

Personally I'd rather keep him even if offered £300,000 but given he would then probably leave for nought its a close call and maybe determined by where we are in the league. If we are looking safe mid table I'm sure he would be sold at that figure but if near the top or bottom its a bigger gamble

Aug 22, 2006
gbrownlow":31gf51vn said:
Some clubs may be interested in him purly because he has scored a FEW goals so far, that's football but the press stuff is all speculation and probably fuelled by an agent or BWP.

If someone comes in with £300,000 he will be gone like a shot given our board and finances.

If its more like £100,00 I would say keep him to the end of his contract as its worth more to us to stay up.

The problem is, as we well no with BWP, he does blow hot and cold. He is doing OK at the moment, nothing special but a lot better than we have seen in the past . Whether this continues for the rest of the season has to be seen.

Personally I'd rather keep him even if offered £300,000 but given he would then probably leave for nought its a close call and maybe determined by where we are in the league. If we are looking safe mid table I'm sure he would be sold at that figure but if near the top or bottom its a bigger gamble

Agree with most of this.
The other thing is if we were near the top it would make his decision tougher. It's funny that everyone is just jumping to the conclusion that he wants to leave. "Yeah he wants to go back to London, he will jump at the chance." Not sure who on here knows him well, there must be the odd person that does, but he may want to stay and help the team - ok so if he does stay until the end of the season he could jump ship for more cash, but I would say our league position may tempt him to want to stay.

Then there's the case of the board accepting offers. 100k would be another farce, UNLESS Reid was allowed to get a replacement of similar value who would demand less wages, saving money for the board, BUT there is no such thing, which suggests that the fee is low. I don't care about his contract running out, he is probably worth around the 500k mark, so as postie said 300k would be much more acceptable.