dereks assistants | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

dereks assistants

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Guiri Green":1uco7xmn said:
Steve Evans":1uco7xmn said:
Keepitgreen":1uco7xmn said:
Steve Evans":1uco7xmn said:
Phil Sloggett":1uco7xmn said:
I’ve said it before, I wonder if Adams regrets picking up the phone and telling Craig Brewster not to bother coming back into work...

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ve-1630801
at the time it seemed a very personal sleight on craig which still rings true to me.please anybody what is the role of the ex royal marine?
Ollie Osborne has played an important part for Plymouth Argyle in pre-season in his role of first team strength and conditioning coach.

Herald
thanks for the information.what an utterly bizarre appointment. :facepalm: i forgot to mention in my opening post about questioning rhys willmot!what has he brought to our club?it all seems a bit to "pally" at home park at the moment! :sigh:

You've left out the Kit Man. Anyone else wonder if he's taken into account things like Players with allergies to certain soap products. Try playing with an itchy back and other areas and you'll not be so effective. It's this lack of professionalism that rankles. I bet he's never considered a cool wash or is aware that some machines have a 15 minute cycle these days. I agree it's all a bit 'matey' att the moment.
i know for a fact that the kit man uses ecover eco friendly non sensitive laundry liquid. ;) wooton,nancekiville,wilmot and the royal marine out now.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
djg145":2k6hngjp said:
nick_PASTIE":2k6hngjp said:
This is probably the most sensible thread Mr Evans has set up all season. Undermined ever so slightly by backing our young talent. Fletch isn't up to it, mate, move on with that one.

Anyway, yes we need a proper backroom.

One point-to-point Paul Wotton (I presume you mean him and not Scott Wootton, unless he's been reassigned to a more appropriate deskjob?) Played at a decent level for Southampton. And he's experienced all levels of prof. Football. Does Frank Lampard have to go to Barrow Town for 2 seasons? Etc. I don't agree they have to learn at the very bottom.

Derek without Brewster is a bit like Clough without Peter Taylor. In many ways Adams reminds me of Cloughie without the alcohol abuse.

I assume you are joking - comparing Adams to Brian Clough!!

Adams does not have high colour in his face and comes from a different country.I know that much.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":34i9pvgt said:
Guiri Green":34i9pvgt said:
Keepitgreen":34i9pvgt said:
Phil Sloggett":34i9pvgt said:
I’ve said it before, I wonder if Adams regrets picking up the phone and telling Craig Brewster not to bother coming back into work...

at the time it seemed a very personal sleight on craig which still rings true to me.please anybody what is the role of the ex royal marine?
Ollie Osborne has played an important part for Plymouth Argyle in pre-season in his role of first team strength and conditioning coach.

Herald
thanks for the information.what an utterly bizarre appointment. :facepalm: i forgot to mention in my opening post about questioning rhys willmot!what has he brought to our club?it all seems a bit to "pally" at home park at the moment! :sigh:

You've left out the Kit Man. Anyone else wonder if he's taken into account things like Players with allergies to certain soap products. Try playing with an itchy back and other areas and you'll not be so effective. It's this lack of professionalism that rankles. I bet he's never considered a cool wash or is aware that some machines have a 15 minute cycle these days. I agree it's all a bit 'matey' att the moment.
i know for a fact that the kit man uses ecover eco friendly non sensitive laundry liquid. ;) wooton,nancekiville,wilmot and the royal marine out now.

You forgot the tea lady. Oh and Adams

Aug 5, 2015
I find it quite amazing that we have a number of people bemoaning the fact that local youngsters dont get to play then as soon as local coaches are employed, people who actually made it in the professional game, then that’s wrong too.

Looks like DA can’t “ please any of the people any of the time” I think DA needs to move on and let a committee of Pasoti experts take over.

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":2gx89nwg said:
I find it quite amazing that we have a number of people bemoaning the fact that local youngsters dont get to play then as soon as local coaches are employed, people who actually made it in the professional game, then that’s wrong too.

Looks like DA can’t “ please any of the people any of the time” I think DA needs to move on and let a committee of Pasoti experts take over.

With a Steve Evans leading on tactics. That should be interesting

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":2knzk7ci said:
Kentishgreen":2knzk7ci said:

his team are currently in the top three balham. ;) i am beginning to waver on my opinion of derek.argyle were abysmal last night.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":12h2ss0s said:
Kentishgreen":12h2ss0s said:

I'll be the tea lady. :thumbup:

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Balham_Green":2lsafc86 said:
xmastree":2lsafc86 said:
Wasn't Wotton's time with Southampton when they were in L1? I think the highest level he played at was with Argyle.

It all seems a bit random to me to blame it on the backroom. From what I see of DA, it's him who calls the shots and his assistants merely implement what the boss wants. If they don't do this to his satisfaction then he presumably can get rid of them - as he did with Brewster. I've no idea whether Wotton and co are good at what they do, but this looks like an attempt to deflect the flak away from Adams, with whom the ultimate responsibility surely has to lie.

If they just implement what he wants and don't add any value may as well put Pilgrim Pete on the bench and save the money.
Id have him starting

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":13jx8h9h said:
Balham_Green":13jx8h9h said:
Kentishgreen":13jx8h9h said:

his team are currently in the top three balham. ;) i am beginning to waver on my opinion of derek.argyle were abysmal last night.

Wasnt it your idea to play Fletcher? !

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":37pw4pj6 said:
Steve Evans":37pw4pj6 said:
Balham_Green":37pw4pj6 said:
Kentishgreen":37pw4pj6 said:

Wasnt it your idea to play Fletcher? !
yes and i still would start with him alongside ladapo and when taylor is fit drop freddie.fletcher needs to be alongside a target man,'tis obvious.

Mar 7, 2008
In respect of Rhys Wilmot I think I am right in saying DA released him when he took over and then re-employed him after his first season in charge so don't think its a pally pally think. Think DA seems quite ruthless. Perhaps he will have no complaints if the board are ruthless if performances and results continue !!!

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Steve Evans":18w4qa4h said:
Keepitgreen":18w4qa4h said:
Steve Evans":18w4qa4h said:
Phil Sloggett":18w4qa4h said:

Herald
So Argyle don't need a goalkeeping coach???

May 8, 2011
Steve Evans":2btb7jdv said:
Keepitgreen":2btb7jdv said:
Steve Evans":2btb7jdv said:
Phil Sloggett":2btb7jdv said:

Herald

Rhys Wilmot has been working as a goal keeping coach at Argyle for over a decade. He has been a major influence in the development of Michael Cooper.

All that happened this year is that Wilmot became full time.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
The way Adams told Brewster (by phone), after 5 years of working together and the timing of telling him - whilst he was recovering from surgery - shows that frankly, Adams is a class 1 A hole.