Devon Derby Match Thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Devon Derby Match Thread

Dec 21, 2015
Yes sometimes no matter how hard you try or how much you give sometimes it just won't be enough

Are you saying Wales didn't try hard enough in the rugby

When there is completion the winner can not always be measured on how hard you try

May 1, 2011
TonyD":221v5qdb said:
So a cross that gets a wicked deflection totally changing the flight of the ball isn't fluke ?

The ball was aimed for the penalty spot but went in the top left corner

At 2 -0 down we had character we fought for every ball we tried to create chances but didn't get any breaks - it was a bad performance not a gutless one - all too many start throwing unfounded accusations like bottled it, and characterless

We lost and we all need to move on and forget it

The ball was a dangerous cross at pace into our box. Nothing flukey about it, it went right in the danger zone, then anything can happen.

I know you're trying to be positive but you can't rewrite history. We didn't fight hard enough and we were second to most balls.
We were totally thrashed and luck had nothing to do with it.

May 1, 2011
TonyD":1bhasyfl said:
Yes sometimes no matter how hard you try or how much you give sometimes it just won't be enough

When there is completion the winner can not always be measured on how hard you try

Wales fought hard and lost a very tight semi final to a team that could well end up as World Champions. It's not quite the same is it as being thrashed by a pretty average league 2 outfit?

Dec 21, 2015
Have it your way rich

Your negativity far beats my willingness to have a meaningful discussion With someone that can not be objective

No matter what is said you will twist it into how you want it to come across

A deflected cross that end up in the net is not brilliant play it's a fluke that 99 times out of 100 would have resulted in the ball going out for a corner and the crowd howling what a waste that it didn't clear the first defender - the ball struck a player 15 yards from goal outside of the danger zone but ended up top corner as the deflection wrong footed everyone but hey ho you see it as a superior piece of skill

New Zealand lost by a considerable margin did they bottle in and give up and not try as well?

Your arguments are fabricated nonsense

As I said I am no longer going to discuss detail with anyone that insists on being so negative without substance

We lost correct
We lost to Exeter correct
We had the worst scoreline in 100 years correct

We played inferior
We were second best

Devon will always be green because the countryside is green which the county is surrounded by

Argyle will always be the no. 1 team in Devon

Maybe you should stay off exweb for a while

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Dec 21, 2015
Having watched the highlights I owe an apology - from real time at the ground I thought the ball hit the first defender and flew in but having watched it it was an Exeter player that deliberately flicked on the cross from the end of the 6 yard box so not a fluke

My beef would be NOT about the goal and the merits of the cross or such like BUT the totally futile need for the free-kick in the beginning.

No danger of the guy close to the touchline but stupid Sawyer [why he is ever captain I do not know but that is another debate] develops "red mist" and invites what COULD be a cross from a dangerous position.

ALL so basic and needless !!

When will they ever learn ?

Keep the Faith :scarf: :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
TonyD":35c3r4rt said:

Wales lost by 3 points to South Africa en route to the WC final. Pride in performance, dignity in defeat.

Wales's worst head to head result was a 98-13 defeat in 1998.

Imagine that historic low at the rugby earlier and your example might make sense.

I doubt the prevailing thought had that happened would be 'where were the moaners when we beat Georgia 43-14?' or 'we just didn't get the breaks today, it just wasn't our day'. 'The ref allowing the first, second, third, fourth and fifth tries really ruined our momentum.'

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TonyD":13qxrspx said:
Having watched the highlights I owe an apology - from real time at the ground I thought the ball hit the first defender and flew in but having watched it it was an Exeter player that deliberately flicked on the cross from the end of the 6 yard box so not a fluke

Finally! :)

May 1, 2011
TonyD":1ystdwpq said:
Have it your way rich

Your negativity far beats my willingness to have a meaningful discussion With someone that can not be objective

No matter what is said you will twist it into how you want it to come across

A deflected cross that end up in the net is not brilliant play it's a fluke that 99 times out of 100 would have resulted in the ball going out for a corner and the crowd howling what a waste that it didn't clear the first defender - the ball struck a player 15 yards from goal outside of the danger zone but ended up top corner as the deflection wrong footed everyone but hey ho you see it as a superior piece of skill

New Zealand lost by a considerable margin did they bottle in and give up and not try as well?

Your arguments are fabricated nonsense

As I said I am no longer going to discuss detail with anyone that insists on being so negative without substance

We lost correct
We lost to Exeter correct
We had the worst scoreline in 100 years correct

We played inferior
We were second best

Devon will always be green because the countryside is green which the county is surrounded by

Argyle will always be the no. 1 team in Devo

Maybe you should stay off exweb for a while

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

We aren't the number 1 team in Devon currently, that is factually incorrect. We are the bigger club but at the moment we are a 4th division team 6 points lower than Exeter so perhaps a little humility and reflection is needed.

Apology accepted by the way, it wasn't a flukey goal in the slightest. It was also really stupid free kick to concede.

May 1, 2011
TonyD":1lptc9xj said:
Current League position does not dictate 125+ years of history

We are No.1 team in Devon

There is a difference between being the bigger club and the current teams.

On a much bigger scale Man Utd will always be bigger than City but they aren't the number 1 team in Manchester.

Aug 12, 2018
TonyD":2w82jdvv said:

Over the last 50 years ;

14 seasons in the second tier

14 seasons in the fourth tier

22 seasons in the third tier

Our new level is a mid table League One side.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TinTin":1jmi73ky said:
My beef would be NOT about the goal and the merits of the cross or such like BUT the totally futile need for the free-kick in the beginning.

Myself and ten people around me some 100 yards away all moaned and said 'what a stupid free kick to give away' before the goal was scored.

Completely needless.

Dec 21, 2015
TruroTerry":1z46gsre said:
TonyD":1z46gsre said:

Over the last 50 years ;

14 seasons in the second tier

14 seasons in the fourth tier

22 seasons in the third tier

Our new level is a mid table League One side.

And compare those same 50 years with Exeter's league history and ...

Oh yeah Argyle still Devon's No.1 club

Has Exeter ever finished a league season above Argyle ?