Crystal palace n milwall want BWP!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crystal palace n milwall want BWP!!

B

bandwagon

Martin_Brock":1hveatib said:
Never knew that Ian Wright was a Millwall fan. Is that the one grain of truth in this whole thread?

M

Found on web

Ian Edward Wright, as any biography will tell you, was born on 3 November 1963, in Woolwich, London. More than likely, those same biographies will tell you that he started his football career belatedly, 1985 to be precise. Millwall, the club Ian has supported since childhood, ignored his talents, then Brighton & Hove Albion also turned him down in 1983.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
To get out of this league the club need a 20+ striker. It doesnt matter how good our defence is, if we dont have a calibre of stiker that can bang in 20 + then were stuck here for a while...

I believe BWP to be this striker. He has found his level and is starting to hit a rich vein of form, which is just reward for settling down and working hard, after the troubles he had at Southampton.

For me, no matter how much money we get for him, to sell him now, would be a nail in the coffin. We let the only other genuine 20 goal striker in Mackie go, so if we were to be tempted by £££, then we could kiss goodbye to any hopes of promotion, this season or next...

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
P.L.I.H":3g4oqqt6 said:
To get out of this league the club need a 20+ striker. It doesnt matter how good our defence is, if we dont have a calibre of stiker that can bang in 20 + then were stuck here for a while...

I believe BWP to be this striker. He has found his level and is starting to hit a rich vein of form, which is just reward for settling down and working hard, after the troubles he had at Southampton.

For me, no matter how much money we get for him, to sell him now, would be a nail in the coffin. We let the only other genuine 20 goal striker in Mackie go, so if we were to be tempted by £££, then we could kiss goodbye to any hopes of promotion, this season or next...

:iagree:

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
mikey":cb3b56k4 said:
P.L.I.H":cb3b56k4 said:

I also agree, we are better off keeping him and if he does keep banging the goals in and leaves us in the summer then he will get himself a better deal.

B

bandwagon

leep33":rnf0rlj6 said:
mikey":rnf0rlj6 said:
P.L.I.H":rnf0rlj6 said:

I also agree, we are better off keeping him and if he does keep banging the goals in and leaves us in the summer then he will get himself a better deal.

Whilst now is the time to try and keep him - it could well be that he wants back closer to London!! :( :(

R

Redditch Green

They may want him but they can't have him end of.

Peter Reid
South Hams

Mar 7, 2009
BWP will sign a new contract here. I'm almost certain.

Unless someone comes in with absolutely silly money of course.

Sep 3, 2009
P.L.I.H":33ifmw66 said:

'20 goal striker Mackie' - another Pasoti myth?

K

king-koopa

pilgrim_pete":3rgvbfwa said:
BWP will sign a new contract here. I'm almost certain.

Unless someone comes in with absolutely silly money of course.

what makes you so sure pp

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
Rush Goalie":3m3zpyfg said:

No an objective opinion....

And based on the fact that he already has 8 in the league for QPR this season, I cant see why this couldnt have been achievable at Argyle.
Albeit you will throw the argument, that 'He is playing with better players at QPR' but the potential was there. With the right coaching and service like he is getting at QPR, I have no doubt Mackie could of bagged 20 + for us

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
P.L.I.H":3kgvoyxv said:
Rush Goalie":3kgvoyxv said:

No an objective opinion....

And based on the fact that he already has 8 in the league for QPR this season, I cant see why this couldnt have been achievable at Argyle.
Albeit you will throw the argument, that 'He is playing with better players at QPR' but the potential was there. With the right coaching and service like he is getting at QPR, I have no doubt Mackie could of bagged 20 + for us

Would that be the same Mackie that has failed to score in his last 8 games? Six for QPR and 2 for Scotland? Ah yes, that's the one...

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
I agree that we should try to keep him but in the end it is up to the player what he wants to do.Their is no point trying to keep a player that does not want to stay.I n view of the crazy Bosman ruling i would not expect to get much of a fee.I hope he likes it here and decides to stay.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
Emu":27nmo9j4 said:
Would that be the same Mackie that has failed to score in his last 8 games? Six for QPR and 2 for Scotland? Ah yes, that's the one...

And?! There still over 20 games to go this season, and the fact is he still has 8 goals to his name. The potential is there to see, and I'd be very suprised if he doesnt acheive at least 20 goals this season.

but you don't need one to get promoted. We have been promoted before without anyone getting anywhere near, and so have other teams, although it would be easier with one!

See thats where I would disagree, I think League One is alot tougher these days, and if you look at the sides that were promoted last season

Norwich - Holt (24)
Leeds - Beckford (25)
Millwall - Morrison (21)

All had a promiment 20 + striker. I would say there is a need these days to have someone who can get you goals....

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
bandwagon":3r7dj9zi said:
leep33":3r7dj9zi said:
mikey":3r7dj9zi said:
P.L.I.H":3r7dj9zi said:

Whilst now is the time to try and keep him - it could well be that he wants back closer to London!! :( :(

That's what the board will tell us anyway.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
argyleiggy":2g5l62pk said:
king-koopa":2g5l62pk said:
argyleiggy":2g5l62pk said:
Would be enough for me if he went I would follow him.

really?

Yep, followed the club through thick and thin, along with about 5,500 other season ticket holders I have continued to invest in the club, SRG and co can afford to hang onto a player like BWP for a season, if they aren't prepared to invest in the club why should I?

Stand up and be counted.

Wow! and coming from such a board lover not so long ago :)