Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2006
WoodsyGreen":1kwg97vn said:
There will be a few clubs setting unwanted records for lowest gates over the coming months. I don't know how to search GOS for our lowest league gate but surely we'll set a new low if we're only allowed 2,000 fans in.

I'm going to take a guess that our lowest league gate is around the 3,000 mark when Kevin Hodges was manager, though no doubt there would have been a freak match at some point in history involving snow or something.

I was there in the blizzard 1978 v Bradford. Game abandoned. Not many there that day!

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
How many season tickets were sold? Was it ever announced? I can imagine that some of those would prefer to continue 'shielding', which would then leave how many? I sure that, when tickets first went on sale in July, Argyle announced that those who renewed first would be prioritised. I deliberately renewed on day 1 with this in mind, so I hope that they keep to this promise.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a possibility the Rochdale game could be moved to Wednesday to take advantage of fans being allowed back. The EFL are considering allowing clubs to move games from Tuesday 1 December to a day later.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
driscollberg":tddon7wj said:
PL2 3DQ":tddon7wj said:
So either 2,000 or 4,000 fans inside Home Park for the Ipswich game.

Absolutely buzzing!

will be really interesting to see who they prioritize ....you would think Argyle senior figures will favour the 18-50 season ticket holders knowing they are less likely to be effected should they catch covid 19. a lot of fans will be unhappy, but we cannot have it all ways!

( yes i am 28 and well, and i say the above with a heavy heart)

I think it should be restricted to 72 year old former Royal Marines with beards and this is totally unbiased. :twisted:

Mar 8, 2016
I’d imagine we’d be in tier 2 initially wouldn’t we? Rate is well over a 100 per 100k, so that would be 2000k fans, also I’ve not even received my season ticket yet, has anyone else?

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
mercedes":1df2fr95 said:
How many season tickets were sold? Was it ever announced? I can imagine that some of those would prefer to continue 'shielding', which would then leave how many? I sure that, when tickets first went on sale in July, Argyle announced that those who renewed first would be prioritised. I deliberately renewed on day 1 with this in mind, so I hope that they keep to this promise.

I renewed on the same basis, so I would be disappointed if there was a huge U turn. I seem to recall there were around 2000 renewals on the first day?

On July 24th club said
The initial loyalty renewal phase will run until Friday, August 14, and priority access to games in a restricted capacity scenario will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - so season-ticket holders are encouraged to renew at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.

Season tickets haven't been sent out and the club have said new ones will be issued, despite last season saying that 2019-20 cards would be re-used this season.
I fear Ipswich will be too early to get in especially as its not voted on in Parliament till Thursday

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
A couple of points, firstly with a restrictive attendance of season ticket holders only it may cost more to accommodate them ( stewarding etc) than is taken in on the day. Secondly it will cause an awful lot of friction and may even raise the spectre of legal challenges, e,g. we are in tier one and have 4000 supporters while another club is in tier four with no supporters. Hardly a level playing field given the way a team is lifted by it`s support. For me it has to be all or none.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Sep 6, 2006
justanotherfan":royrj8eq said:
A couple of points, firstly with a restrictive attendance of season ticket holders only it may cost more to accommodate them ( stewarding etc) than is taken in on the day. Secondly it will cause an awful lot of friction and may even raise the spectre of legal challenges, e,g. we are in tier one and have 4000 supporters while another club is in tier four with no supporters. Hardly a level playing field given the way a team is lifted by it`s support. For me it has to be all or none.

Well that's what appears to have been decided by the powers that be and will presumably be ratified by parliament so dont see how legal challenges will come in to it.
Also we dont know how much stewarding costs will be but probably not that much. They are not exactly highly paid.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
John Cooper":2ya5rep8 said:
mercedes":2ya5rep8 said:

I renewed on the same basis, so I would be disappointed if there was a huge U turn. I seem to recall there were around 2000 renewals on the first day?

On July 24th club said
The initial loyalty renewal phase will run until Friday, August 14, and priority access to games in a restricted capacity scenario will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - so season-ticket holders are encouraged to renew at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.

Season tickets haven't been sent out and the club have said new ones will be issued, despite last season saying that 2019-20 cards would be re-used this season.
I fear Ipswich will be too early to get in especially as its not voted on in Parliament till Thursday

I would imagine initially emails with barcodes or QR scans will be sent out to the lucky 2,000/4,000 in place of an actual season ticket.

The Rochdale game first (maybe) followed by the Ipswich game.

Feb 8, 2005
justanotherfan":3hlw4mgd said:

Argyle will honour their obligations regarding season tickets - first come first served - I'm sure.

I can see some older generation not willing to attend at this time, for health reasons, and some more happy to continue to watch the streaming to lesson the risk of getting covid.

Regardless, PAFC will have a lot of work on their hands, in order to accommodate everyone's wishes.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
All in all it's certainly going to be a bit of a nightmare for clubs to organize since they won't have long to do so and don't know whether any particular individual fan would attend if they were offered the chance to do so.

If there are, say, 2000 places available they will somehow have to work down through the season ticket holders in order of when they renewed finding out who will come and who won't so that they can offer a seat to the next person on the list. Like I said, a complete nightmare.

All of that to make a financial loss compared to the scenario of having no fans at all (since there will be extra costs associated with having fans at the game that will surely not be offset by any food/drink etc sales). But it will be progress.