David Fox leaving | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Fox leaving

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
gosisapilgrim":1cs9mvuf said:
A great player for the club over the last three years and will always remember him for walking out with my son who was mascot on promotion day against Newport.

I think Ryan Lowe's style of football and pace would be too much for him now so not surprised that he is leaving.

Thanks for everything Foxy!

This for me.... great servant for the club but best for both parties now that they go their separate ways. A true professional but i think another season in RLs team would have been a step too far.

Jun 24, 2008
Classy player. One of the calmest players I've ever seen at home park and also one of the best passers to be in a green shirt. Think its probably the right decision for both the club and Foxy.

I'm sick of seeing our midfield run over game in game out. It's time for whole new dominant midfield.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
up_the_line":1uyt5wye said:
A cultured player but his legs were progressively going.
Another mass turnover of players required. As excited by RLs appointment as I am I'm realistic that next season may have to be transitional given the scope of changes required. By my calculations 9 new signings required. (Gk, Cb x3, Mf x4, St x1)

Totally agree. This is going to be a very difficult season.
With massive rebuild of the team it will be a difficult job for RL.
My expectations are low. Transitional season and mid table at best I think.
Who the hell is betting on us to go straight up?
Surely we cant still be favourites?
Good luck to Foxy. Nice sentiments tweeted. Wish him all the best for the future.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
macleanie":pi8xf34u said:
Classy player. One of the calmest players I've ever seen at home park and also one of the best passers to be in a green shirt. Think its probably the right decision for both the club and Foxy.

I'm sick of seeing our midfield run over game in game out. It's time for whole new dominant midfield.
Closest thing to Lilian Nalis we’ve had.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Voted for him as Player of the Season this year. Mr Consistent. Also helped our charity out in the past.
Good luck with whatever's next David.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Tuggers said it. The best since Nalis. I would go so far as to say he reminded me more of McCall when he first came to us. No pace but boy he was unflappable on the ball and could pass it. Those 3 stand up there for me as the most cultured midfielders in my supporting life time (35 years).

All the best Foxy. :scarf:

Jun 24, 2008
Tugboat":29qm6l10 said:
macleanie":29qm6l10 said:

Closest thing to Lilian Nalis we’ve had.

I agree. The composure, the passing, and experience. Just lacked his size and tackling ability. I hope he finds a good L2 club up where he calls home.

May 21, 2015
I've read elsewhere he's made more apps for Argyle than any other club. Pretty impressive considering the difficulties with his family situation. Terrific pro and a class act, will be missed. But also makes complete sense with the new high energy style that will be coming under Lowe.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
:nworthy: Good Luck Foxy. I just love to watch real footballers in a Green shirt. :nworthy:

You gotta be a great Argyle player for the Exececeter link to not be mentioned!! ;)

Jul 22, 2014
Been one of my favourite players in the green shirt, always wanted to see his name on the team sheet. Wish you and your family well in the future. Thanks for the memories.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pettgreen":2w0bun56 said:
Tuggers said it. The best since Nalis. I would go so far as to say he reminded me more of McCall when he first came to us. No pace but boy he was unflappable on the ball and could pass it. Those 3 stand up there for me as the most cultured midfielders in my supporting life time (35 years).

I agree with much of this. He had great ball control in midfield and when not under pressure was able to put in a decent long range shot. I would not quite put him in McCall's class as he was much more effective in advanced positions on the pitch. He had a field presence like Nalis and I also thought his ability to spray passes from a quarterback position reminded me of Coughlin in the mid 80's. As he comes towards the end of his career, I hope he can find a League club for next season.
Good luck and thanks to Foxy.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Sad to see Foxy go, but given his family circumstances it is totally understandable. All the best to you and your family in the future David.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Quintrell_Green":1fle6twq said:
Pettgreen":1fle6twq said:

I agree with much of this. He had great ball control in midfield and when not under pressure was able to put in a decent long range shot. I would not quite put him in McCall's class as he was much more effective in advanced positions on the pitch. He had a field presence like Nalis and I also thought his ability to spray passes from a quarterback position reminded me of Coughlin in the mid 80's. As he comes towards the end of his career, I hope he can find a League club for next season.
Good luck and thanks to Foxy.

Good comparison with Coughlin there QG, though I think he was a little bit more rumbustious.

As for Fox, he was a pleasure to watch playing his cultured football. A quality professional, and from the way he conducts himself that's clearly the case as an individual as well.

Losing Carey and Fox means we have lost two of our better 'footballers'. This really is going to be a new broom season.