Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final, | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final,

Who to win the play-off final?

• Exeter City

Votes: 58 44.6%
  • Northampton Town

Votes: 59 45.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 10.0%

• Total voters

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
mervyn":2lke5iyl said:
ming the merciless":2lke5iyl said:
Please be Exeter. Good for the South West. Good for us. Two great occasions next season. And lastly we owe it to ourselves to put on a better display than the last time out at St James Park. I'd like to not have to wait too long to put that right.

Agree with this. Would be even better still if Torquay rejoin the league so the the South West looks less of a soccer outpost to some.

Agree 100%

Oct 31, 2015
mervyn":civktoet said:
ming the merciless":civktoet said:
Please be Exeter. Good for the South West. Good for us. Two great occasions next season. And lastly we owe it to ourselves to put on a better display than the last time out at St James Park. I'd like to not have to wait too long to put that right.

Agree with this. Would be even better still if Torquay rejoin the league so the the South West looks less of a soccer outpost to some.

Another agreement from me. :scarf: and

Sep 3, 2009
Action Jackson":sn6kjqyl said:
Anyone but Exeter. Embarrassing being associated with them.

Much better derby games against proper teams - Rovers, Pompey etc.

Except Pompey don't regard Argyle as a derby and Rovers barely do either.

Exeter and Torquay are our local derbies.

Would like to see Exeter go up. Good for SW football and the higher up we both are, the better the rivalry is. As it's always been in the basement, it's currently a bit of a joke. Hardly Rangers v Celtic, is it?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Andy_S":1fztbzdi said:
I hope that Exeter City make it through.

At least one completely full house next season.

Should it be Exeter you’d hope the powers that be schedule our home game later in the season when fans are more likely to be able to attend.

I’d worry that our game at home will be a curtain lifter to the season and in an empty stadium whilst the reverse fixture will be on Boxing Day.

Mar 29, 2020
Northampton Town - good away day.... don’t give me that c*** it’s good for South West football....people that say that must love Exeter and Torquay as well..total madness

Aug 27, 2019
Did I see that Ryan Lowe has wished Colchester well in the play offs?
Controversial if true!

Am a West Country soccer fan so although don't like them, would love to see Exeter City go up - cannot wait any longer than necessary to revenge that drubbing......

With Rovers, Swindon, Pompey (may not be a derby, but dockyard rivalry & City pride counts for something!), together with many others now only 3 hours away, will seem like an easy travel....

+ Mayor staying.....

Getting excited already......

COYGs!!!

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I don't mind but I'd rather it not be Exeter, but I believe they will win the play offs

Aug 8, 2013
In order of preference: Exeter, Cheltenham, Northampton, Colchester.

The more local derbies, the better.

And I also agree that it would be good to see Torquay get back.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Exeter all the way.

Well run club and a nice local derby. I don't really understand why anyone would prefer to play Colchester, Northampton, or Cheltenham at Home Park with a crowd of maybe 9,000 including 200 away fans rather than a game versus Exeter with a potential crowd of 15,000 and a decent away following.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
For fans of my generation, the world of football doesn’t seem quite right when Exeter are in the same Division as Argyle, so I obviously don’t want them to win it. I would like to think that we will never play League football against them again. I would also love to see Torquay come back up to provide the local rivalry for them.

Colchester and Northampton are both long-old jaunts so it has to be Cheltenham, which is quite a nice place for a visit at any time.

Aug 27, 2019
'For fans of my generation......'? What generation is that?

I am in my 60s, been a 'green' since birth.....never liked Exeter City AFC BUT always look out for & wish ALL South West sides well...have always adopted the higher moral ground as I believe strongly that Argyle fans are entitled to do when dealing with our poorer, worse than us, clearly deprived educationally & socially, & unluckier local rivals (for discussion?). Have also mellowed with the years & the more local derbies we can have, the better.
Am a fan of re-organised divisions into South & North, combining Leagues 1 & 2 - want to spend more time watching footie & less on the road.....bigger crowds, local rivalry & better atmosphere. Imagine a league with City, Torquay, Yeovil, Rovers, Cheltenham, Swindon.....THEN, if relegated from our superior & rightful position in The Championship, it wouldn't all be bad.

COYGs...with Ryan at the hem, can see us going straight through this league!

Nov 9, 2008
I’ll be rooting against Exeter when I watch their games, presuming they’re televised. But if they do go up I’ll be looking forward to the chance for a couple of local derbies, especially as we missed out on the home game last year. Win-win really.