Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final, | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter humiliated 0-4 in the Play Off Final,

Who to win the play-off final?

• Exeter City

Votes: 58 44.6%
  • Northampton Town

Votes: 59 45.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 10.0%

• Total voters

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Garland_Greene":3vyc58qq said:
Colchester for me. They were the best side ive seen us play this season. They totally outplayed us away.

Yep

Aug 5, 2016
tawtongreen":3nfoe7ve said:
So much for that being my last post but I will rise to the bait.....

You appear to hate/detest Exeter City. You can have a rivalry with anyone but that doesn't mean you cannot wish then well WHERE IT IS NOT AT ARGYLE's expense. The guard of honour jibe is both an insult to all honest, right minded Argyle & also to football fans everywhere. Look at Liverpool & Everton - they have probably the most intense rivalry ever but most (& I have many scouse friends of both persuasion),support each other both when the chips are down or the other is in a game of importance that cannot adversely impact on their club's fortunes.
I would love to see Argyle & City fans exist in a similarly happy (but intense) rivalry. I remember all too well the fighting in the pubs of the 70s & 80s - what did it achieve? If Argyle & City are in the same division, it is to our mutual benefit - primarily Argyle's given our bigger ground....
So please, don't be so smallminded & petty, Argyle first yes all the time,, but Football & SW football particularly to thrive is surely what we all want?
I encourage you to see the bigger picture.....

On what basis is Liverpool and Everton 'the most intense rivalry ever'?

Mar 29, 2020
I bet Everton fans are over the moon that Liverpool are going to win the league..because they are thinking that the Premier League Trophy is coming to Merseyside.....NOT :facepalm:

Jul 6, 2005
tawtongreen":2kscc273 said:
So much for that being my last post but I will rise to the bait.....

You appear to hate/detest Exeter City. You can have a rivalry with anyone but that doesn't mean you cannot wish then well WHERE IT IS NOT AT ARGYLE's expense. The guard of honour jibe is both an insult to all honest, right minded Argyle & also to football fans everywhere. Look at Liverpool & Everton - they have probably the most intense rivalry ever but most (& I have many scouse friends of both persuasion),support each other both when the chips are down or the other is in a game of importance that cannot adversely impact on their club's fortunes.
I would love to see Argyle & City fans exist in a similarly happy (but intense) rivalry. I remember all too well the fighting in the pubs of the 70s & 80s - what did it achieve? If Argyle & City are in the same division, it is to our mutual benefit - primarily Argyle's given our bigger ground....
So please, don't be so smallminded & petty, Argyle first yes all the time,, but Football & SW football particularly to thrive is surely what we all want?
I encourage you to see the bigger picture.....
Also my last word on it.

Take a look over on Exeweb at the well-meaning but naive Argyle fan who posted a supportive post about the Play-offs, only to receive abuse and contempt.

I doubt you would find one Exeter fan supporting Argyle if our positions were reversed but you would find loads of them desperate to see us lose.

Aug 12, 2018
Of course we want Exeter to go up ..... it gives us two huge games against them next season in front of hopefully sell out crowds. Why anyone wants two games against Col U, Cobblers or Chelters is madness. Half full stadiums with no atmosphere :banghead:

We need to repay the four nil debacle ASAP.

Mar 29, 2020
These Exeter City fans on here will soon be asking for Exeter/Argyle scarves soon... :funny:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I have also looked on exeweb and the vitriol directed at PAFC in general, this city, the owner, manager and last but not least us supporters is comparable to "that other site", Anyone but ECFC because of their forum posting fanbase. :scarf: :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Interested in the playoffs:
If Execececeter go up ( :sick: ) we get to beat them twice, take six points and laugh our socks off.
If Execececeter don't go up ( :D ) we get to laugh our socks off without having to play them!!

