dereks assistants | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

dereks assistants

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":3iegpi2g said:
Don't have to worked in the game to see that the coaching of the defense isn't up to scratch ,unless its just the fact the players aren't good enough.

We have been run ragged all season at the back ,need it to change pretty quickly if we want to recover this awful start to a season again.

One goal conceded in last 2 league games....

C

CiderAndPasties

Having watched in recent weeks, it strikes me that we would've won some of the games (Burton springs to mind) if we had defenders that knew what they were doing. All of Burton's goals came from poor defensive positioning and marking, which are areas you would expect the defensive coach to spend time working on, as opposed to Adams himself.

In the midfield (especially at the start of the season when we had fewer injuries) we didn't look terrible -it wasn't great but it wasn't 24th standard- and the same goes for our attack. Also, defenders like Smith-Brown and Peter Grant don't look bad, but we still let in goals that I think our defense (despite its lack of quality) shouldn't be letting in, regardless of who we had as defenders. They just look like, with a different defensive coach, the squad could be lower-mid table as opposed to relegation.

That's just what I think, but I am curious to hear others views.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
CiderAndPasties":14djnaqy said:
Having watched in recent weeks, it strikes me that we would've won some of the games (Burton springs to mind) if we had defenders that knew what they were doing. All of Burton's goals came from poor defensive positioning and marking, which are areas you would expect the defensive coach to spend time working on, as opposed to Adams himself.

In the midfield (especially at the start of the season when we had fewer injuries) we didn't look terrible -it wasn't great but it wasn't 24th standard- and the same goes for our attack. Also, defenders like Smith-Brown and Peter Grant don't look bad, but we still let in goals that I think our defense (despite its lack of quality) shouldn't be letting in, regardless of who we had as defenders. They just look like, with a different defensive coach, the squad could be lower-mid table as opposed to relegation.

That's just what I think, but I am curious to hear others views.

At the end of the day, Adams is responsible for appointing the coaching team. If one of his coaches isn't up to it, that's partly on him. Likewise, when we were on our amazing run last year, nobody was saying that it was because of Paul Wotton's defensive coaching... works both ways.

May 8, 2011
They were a bit excited by the third goal, not seen a celebration like that since the Hartley goal against Portsmouth.