Devon Derby Match Thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Devon Derby Match Thread

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Dec 21, 2015
Bristol Rich":ai67zydg said:
TonyD":ai67zydg said:
Are you just so besotted with yourself that you have no evidence that would have been the case

Pasoti after victories this season has been very quiet

Pasoti after a defeat is an embarrassment

Your own comments just prove my point

We lost 4-0 away to Exshitter for the first time in 100 hundred years

Get over yourself and your pathetic comments

Seriously get a grip man.

Could you explain what comments exactly were pathetic? What has specifically offended you?

Also saying Exeshitter makes you sound ridiculous and childish.

Everything you say rich

You just spout your mouth off for the sake of it with no substance

Then you try and belittle others with the wording "incapable of understanding"

As if you are some genius and everything you say is fact

Far from it

We all have our opinion but you should not try an belittle others to try and get your own non factual opinion across

I am full aware of the significance of this result

I have supported Argyle for 30+ years, for the last 6 I have lived 45 miles up the road in the very town that every green hates, and had to support my team from within the home fans and faced the ferocity of their anger at Argyle as a whole, McCormick when he was with us, and the joy when they beat us so please I get the relevance of a defeat

But I am clever enough to hold my head high and say it's one defeat - I support Argyle and will not let one defeat cloud my judgement of the teams performance - it was below par but a million miles from the opinions of some that say they didn't care, didn't try, were an embarrassment, not fit to wear the shirt, should all be shown the door .
It's you that needs to get a grip

No matter who we play it's one result and was bad one but one that hadn't happened for 100 years so well done to them let them wallow in a bit of one of glory as it will be 100 years before it happens again and Devon will always be green no matter what the results, league positions, divisions

That's one fact every Argyle fan should realise and be proud of

May 1, 2011
So you can't actually quote anything in particular?

I made the point that yesterday had we have won 4 nil Pasoti would have been a party zone like Exeweb was. For some obscure reason you didn't want to admit it, instead of discussing the team's performance or giving valid opinions you raged at Argyle fans with a little hissy fit.

Yesterday was a total embarrassment and we didn't try hard enough. Not sure how anyone would argue with that. As I didn't write they all be shown the door not sure where you got that from.

It's extremely arrogant to say Devon will always been green. It's that sort of arrogance that got the Exeter team up for the game yesterday.

Yes if you can't understand the difference between playing Orient or City then you really don't get it.

Dec 21, 2015
I really am trying hard to figure out if you can read or you just like to spout off because you like the sound of your fingers on the keyboard

If by having a hissy fit you mean my post of

12 pages for 1 loss

Where have you all been when we have been winning and playing well

Pffttttftt

Or after your then post of

"Fake outrage.

Where you even there today?"

Followed by

If Lowe and the team had won 4 nil imagine the praise he'd be getting

Therefore the same level of criticism is to be expected.

Then yes I had a hissy fit - who the hell do you think you are ....

4 days previous we won 4 -0 and there were 5 pages in the match thread so where did you get your stats from ... Oh I know your own empty head that's where from

You followed that up with the insult of being "incapable of understanding"
I am fully aware of the difference between Orient and Exeter I live in Exeter and had to stand on the big bank and suffer in silence

You other comments ..

"The most concerning aspect was the lack of effort"

Have you ever played football at any level above fantasy level as that's where your rational seems to be

There was plenty of effort, commitment and endeavour but things didn't come off, didn't work out and we as fans need to accept there are 2 teams on a pitch and sometimes we will lose, it doesn't mean we didn't try it means we lost to a better team on the day

Yesterday was a bad day result wise

Could have been different if sarcavic had scored or we didn't give away a pen just before half time or they didn't score a fluke of a second goal after half time

We were then chasing the game and they scored 2 more on the break

Why not act like a grown man and take the defeat on the chin agree they played better and move on with a bit of humble pie instead of attacking anybody who didn't agree with you

We lost it wasn't total embarrassment it was one bad result if you were embarrassed to wear green or support Argyle that's your problem you should always be prepared for something other than a win

I didn't read exweb as have no interest in how they celebrate 1 win in 100 hundred years clearly that was more important to you.

