Danny Mayor to stay | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to stay

May 12, 2020
Am pleased he's signed however this season he really needs to step up his game as if he plays like last season he'll be lost up in L1.....it may well be that L1 suits him better of course

Sep 6, 2006
Frixx":2ui7oz9q said:
Am pleased he's signed however this season he really needs to step up his game as if he plays like last season he'll be lost up in L1.....it may well be that L1 suits him better of course

"Plays like last season' :facepalm: Unbelievable

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I thought his contract was 1 plus a year if the club wanted to extend?

I take it it was more 1 year with optional 1 year by the player.

Great news thou. Hopefully we get a good engine next to him which allows mayor to create a bit more space.

Jan 27, 2012
I think Mayor would struggle to get a contract on the same terms with another club. That’s not a reflection on his ability, it’s just that clubs are unlikely to be handing out the same deals as they were before the COVID-19 situation. Therefore I’d imagine that most players who have the option to extend their contract would choose to activate that clause. Even if Mayor had wanted to leave Argyle, it probably would not have made financial sense. I just hope his wages still fit within Argyle’s budget.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Frixx":2ixseqgc said:

I think he was always underrated throughout whole of the season, but towards the end he really came into his own.

That reverse assist for George Cooper in the Macclesfield (?) game was a thing of beauty.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Possibly the most important signing of the closed season.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Frixx":vj56axj2 said:

Not being rude, but are you joking? He's the most skillfull member of the squad and was generally superb despite being consistently double marked and repeatedly heavily fouled. I think he will relish playing in L1 with, hopefully, better refereeing!

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Biggs":346nj36n said:
Frixx":346nj36n said:

I think he was always underrated throughout whole of the season, but towards the end he really came into his own.

That reverse assist for George Cooper in the Macclesfield (?) game was a thing of beauty.

I agree I still don't understand how people don't recognise the quality of his performances and the contribution he made to Argyle last season.

Jul 12, 2016
Frixx":3m9vp9ux said:
I agree!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Delighted he's staying. He really came strong towards the end of the season. He had a difficult start with all the hype and every match being double marked. I think a higher league will suit him much better.

Aug 27, 2019
Hopefully DM signing up will be a positive influence upon some of the others.....believe that we were/are on the way up(certainly challenge) if we can progress again. He was regularly hacked out of the game in L2. more space & time, paired with the right person & he could set L1 alight.
Could also be that it also persuades others that RL targets to join up!
In RL we trust....seems we were here 12 months ago & over the intervening period he & his team did well overall.

COYGs for 20/21.....

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
tawtongreen":2ofiupni said:
Hopefully DM signing up will be a positive influence upon some of the others.....believe that we were/are on the way up(certainly challenge) if we can progress again. He was regularly hacked out of the game in L2. more space & time, paired with the right person & he could set L1 alight.
Could also be that it also persuades others that RL targets to join up!
In RL we trust....seems we were here 12 months ago & over the intervening period he & his team did well overall.

COYGs for 20/21.....
He will be less well known in League 1, which should help. After his success with Bury, he really was a marked man at League 2 level, literally.

I remember up at Port Vale back in early September, their Right Back took him out right across the knees, absolutely nowhere near the ball and obviously pre-meditated. That sort of thing happened in a number of other games as well. Lowe complained to Referees about it on a number of occasions but I don’t think he got much joy.

A typical journeyman lower-League clogger prepared to take a chance on a 15-year old boy Referee only giving him a yellow card at worst after only 5 minutes when it should have been a Red, as it clearly constituted serious foul play. Poor old Mayor could only limp along for the rest of the first half and was a bit of a passenger, the obvious intention of the challenge. Yet another Referee who no doubt knows every letter of the law but has never played the game at adult level and so hasn’t got a clue about what is actually going on in those sort of situations.