dereks assistants | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

dereks assistants

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":21iencxq said:
i would dismiss rhys now along with wooton,nance and the royal marine and get brewster back.

You’d dismiss the entire coaching staff? Just to get Brewster back?

Rightio.

Re the Royal Marine, he seems to have become a very strange scapegoat, when in reality he probably has absolutely nothing to do with the results so far. It could actually be that we’ll see the benefits of his work later on in the season.

It’s one of the strange things about a football club, that you can be doing everything 100% right off the field, but if you lose on a Saturday then everything at the club is called into question and blamed. Likewise, you get the three points and problems at a club are masked over entirely.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":4087km0s said:
Steve Evans":4087km0s said:
i would dismiss rhys now along with wooton,nance and the royal marine and get brewster back.

You’d dismiss the entire coaching staff? Just to get Brewster back?

Rightio.

Re the Royal Marine, he seems to have become a very strange scapegoat, when in reality he probably has absolutely nothing to do with the results so far. It could actually be that we’ll see the benefits of his work later on in the season.

It’s one of the strange things about a football club, that you can be doing everything 100% right off the field, but if you lose on a Saturday then everything at the club is called into question and blamed. Likewise, you get the three points and problems at a club are masked over entirely.
he must be something to do with the results he is part of the coaching staff.the problem is biggs we have lost on most saturdays so far.hope i am proved wrong but i just don't rate our coaches at the moment.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
But that’s exactly the point I’m getting at.

Just because the Saturday results are cr@p doesn’t mean that literally everyone involved is doing a bad job. I don’t see how you can say you don’t rate the coaches when you can’t see what they’re doing throughout the week.

Our fitness coaching could well now be 10% better and our goalkeeping coaching 20% better, but you’re not seeing it because our performances, cohesion and confidence are 30% worse.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
the only judgement i can make biggs on what the coaches are doing during the week are the performances on saturdays.hope argyle can turn it around and prove me wrong.

Jan 27, 2012
Unless you work behind the scenes and are directly involved in the coaching of the players, it would be impossible to judge the contribution of Wotton, Nancekivell etc. I bet no one commenting on this thread is directly involved in the coaching of Plymouth Argyle players or has ever worked with the characters being discussed.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":14in82t3 said:
the only judgement i can make biggs on what the coaches are doing during the week are the performances on saturdays.hope argyle can turn it around and prove me wrong.

Yet you still back Derek!

Jan 30, 2017
Steve Evans":2ojocq4i said:
Balham_Green":2ojocq4i said:
Steve Evans":2ojocq4i said:
Balham_Green":2ojocq4i said:
Kentishgreen":2ojocq4i said:
I find it quite amazing that we have a number of people bemoaning the fact that local youngsters dont get to play then as soon as local coaches are employed, people who actually made it in the professional game, then that’s wrong too.

Looks like DA can’t “ please any of the people any of the time” I think DA needs to move on and let a committee of Pasoti experts take over.

With a Steve Evans leading on tactics. That should be interesting
his team are currently in the top three balham. ;) i am beginning to waver on my opinion of derek.argyle were abysmal last night.

Wasnt it your idea to play Fletcher? !
yes and i still would start with him alongside ladapo and when taylor is fit drop freddie.fletcher needs to be alongside a target man,'tis obvious.

You think Fletcher should be starting in L1 and we're supposed to take your side on judgment of coaching staff?

Good grief.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
gaspargomez":1xtc5xk8 said:
...directly involved in the coaching of Plymouth Argyle players or has ever worked with the characters being discussed.

Precisely the people who shouldn't be idly sharing words on an internet forum. Pointing that out helps... how?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
gaspargomez":2jmk1r5v said:
Unless you work behind the scenes and are directly involved in the coaching of the players, it would be impossible to judge the contribution of Wotton, Nancekivell etc. I bet no one commenting on this thread is directly involved in the coaching of Plymouth Argyle players or has ever worked with the characters being discussed.

Or probably ever coached or worked professionally in sport before

Feb 2, 2007
Pezbuck":28i2foge said:
The way Adams told Brewster (by phone), after 5 years of working together and the timing of telling him - whilst he was recovering from surgery - shows that frankly, Adams is a class 1 A hole.

He's got form. No type for sentimentality in modern football but a close knit team would have felt this; whatever little trust is engendered the way all parties deal with each other, eroded further.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I would have thought that it may have been because he did not want to move closer to Plymouth.
If so, understandable, if he decided that family comes first.
A bit like Sheridan, I guess.

Feb 28, 2016
Mark Pedlar":1tdxw8it said:
Steve Evans":1tdxw8it said:

Exactly. The buck has to stop with Adams, even more so with his new job title. Sack Adams, firstly see if any of the coaching staff then resign out of solidarity, secondly, appoint a new man and then thirdly, let them evaluate who they want to keep and where they want their own men brought in.

Apr 5, 2008
Don't have to worked in the game to see that the coaching of the defense isn't up to scratch ,unless its just the fact the players aren't good enough.

We have been run ragged all season at the back ,need it to change pretty quickly if we want to recover this awful start to a season again.

Sep 25, 2010
MarkMatthews":3rpmvsde said:
Mark Pedlar":3rpmvsde said:
Steve Evans":3rpmvsde said:

Exactly. The buck has to stop with Adams, even more so with his new job title. Sack Adams, firstly see if any of the coaching staff then resign out of solidarity, secondly, appoint a new man and then thirdly, let them evaluate who they want to keep and where they want their own men brought in.

Thankfully these 3 things will not happen.