Maybe your also reading exweb when argyle win and don't bother posting on pasoti

May 1, 2011
Ok let's focus on the football, it's a debating board and lots of fans including myself didn't think the players put enough of a shift in, particularly our front 2. Exeter came out of the traps and harried and chased us all game. That's why supporters are annoyed. Yes ok I've never played professional football so that must mean none of us can have an opinion (including you). Read Chris Errington's match report, it's spot on. Lowe himself has even said they wanted it more than us which would suggest the players didn't work hard enough.

If Lowe and the players aren't totally embarrassed then we really do have a problem. I'm pretty sure you're the exception because in the away end the supporters were deeply embarrassed and angry. How on earth a good free kick is a fluke goal by them only you can answer. We weren't hit on the break for the 3rd or 4th as we weren't on the attack or putting them under any pressure. Apart from the half chance in the 1st half their keeper had a quiet afternoon. This is the time to take our green tinted glasses off.

This game was more high profile than the Orient game. I'm certain had we won 4 nil then yes Pasoti would have been singing Lowe's praises because this was a far bigger match.

Dec 21, 2015
There is a huge difference between them wanting it more than us and us not trying hard enough

If your giving your all and you come up short there can be no complaints

I drive a car sometimes an old battered fiesta overtakes me it doesn't mean that car is better than mine ....

We came up short yesterday, I though Joel grant tried really hard just didn't get the breaks or had a nasty bobble just when there appeared to be something on

The 2nd goal was a fluke it took a clear deflection and instead of being a cross found its way in I was stood 20 meters from it so consider I had a much better view that you 100 meters away

Tell me what exactly were you embarrassed about

The result ?
or the fact the players stood around laughing and joking when we conseeded goals ?

The performance was below that of Exeter's that's not saying every single player had a shocker

The performance - name names who put in a bad shift

I think the distribution from the back was poor as we all too often by passed our own midfield, long diagonals were never going to work on a soaking wet pitch

If sarc's effort which was more than a half chance had found the far bottom corner or the free kick had bounced back of the keeper when we were 2-0 down then the game could have been different

Yes the game was more high profile but pasoti only goes into meltdown when we lose

When was the last time there was a 16 page post for a win ?

May 1, 2011
The point is I don't think we did give it our all. Exeter are nothing special and before the penalty there was nothing in it. Which begs the question why in the 2nd half were they so fired up and we weren't?

I don't think any Argyle player put in what could be called a decent shift, particularly in the 2nd half. We constantly gave the ball away time and time again. Rudden in particular was really poor. I have watched the highlights and the free kick was exactly what we don't do from dead balls, whip in dangerous crosses at pace. Put the ball in a dangerous area and things can happen.

What was really embarrassing was the total capitulation and the way 4 nil to quote Sean McCarthy flattered us,( listen to his post match comments on GOS)
Exeter were quicker, faster and hungry and this from a team that has conceded 7 in the last 2 games. We completely fell apart and their keeper won't have an easier afternoon all season. That's what is so embarrassing. It could of easily been 5 or 6.

Well to be fair we haven't had a big win in a big game for quite some time so when we do I suspect there will be a long thread.

Dec 21, 2015
That is the first post of yours that actually makes any sense - its constructive in your criticism

Think you almost agreed then that the 2nd goal was a fluke and that changed the game plan completely

I disagree that 4-0 flattered them

Granted we could have been 2 down before sarc's chance but after that I thought it was pretty even tho they looked more dangerous

Exeter were ruthless with their finishing when they had opportunities

They had 4 shots on target to our 3

I agree Exeter were hungrier and quicker but that could have been because they had a point to prove after their previous 2 heavy defeats on the bounce whereas maybe we were over confidendent because of the 2 victories and they had lost 2 ....

It's time to move on the weekend is now over and time to refocus the minds on the next opponents and not dwell on the negativity of 1 bad result against our biggest rivals and for some the only game they care about winning

Aug 5, 2016
TonyD":1kqfcdn8 said:
There is a huge difference between them wanting it more than us and us not trying hard enough

Is there? Our players are paid more than theirs. I would dearly love to know why our players are entitled to be motivated considerably less than Exeter's but still want to pick up their wages and bonuses and receive pats on the back from the fans. 'Don't worry lads, we'll get them next time eh?'. Are you for real? What conceivable acceptable reason is there for Exeter being hyped up to the max for this game, and our players treating it like it is a reserve game?

