Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I think the thread has shown there are way too many questions and potential pitfalls with what the government are proposing and the club are onto a loser before they've even invited the first fan in.

I agree with the point HC has made (not interested in the Morecambe bit), allowing ST holders in will be a complete loss to the club, turnover from the kiosks will not cover the stewarding costs etc.

Maybe as ST holders we need to decide whether it's in the greater interest of the club for us to be the first back or accept i-follow for a little longer and allow the club to bring in ticket-paying supporters.

Either way the club's priority will be the Pioneer and similar groups first, then there will only be a few spaces left for "regular" ST holders to fill.

Then the debate begins, can they stick with the first-come-first-served (and as someone who renewed bang on 10am on renewal day I'm sure I'm near the top), but allow non-PL postcode supporters travel, or limit it to PL ST holders?

Should they limit it by choice of travel? Ask supporters who will drive their own cars or only those who can walk?

I don't envy the position they'll be in and I can only hope that as supporters of the club we can all be reasonable and accept their approach to the allocations.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
justanotherfan":345ow005 said:
Secondly it will cause an awful lot of friction and may even raise the spectre of legal challenges, e,g. we are in tier one and have 4000 supporters while another club is in tier four with no supporters. Hardly a level playing field given the way a team is lifted by it`s support. For me it has to be all or none.

Wow. I honestly couldn't disagree with you more JAF, but you're of course more than entitled to your opinion.

May 28, 2019
HC Green":q7wazfkt said:
The other issue for clubs like Argyle is that by letting in 4,000 or 2,000 fans will mean that as everyone will be season ticket holders they will be making even more of a loss as they will incur additional expenditure but not getting any extra income.

A team like Morecambe allowed 50% capacity will be able to have non season tickets holders in and so get revenue.
morecambe ground capacity is 6,476 supporters, so they could have 3200, they usually average 1200 i can not see them attracting a extra 2k , exeter capacity is 8,500 , so they will be on 4k limit, which is fine for their support levels ,the smaller clubs are getting a better outcome on these rules for now

Apr 8, 2014
Willis88":jb9aced1 said:
I think the thread has shown there are way too many questions and potential pitfalls with what the government are proposing and the club are onto a loser before they've even invited the first fan in.

I agree with the point HC has made (not interested in the Morecambe bit), allowing ST holders in will be a complete loss to the club, turnover from the kiosks will not cover the stewarding costs etc.

Maybe as ST holders we need to decide whether it's in the greater interest of the club for us to be the first back or accept i-follow for a little longer and allow the club to bring in ticket-paying supporters.

Either way the club's priority will be the Pioneer and similar groups first, then there will only be a few spaces left for "regular" ST holders to fill.

Then the debate begins, can they stick with the first-come-first-served (and as someone who renewed bang on 10am on renewal day I'm sure I'm near the top), but allow non-PL postcode supporters travel, or limit it to PL ST holders?

Should they limit it by choice of travel? Ask supporters who will drive their own cars or only those who can walk?

I don't envy the position they'll be in and I can only hope that as supporters of the club we can all be reasonable and accept their approach to the allocations.

Not being funny but those without a season ticket can use iFollow too if it was all about supporting the club financially but they choose not to so in no way would it be fair to give them my seat at the ground.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Not been mentioned yet but with either 2000 or 4000 Argyle fans in Home Park this will surely give the team on the pitch a boost.

Any edge that can continue to support our impressive home record is great in my book.

Yes its tough on teams in their 3 who will continue to play in empty grounds but that’s the role of the dice in regards to the regulations and we should embrace them.

Who ever gets in though, needs to remember they represent at least 6 others from the Green Army and so they need to “sing their hearts out for the lads” .... :greensmile:

COYG

May 16, 2016
Some of the costings for ST prices will include the price per seat overheads to cover stewarding etc. The extra measures for COVID might include only opening the Lyndhurst for example, so hopefully the extra costs might be minimal.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So the club might make a small loss on paper by just having season ticket holders in who’ve already paid. Well that’s the point isn’t it. Season ticket holders have put their money where their mouth is so to speak and backed the club at a time of extreme difficulty. The club are duty bound to reward them now and so they will. If anything, we should be greeted with a free pasty and a pint! Only joking.

Let’s hope that we can have 4K in there, but failing that the chosen 2k need to get behind the team and make as much noise as possible. None of your bleddy rubbish Argyle nonsense the first time they give the ball away.

If it’s 2k, I wonder if the club will do a rota so that a different 2k go in for each match, so that at least all season ticket holders will get a chance. Out of 5k who have purchased, I wonder how many would decline to go anyway. Interesting but exciting times. Football's coming home eh :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club sold 2,000 season tickets in the first day back in July so if you renewed your ticket on the first day you'll be guaranteed to receive the golden ticket for Rochdale or Ipswich even if Plymouth is placed in tier 2.

2,000 ST's

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Are there any season ticket holders on here who in the current situation would not take up the option to attend? Be interested to hear an alternative view. It’s obviously a very personal decision and some might not want to share it, but some might.

May 22, 2006
Current Covid rates per 100,000

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
twist of lime":c1nqpq8b said:
Not been mentioned yet but with either 2000 or 4000 Argyle fans in Home Park this will surely give the team on the pitch a boost.

Any edge that can continue to support our impressive home record is great in my book.

Yes its tough on teams in their 3 who will continue to play in empty grounds but that’s the role of the dice in regards to the regulations and we should embrace them.

Who ever gets in though, needs to remember they represent at least 6 others from the Green Army and so they need to “sing their hearts out for the lads” .... :greensmile:

COYG

Doesn't singing and shouting help spread the virus?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Guiri Green":29xjnbfo said:
Some of the costings for ST prices will include the price per seat overheads to cover stewarding etc. The extra measures for COVID might include only opening the Lyndhurst for example, so hopefully the extra costs might be minimal.
4000 in the Lyndhurst - can that ensure social distancing?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
memory man":21xddtg7 said:
Guiri Green":21xddtg7 said:
The Horseshoe should do it.
I also think all season ticket holders should get a chance to see a game not just first 2000.

May 16, 2016
memory man":1zt58h68 said:
Guiri Green":1zt58h68 said:

No idea, add the Family bit and Spion Corner it might.

Jun 27, 2019
pastiesforlife":3r6g5bia said:
Current Covid rates per 100,000

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

It isn't just infection rates that determine which tier a region goes into; hospital capacity is also taken into account. There's a county council in the south-west that is currently making preparations to enter tier 3 because they are projected to run out of beds next week.