Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2019
There has been a big rise in cases in Plymouth in the week Nov 7-13, and the rate per 100,000 has gone up to 231.2. I would imagine that's mostly people who were infected prior to lockdown but didn't have a positive test until the following week. People got a bit silly in the last few days before lockdown and would have been swarming into pubs, restaurants, shops etc, as well as mingling with friends and family. These figures reflect that.

It just shows what'll happen to the rate of infection if we're allowed to have a 'normal' Christmas. People will inevitably 'party on' and the spike will be huge. We'd have to be locked down again in January, possibly for much longer than current restrictions.

Hopefully none of this will impact plans to get fans back into football stadiums, but even if they manage to do it safely, going back to football will just add to the festive, post-lockdown atmosphere. Pubs will be packed and social distancing will be ignored.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
SwimWithTheTide":3vcmy77f said:
Is there evidence of this individuals lying business? I can see that it's a probability, but would imagine its scarce and barely noteworthy.

Just comes across a speculative conjecture in an attempt to defend mismanagement to me.

Australia in the meantime are playing in front of near full houses again.

Not a great surprise really is it? Australia with nearly 8 million square km with no land borders has 25 million people.
The EU with 4.6 million square km has 445 million people with Germany alone bordering 9 other countries. England has a population double Australia's on a land mass 56 times smaller. We can blame governments in every country but often it is too many of the people themselves taking little responsibility.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Every pub I visited post OG lockdown were restricted by social distancing rules and had covid protocols in place. I'm not sure why people think that pubs would not stick by these same restrictions just because people can attend a game locally?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
jerryatricjanner":99jofuu0 said:
SwimWithTheTide":99jofuu0 said:
Is there evidence of this individuals lying business? I can see that it's a probability, but would imagine its scarce and barely noteworthy.

Just comes across a speculative conjecture in an attempt to defend mismanagement to me.

Not a great surprise really is it? Australia with nearly 8 million square km with no land borders has 25 million people.
The EU with 4.6 million square km has 445 million people with Germany alone bordering 9 other countries. England has a population double Australia's on a land mass 56 times smaller. We can blame governments in every country but often it is too many of the people themselves taking little responsibility.

Is Australia's population evenly spread across the country?

Jun 27, 2019
SwimWithTheTide":3p5i5x1n said:
Every pub I visited post OG lockdown were restricted by social distancing rules and had covid protocols in place. I'm not sure why people think that pubs would not stick by these same restrictions just because people can attend a game locally?

It's one thing having social distancing rules and Covid protocols, but another altogether enforcing them. My experience of being in pubs in the past few months has been that staff are much too busy with table service to keep an eye on what punters are doing. The last time I went out, the night ended with a group of blokes hugging and singing and the bar staff did nothing.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
WoodsyGreen":8rztr5mi said:
SwimWithTheTide":8rztr5mi said:

It's one thing having social distancing rules and Covid protocols, but another altogether enforcing them. My experience of being in pubs in the past few months has been that staff are much too busy with table service to keep an eye on what punters are doing. The last time I went out, the night ended with a group of blokes hugging and singing and the bar staff did nothing.

I hope you challenged their social irresponsibility? We needed to in Cornwall during the high tourist season.

Jun 27, 2019
Quintrell_Green":1wn5ng4i said:
WoodsyGreen":1wn5ng4i said:
SwimWithTheTide":1wn5ng4i said:

I hope you challenged their social irresponsibility? We needed to in Cornwall during the high tourist season.

The last and only time I did that some little scrote threatened me with violence. Sadly that's the angry society we live in and I won't be challenging anyone again.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
WoodsyGreen":3bh3bnqx said:
SwimWithTheTide":3bh3bnqx said:

Were they within their group of 6 and at their table?

I can't say I've seen anything which has meant one group has compromised safety of another. Not saying it hasn't happened, but there's insinuation that it's a large scale issue that just doesn't ring true through my own experiences.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
SwimWithTheTide":9j1mn2r8 said:
jerryatricjanner":9j1mn2r8 said:
SwimWithTheTide":9j1mn2r8 said:

Is Australia's population evenly spread across the country?
Of course not, where is? Half the population is in the 3 largest cities. It has no land borders so it is far far easier to contain the spread of a virus.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
WoodsyGreen":z5fudqn9 said:
SwimWithTheTide":z5fudqn9 said:

There will always be the odd idiots whether in a pub or in a domestic situation. With less than 5% of covid cases being linked to the hospitality trade it would appear to be a relatively minor issue. I thinkb30% capacity in a sports stadium properly managed would also be low risk.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Sep 13, 2003