Jul 12, 2016
TonyD":15dwe4is said:

If your giving your all and you come up short there can be no complaints

I drive a car sometimes an old battered fiesta overtakes me it doesn't mean that car is better than mine ....

We came up short yesterday, I though Joel grant tried really hard just didn't get the breaks or had a nasty bobble just when there appeared to be something on

The 2nd goal was a fluke it took a clear deflection and instead of being a cross found its way in I was stood 20 meters from it so consider I had a much better view that you 100 meters away

Tell me what exactly were you embarrassed about

The result ?
or the fact the players stood around laughing and joking when we conseeded goals ?

The performance was below that of Exeter's that's not saying every single player had a shocker

The performance - name names who put in a bad shift

I think the distribution from the back was poor as we all too often by passed our own midfield, long diagonals were never going to work on a soaking wet pitch

If sarc's effort which was more than a half chance had found the far bottom corner or the free kick had bounced back of the keeper when we were 2-0 down then the game could have been different

Yes the game was more high profile but pasoti only goes into meltdown when we lose

When was the last time there was a 16 page post for a win ?
There will always be more pages for a lost because there is
more to analyse and criticize.Its the same in the workplace do well as expected and little gets said .Not pull your weight and see what happens.

May 1, 2011
TonyD":3kur3mrj said:
That is the first post of yours that actually makes any sense - its constructive in your criticism

Think you almost agreed then that the 2nd goal was a fluke and that changed the game plan completely

I disagree that 4-0 flattered them

Granted we could have been 2 down before sarc's chance but after that I thought it was pretty even tho they looked more dangerous

Exeter were ruthless with their finishing when they had opportunities

They had 4 shots on target to our 3

I agree Exeter were hungrier and quicker but that could have been because they had a point to prove after their previous 2 heavy defeats on the bounce whereas maybe we were over confidendent because of the 2 victories and they had lost 2 ....

It's time to move on the weekend is now over and time to refocus the minds on the next opponents and not dwell on the negativity of 1 bad result against our biggest rivals and for some the only game they care about winning

We were out fought and out thought. The 2nd goal was not a fluke. Put a decent cross in dangerous areas and you get results, the Sturrock promotion team made an art of it. We didn't put a decent cross in all game.

We gifted them 2 goals with this crazy tactic of passing short to men who have nothing on, City had planned for this and constantly closed us down forcing us to give the ball away.

Even at 2 nil down if we had some character we could have still got something out of the game.

That was a real thrashing and we won't help ourselves by pretending otherwise. It could of easily been more than a 4 nil hammering. Lowe knows it as well and I suspect there will be strong words at training tomorrow.

Dec 21, 2015
Knibbsworth":2vgbge65 said:
TonyD":2vgbge65 said:

Is there? Our players are paid more than theirs. I would dearly love to know why our players are entitled to be motivated considerably less than Exeter's but still want to pick up their wages and bonuses and receive pats on the back from the fans. 'Don't worry lads, we'll get them next time eh?'. Are you for real? What conceivable acceptable reason is there for Exeter being hyped up to the max for this game, and our players treating it like it is a reserve game?

Do you know the Exeter wage bill or is this just another assumption ?

Where has anybody said our players were not motivated as much as them

We lost stop making exaggerated claims that are simply not true

I saw players trying their best - what more can a player give ??

May 1, 2011
TonyD":314urycm said:
Knibbsworth":314urycm said:
TonyD":314urycm said:

Do you know the Exeter wage bill or is this just another assumption ?

Where has anybody said our players were not motivated as much as them

We lost stop making exaggerated claims that are simply not true

I saw players trying their best - what more can a player give ??

Lowe said they wanted it more than us.

So can we really say they gave their best?

I doubt training will be comfortable tomorrow.

Dec 21, 2015
So a cross that gets a wicked deflection totally changing the flight of the ball isn't fluke ?

The ball was aimed for the penalty spot but went in the top left corner

At 2 -0 down we had character we fought for every ball we tried to create chances but didn't get any breaks - it was a bad performance not a gutless one - all too many start throwing unfounded accusations like bottled it, and characterless

We lost and we all need to move on and forget it