Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":1es8aue9 said:
HC Green":1es8aue9 said:
PL2 3DQ":1es8aue9 said:
So either 2,000 or 4,000 fans inside Home Park for the Ipswich game.

Or 0 if Plymouth goes into tier 3, will be a bit annoying if Cornwall and the South Hams go into tier 1 or 2.

Possibly. The infection rate in the south west as a whole is quite high. It depends how regional the three tiers will be. City? County?

When tier 3 was imposed before, it was done by Council areas.

Sep 6, 2006
Manchesterlalala":3f4n9tac said:
So where will that leave those of without season tickets with regards to being able to watch on ifollow? Aside from Saturday I've enjoyed watching us from afar. When we were in Tier 3 (which we'll probably be in again), it was one of the few things I looked forward to.

I think I read it would continue whilst max capacity was 50% or less. Ruins my weekend!
I think Plymouth will be Tier 2 and would be surprised if it applies above Tier 1. So wont affect many towns.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
So some parts of Home Park could open more fully than others - basically the whole of the horseshoe and the lower Mayflower should be okay. I just feel a bit sorry for those with tickets in the Upper Grandstand where the capacity will be more severely restricted, but I guess that's the trouble with being in Tier 2.

Jul 24, 2009
The expectation seems to be that few areas will be initially in Tier 1 with the vast majority in either tier 2 or 3. We’ll know for sure on Thursday but either 2000 or 0 seem the likely initial scenarios for Home Park.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
third earl of jean":2j6655q3 said:
The expectation seems to be that few areas will be initially in Tier 1 with the vast majority in either tier 2 or 3. We’ll know for sure on Thursday but either 2000 or 0 seem the likely initial scenarios for Home Park.

Indeed. There will be pressure to put as many regions as possible into Tier 1 but one problem with doing that is that there is then only one way that things can go... into higher tiers and that would just be more bad news. So if you were being tactical about things and wanted to show that your system was working and improving things (regardless of whether it actually was) you would probably deliberately put some places that could be in Tier 1 into Tier 2 so that you could then subsequently move them down the lower tier which would be a big good news story (or just leave them in Tier 2 if things got a bit worse in them thereby avoiding a bad news story).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":16fq3fmk said:
Before lockdown, were we not in Tier 1 ?

Plymouth was but the expectation at that time was that we were about to be moved up to the next tier and then the national lockdown was announced.

Financially 2,000 or even 4,000 fans isn't much benefit to the club unless everyone buys a programme or food and drink if they are on sale.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Bit late on the thread and haven't read all the way through it so apologies if ive missed something but how will they select 4000 fans to let it?? Will jt be in order so that the first ones that renewed get an advantage to being let in? Or will it be a randomly chosen 4000 fans if we are tier 1??

May 8, 2011
argyleforever":358rkp5l said:
Bit late on the thread and haven't read all the way through it so apologies if ive missed something but how will they select 4000 fans to let it?? Will jt be in order so that the first ones that renewed get an advantage to being let in? Or will it be a randomly chosen 4000 fans if we are tier 1??

Argyle did say first come first choice so in theory it should be the first 2000/4000 who bought.

I’m not aware that we know what number we were when we purchased so we will just have to take the Club’s word if we arent one of the ‘lucky’ ones. In addition I expect Pioneer and sponsors to be ahead of the queue so reducing the number of tickets for ‘ordinary fans’

Ross County are in a tier 1 local authority in Scotland and are allowed 300 fans in and they used a ballot to select supporters for their home game last month.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
argyleforever":2gxwbzwa said:

When season tickets were purchased the club said it would be first come, first served. That was the rule at point of purchase.
But that may change because a fan based in somewhere like Manchester travelling down wouldn't be allowed despite being one of the first fans who bought a season ticket.
It might be first come, first served but only those with a PL postcode.

Jun 27, 2019
There will be a few clubs setting unwanted records for lowest gates over the coming months. I don't know how to search GOS for our lowest league gate but surely we'll set a new low if we're only allowed 2,000 fans in.

I'm going to take a guess that our lowest league gate is around the 3,000 mark when Kevin Hodges was manager, though no doubt there would have been a freak match at some point in history involving snow or something.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
It doesnt make a lot of sense when Old Trafford holds 80:000? and somewhere like Accrington holds 10,000? The concentration of people in a smaller space is much more. The chairman at Rochdale also said his average crowd is about 3,600 therefore their loss of income is negligible against teams with higher averages. Suppose we have to start somewhere but still seems to have the potential to be a mess eg could you travel to Argyle from a higher tier area?

May 8, 2011
Tom Cobbley":2s7k4q25 said:
It doesnt make a lot of sense when Old Trafford holds 80:000? and somewhere like Accrington holds 10,000? The concentration of people in a smaller space is much more. The chairman at Rochdale also said his average crowd is about 3,600 therefore their loss of income is negligible against teams with higher averages. Suppose we have to start somewhere but still seems to have the potential to be a mess eg could you travel to Argyle from a higher tier area?

The issue isn’t so much the stadium or event but how people get there and what they do before and afterwards.

That is why the limits have been placed to maintain social distancing on trains, tubes, buses or narrow terraced streets etc around venues.