David Fox leaving | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Fox leaving

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
A dedicated very self-aware gentleman, always.

But Mr Fox was certainly centre stage to the many heartless performances of last season, all the reasons for that who knows, but basically if needing someone else to do your running and there ain't anyone else who can be much bothered to, all set for failure wasn't it.

Best parting act would be to take similarly placed Sawyer and Taylor with you though please, ta!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Very ungracious and unwarranted comments, Gary. However, I suppose we all have our own opinions.
Perhaps, you could also have considered his contributions over his whole time at Home Park.

Dec 29, 2011
I love Foxy to bits and thank him for all he did in an Argyle shirt and wish him the best for the rest of his career.However the way the Argyle team imploded in April, I hold the senior pros more accountable, that this was allowed to happen in the manner it did.It still angers me that we gave up our league 1 standing without any real fight

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
All the very best for the future David you have been a legend for the Greens.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
A very classy departure message. Many write them but few can deliver them in such a genuine manner. With this decision coming right on top of the new manager's arrival, I just wonder if the two have had a conversation and have agreed that because of Lowe's energetic pressing style, Foxy may play more often elsewhere?

Nov 9, 2008
One of my all time favourite Argyle players. Shame that he's gone but I think it's the right time.

Oct 31, 2015
My favourite player over the DA tenure by far but understand his sentiments about being away from family being ex forces myself

I wish him all the luck in the world and thank him and his family for the past 3 years. For me he is alongside Nallis and McCall in Argyle history.

Thanks for everything Foxy, a true green :nworthy:

Aug 29, 2014
Met Foxy in Crewe station after our game up there he was a class act , polite , chatty happy positive despite a load of us bombarding him with questions and photo requests .
Thanks for all your effort on and off the pitch David Fox . :nworthy:

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Sad to see another one of my favourite players leave :cry:

Being an exile didn't get to see him play as much as I would have liked but always gave me a 'warm' feeling when I saw his name on the team sheet. Thanks Foxy, class act and all the best for the future!

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
tandark":25ylfgnd said:
I've read elsewhere he's made more apps for Argyle than any other club. Pretty impressive considering the difficulties with his family situation. Terrific pro and a class act, will be missed. But also makes complete sense with the new high energy style that will be coming under Lowe.

Argyle 128
Blackpool 94
Norwich 62
Others 98

(Source Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fox_(footballer))

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
All considered, Davie, thanks.

I see the reign as we go into the Lowe era as having a fair few parallels with K Hodges and McCauley: the single heroic owner, young manager with attacking ideas pinched from a smaller club, and a pretty awful squad left after dropping out the third tier. Things were all rosy back then too of course.

It'll be getting a lot less gracious round here soon I think.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gary_Wills":1cf308fw said:
All considered, Davie, thanks.

I see the reign as we go into the Lowe era as having a fair few parallels with K Hodges and McCauley: the single heroic owner, young manager with attacking ideas pinched from a smaller club, and a pretty awful squad left after dropping out the third tier. Things were all rosy back then too of course.

It'll be getting a lot less gracious round here soon I think.
I don’t see any parallels there but I will retain that in my memory bank for the future.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Fox's Farewell

What Fox lacked in physical attributes he made up for with skill on the ball. In that way, he differed from almost every other player post-administration.

He was a memorable member of one of the best Argyle teams of this century. For that, all fans will be wishing him well at his next club.

May 4, 2018
Thanks Foxy

It was a pleasure and privilege to see you play in Green. Wishing you all the best for your future.