Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Dec 3, 2005
Brilliant news that some us ST holders will at last be able to go inside Home Park.
If it's the first 2000 or 3000 good luck to them, not sure where I come in the queue.
Obviously Argyle will not make any additional money, in fact it may cost them more.
But to have supporters in the ground will hopefully be of benefit to the players
The logistics will be horrendous, I can't see the Grandstand being opened, the corridor underneath is so narrow. Obviously all of the horseshoe could be opened, this should easily take 3000 or even 4000 easily, with spacing. And limit the costs of Stewards and refreshments and the cleaning up after the game. Yes some ST's will decide not to go and that is obviously their personal decision.
Onward and upward, it may not be this season that we see normality return though. :scarf:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":auxfb923 said:
pastiesforlife":auxfb923 said:
Current Covid rates per 100,000

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

It isn't just infection rates that determine which tier a region goes into; hospital capacity is also taken into account. There's a county council in the south-west that is currently making preparations to enter tier 3 because they are projected to run out of beds next week.
Can you tell us which one?

Jul 12, 2004
Having obtained my season ticket very early I may well be one of the golden 2000. Not sure whether it was the first or second day.

However going to a home match is not as simple as a walk up to Central Park. It is a whole day for me if going by train which will mean that I will have to wear a face covering for at least 10 hours on that day. I cannot see myself doing that so, as long as I can still follow on i follow, I will be happy to relinquish any opportunity I am offered.

Given the number of Argyle fans who I regularly see on whatever train I am catching I am sure there will others like me who pass at this stage.

I was recently telling someone that a part of the Argyle experience for me is the journey to the match whether it be by train or, as it used to be, by car. One consequence is that in a quiz my knowledge of English geography is very good!!

Sep 6, 2006
I think Argyle could be quite good at this social distancing lark. Certainly they were able to do it very effectively on the pitch on Saturday.

Feb 23, 2008
Argyle sold those first batch of season tickets on the basis it was first come, first serve.

I wasn't happy about the way they did it at the time and I'm not really now either, but for those suggesting there should be a rota, I'm not sure how that would work if people stumped up straight away on the basis they'd be first in?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Bonzo":26yne32v said:
Having obtained my season ticket very early I may well be one of the golden 2000. Not sure whether it was the first or second day.

However going to a home match is not as simple as a walk up to Central Park. It is a whole day for me if going by train which will mean that I will have to wear a face covering for at least 10 hours on that day. I cannot see myself doing that so, as long as I can still follow on i follow, I will be happy to relinquish any opportunity I am offered.

Given the number of Argyle fans who I regularly see on whatever train I am catching I am sure there will others like me who pass at this stage.

I was recently telling someone that a part of the Argyle experience for me is the journey to the match whether it be by train or, as it used to be, by car. One consequence is that in a quiz my knowledge of English geography is very good!!

I agree. For all sorts of reasons some fans who could go to a match will choose not to (or be unable to) - health, transport and other logistics, cost etc. The club will surely want to have a system for identifying fans in this category so that the space can be passed to someone else but I pity whoever has to design and administer it...

I'm lucky, I renewed my ticket within minutes of the sales opening and I only live just over a mile from the ground which is an easy walk.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I think the only fair way to do it is;

- to rank the angriest / opinionated Pasoti posters and select the top 50
- get Argyle to collate personal data on all season ticket holders (age / health / residence / ifollow purchases etc)
- get each of the top 50 posters to select someone who is allowed to attend and repeat until the capacity of that game is reached
- give the posters a seating plan with available seats and they in turn can place their nominees

Job done and Argyle don't incur the time cost themselves.

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
Devongreenowl":3p8qvr3o said:
Are there any season ticket holders on here who in the current situation would not take up the option to attend? Be interested to hear an alternative view. It’s obviously a very personal decision and some might not want to share it, but some might.

I renewed very early on in preseason, but never with an actual expectation of getting back to HP at all this season unfortunately, as my wife is in the highly vulnerable category and we have to shield until a vaccine becomes available.

On one of the Season Ticket holder surveys that the club have already carried out in preparation for fans being allowed back, they did ask if you were likely or unlikely to be able to attend when this can happen. I would imagine therefore a number of fans, who like me answered a no, would be filtered out of being in the first 2 or 4,000 back into the ground.

Jun 27, 2019
Ponty":ee3gecqm said:
WoodsyGreen":ee3gecqm said:
pastiesforlife":ee3gecqm said:

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

It isn't just infection rates that determine which tier a region goes into; hospital capacity is also taken into account. There's a county council in the south-west that is currently making preparations to enter tier 3 because they are projected to run out of beds next week.

North Somerset.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
pastiesforlife":1b4j61k8 said:

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Criteria also covers R rate and pressure locally on NHS.

Oct 31, 2015
Tony_Flags":3g5pjngc said:
I think the only fair way to do it is;

- to rank the angriest / opinionated Pasoti posters and select the top 50
- get Argyle to collate personal data on all season ticket holders (age / health / residence / ifollow purchases etc)
- get each of the top 50 posters to select someone who is allowed to attend and repeat until the capacity of that game is reached
- give the posters a seating plan with available seats and they in turn can place their nominees

Job done and Argyle don't incur the time cost themselves.
:funny: :funny:

Would only need a few, not 50.

That's sorted then :thumbup:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":22os75r8 said:
Ponty":22os75r8 said:
WoodsyGreen":22os75r8 said:
pastiesforlife":22os75r8 said:

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

North Somerset.

Thank you :thumbup:

So am I right in thinking that any supporters from that area wouldn't be allowed in?

GreenBiker

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 24, 2019
I bought early but fully expected it to be all season ticket holders given the opportunity to go in, so am expecting some rota system. Yes it was first come first served but also greedy to think I will be able to go to all the forthcoming games at the expense of a fellow green who for various reasons couldn't buy on day 1 but have supported the club. I'm sure the club will do their absolute best (despite groans on here)

May 16, 2016
The onus is on the good citizens of Plymouth to keep the COVID rates down and not move up the Tiers if the maximum amount of eligible holders are to get the chance of watching a game.