Danny Mayor to stay | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to stay

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Oct 31, 2015
PL2 3DQ":1doyxwdm said:

I'm just surprised anyone thinks he has been poor :crazy: Ok not the GC10 replacement it was thought but he is a different style of player .

Gets us going up the pitch, energetic and cares. His footwork is brilliant. My only criticism is he was always looking for Fadz and cutting outside.
As I said yesterday sooo happy he had re signed :nworthy:

Jan 27, 2012
I wonder if the club really wanted Mayor to take up the option to stay ? His wages would have been agreed pre-COVID and will presumably take up a big chunk of a much reduced playing budget. While Mayor played ok, I’d rather have George Cooper on the left- he looked a much better player to me.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
gaspargomez":ri3eh3ag said:
I wonder if the club really wanted Mayor to take up the option to stay ? His wages would have been agreed pre-COVID and will presumably take up a big chunk of a much reduced playing budget. While Mayor played ok, I’d rather have George Cooper on the left- he looked a much better player to me.

It was the clubs option. So yes.

Danny Mayor is a better footballer than George Cooper. That’s why George Cooper couldn’t get into our team in his actual position.

If your concern is the playing budget, then Cooper’s equivalent wages and £200k transfer would have a bigger impact than Mayor’s extension.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Frixx":14d21kjk said:
Am pleased he's signed however this season he really needs to step up his game as if he plays like last season he'll be lost up in L1.....it may well be that L1 suits him better of course

He certainly won’t be lost at L1 level in my opinion..

I personally think we may find that he’s one of the best players in League 1..

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think the pressure will be off him next season.
At the start of this season Lowe bigged him up - the best player in League Two, better than Carey and Lameiras etc plus we HAD to get promoted.

Next season Mayor can just relax and not try too hard to make things happen.

BTW I don't think I've ever seen a player react so much and show his emotions as Mayor does on the pitch when we score or the opposition scores.
He doesn't seem the type to get over excited but he does in spades.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":37xnkiap said:
I think the pressure will be off him next season.
At the start of this season Lowe bigged him up - the best player in League Two, better than Carey and Lameiras etc plus we HAD to get promoted.

Next season Mayor can just relax and not try too hard to make things happen.

BTW I don't think I've ever seen a player react so much and show his emotions as Mayor does on the pitch when we score or the opposition scores.
He doesn't seem the type to get over excited but he does in spades.

Agree with this Posty. Was saying the same to a mate earlier this week.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
I also loved that clip of a match where he was holding the hand of a little girl mascot when the teams came out then picked her up and seemed to be singing along to semper....he is a class player

Ryan Lowe did not seem over enthusiastic in his comments about Danny signing on again which seemed a bit odd but I guess with budgets likely to be reduced he has a lot on his mind at the present time