F1 2024 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2024

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Albon crossed my mind too. He's done a fine job of restoring his reputation after his Red Bull stint, albeit alongside mediocre pay-drivers - I'd love to see him at Mercedes.

It seems inconceivable that Sainz will be without a drive next year, but would he really want to be Max's number 2 at Red Bull? Is it possible that Fernando Alonso might call it a day next year given his advancing years if the Aston Martin isn't at least a podium challenger next season...?

Interesting times, after a totally static transfer market this winter.

I agree with you about Ocon I think - there were a few who thought he was the next Verstappen before he came into F1 weren't there?
Sainz will definitely be in a drive, there have been rumours of him joining Sauber to head up the Audi entry, he's far too good to not be in a drive. Replacing Alonso at Aston would be a good shout, I wonder if Fernando would fancy a go in a Merc.....

I've never got it with Ocon, decent but clashes with team mates too much and never been a stand out. The race he won, he only won because of Alonso.
Well they've had two years to sort out the crap car/driver combination and it looks like they have still failed.
Yeah true, but Ferrari have been nowhere for a while now too.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Inadvertently I think this really ramps up the pressure on Perez too. In 2025 Ferrari will have Leclerc and Hamilton, Mclaren will have Lando and Piastri, Mercedes will have Russell and pretty much anyone they fancy. Red Bull will really need 2 competitive drivers, they can't afford to have Perez a second off the pace every week.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Also means he can drive one around Monaco when he isn't working.

Pretty sure he already has a collection of Ferrari's that he can use whenever. But it's a exciting move that mixes up a bit of a stale driver lineup at the top of the grid. I wonder if Ferrari have promised him to go after Newey too?

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
I wonder if Merc will put him on gardening leave for the year?

Don't see why they would. Obviously he won't be in meetings about next seasons car etc. But he's not broken his contract and has been there longer than most of the staff. He will want to go out with a good season.