F1 2024 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2024

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Obviously we need to be mindful of the ongoing process here, but this is not looking good for Christian Horner is it? Is it surprising that he's continuing in post while these allegations are being investigated?
If you believe what is out there online then it really isn't great, to have allegedly offered someone £650k to stay quiet implies guilt. In the modern world, even if he is found innocent this is the type of thing that sticks for a while.

On a different Red Bull note, rumours are they are going for a zero-pod approach from Suzuka (race 4 this year), if they make that work then its season over.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
On a different Red Bull note, rumours are they are going for a zero-pod approach from Suzuka (race 4 this year), if they make that work then its season over.

There's no real reason to think it won't work, given the genius in charge of Red Bull's aero, but imagine if Horner is out of the picture and the new sidepod concept doesn't work...

Maybe this season could be more interesting after all. All very much hypothetical of course - and it would take a very brave or foolish man to bet against Adrian Newey.

I've always wondered how Verstappen will cope if he one day ends up in a car that is not Championship worthy again. He was always pretty phlegmatic about chasing the Mercs before he became the world champion. But I can't imagine him sticking around for long if the Red Bulls look like they're going to have a few years of being off the pace. And he's definitely not going to do an Alonso or a Hamilton and race in F1 into his 40s.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I have a feeling that Red Bull will make the zero pod design work. Newey has had a couple of seasons to study Mercedes failed attempt at the design, so I'm sure they wouldn't introduce it themselves unless they were sure they were onto a winner. And, unlike Mercedes, they're not having to play catch-up on the aero design front.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I have a feeling that Red Bull will make the zero pod design work. Newey has had a couple of seasons to study Mercedes failed attempt at the design, so I'm sure they wouldn't introduce it themselves unless they were sure they were onto a winner. And, unlike Mercedes, they're not having to play catch-up on the aero design front.
It'll be interesting if they don't hit the ground running with it and they struggle for the first race or two. Its brave to change concept mid-season especially with no testing.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Interesting that there was a big hooha over naming Suzy Woolfwhen she was investigated for conflict of interests recently. General consensus was that nobody should be named until found guilty as mud sticks etc. Funny that everyone is happy that Horner has been named before being found guilty. Maybe his has done wrong, but double standards seem acceptable if the person involved is not a likeable character.

Reactions: The Pilgrim

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
BBC were listing Fernando Alonso as an Alpine driver at one point this morning. I don't know if anyone has ever changed teams during an event before, but they've got him back with Aston Martin now.

• Haha

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
When was the last time the F1 directly clashed with Argyle? We don't play on Sunday afternoons that often...

(I've opted for Ipswich (H) this time round, naturally)
It’s bad enough trying to avoid the qualifying results on the journey none from Argyle, let alone the actual race results.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
When was the last time the F1 directly clashed with Argyle? We don't play on Sunday afternoons that often...

(I've opted for Ipswich (H) this time round, naturally)
It's usually only the Japanese GP which is in danger of being held on a Saturday if they think there's going to be a typhoon on the Sunday, and they kick off a lot earlier than Argyle.