When will we see you again? Precious moments? :whistle:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Knibbsworth":3iybp8gw said:
Cheltenham Town because they deserve it. Fewest defeats in the division and the best goal difference. If we had finished the season they would have been close to winning the league and almost certainly top 3.

As for Exeter, they would love to see us go back into admin and out of business. Yet every season on here you see fans wish them well. 'It would be great to see them in our division next year', 'great for SW football! Lovely to see the away end packed out'
WTF?
Every single one of them hates your guts

Get a grip. It's a game of football. :facepalm:

Jul 6, 2005
TruroTerry":35qqc567 said:
Of course we want Exeter to go up ..... it gives us two huge games against them next season in front of hopefully sell out crowds. Why anyone wants two games against Col U, Cobblers or Chelters is madness. Half full stadiums with no atmosphere :banghead:

Argyle v Exeter would not be a sell-out unless it was a Promotion game to the Championship, in which case so would be most other home games. However, it would also cost Argyle a fortune for the Police, complete with Horses and Helicopter, not to mention the early kick-off time which upsets a lot of our travelling fans.

I don’t care about the revenue from Exeter v Argyle, but that game has never been a sell-out and never will be. Despite this, tickets are always hard to get hold of and this season, Exeter still never gave us all of the crappy little away end, having the end block of terrace shut off. There were also plenty of seats unsold on both sides of the ground and the Big Bank was not full either. They are a relatively small club in terms of their fanbase.

As for the 4-0 debacle, get over it and don’t be so parochial. Who has had the last laugh?

You remind me of some equally petty Exeter fans who were really worried about the season being declared null and void, not because they would lose the chance of promotion via the Play-offs but because the 4-0 would be expunged from the record book. It really was their Cup Final.

I don’t think that I am the only one who whilst feeling bitterly disappointed and annoyed on the day, I also tried to take something positive from it and on the train home talking to other equally disappointed fans, I took the view that in the longer term, it could be a good thing because of the kick up the *ss it should give Lowe and the players.

Their response after that game was excellent and the rest is history.

Aug 5, 2016
Kersie":euumlxbf said:
I bet Everton fans are over the moon that Liverpool are going to win the league..because they are thinking that the Premier League Trophy is coming to Merseyside.....NOT :facepalm:

I am sure Everton fans are ecstatic that Liverpool's American owners, German manager, and forward trio from Egypt, Senegal and Brazil are really putting local football on the map!

Aug 5, 2016
jespafc":149j6qf2 said:
Knibbsworth":149j6qf2 said:
Cheltenham Town because they deserve it. Fewest defeats in the division and the best goal difference. If we had finished the season they would have been close to winning the league and almost certainly top 3.

As for Exeter, they would love to see us go back into admin and out of business. Yet every season on here you see fans wish them well. 'It would be great to see them in our division next year', 'great for SW football! Lovely to see the away end packed out'
WTF?

Might be kicking a bag of air to you, but to others it is hundreds of years of local identity and rivalry, and football was the vehicle they could compete blood and snotters. It is history, pride, identity and tradition.

If you don't care, then good for you. For me it is an essential part of the game. Almost every club in every country from Ireland to Japan has a rival club up the road they don't like and never will.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Knibbsworth":lzbovm9v said:
jespafc":lzbovm9v said:
Knibbsworth":lzbovm9v said:

WTF?

Might be kicking a bag of air to you, but to others it is hundreds of years of local identity and rivalry, and football was the vehicle they could compete blood and snotters. It is history, pride, identity and tradition.

If you don't care, then good for you. For me it is an essential part of the game. Almost every club in every country from Ireland to Japan has a rival club up the road they don't like and never will.

No no, I get the rivalry part....but it's the hate part that baffles me. It's just your prediction that every single Exeter fan 'hates my guts' that threw me a little, but I'll take your word for it.

Sep 6, 2006
TruroTerry":iua8ro25 said:

You'll be lucky to get quarter full stadiums let alone half. The penny still hasnt dropped for some.