Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Devongreenowl":1k0nu0aw said:
Found it now. Seems pretty clear:-

How will the club decide which supporters get to attend games in person if capacity is limited?

Priority will be given to supporters on a first-come, first-served basis. Season-tickets are only presently being sold to 19/20 season-ticket holders, and those who purchase first will have priority access to games.

At present, we anticipate that season-ticket renewals may exceed initial capacity at Home Park.

Yes, on the face of things it seems pretty clear but I think there is room to interpret this statement in at least a couple of different ways.

It could be taken to mean that the first-come, first-served priority applies on an individual person-by-person basis such that whoever had the first payment transaction gets priority before the second, third, fourth person etc. (and similar further down the 'queue').

But I think you could also interpret it as being that priority access will be for the people in the group of season-ticket holders who got first-come, first-served purchasing priority ("those who...").

I think the first interpretation is stronger and is probably what was meant but I think it could be argued that the second interpretation is within (at least) the spirit of wording.

It's a good example of how difficult it is to try to build in a process for dealing with a future problem when you don't know exactly what problem you are going to be dealing with. For example, if it was known in advance that it would be either 0 or 2000 or 4000 fans allowed in at some point then the system could have been set up explicitly to deal with this (but then wouldn't necessarily have worked if the system was, say, 0, 1000 or 3000).

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Argyle are in a no win situation here. My solution , although i hate to say it , would be to ask the season ticket holders to forgo their right to admission and continue with ifolow . Then the tickets could be sold and Argyle could make some money instead of losing it .

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Can’t see that happening Graham. Season ticket holders unlikely to swallow that. Similarly, I can’t see how the strict first come first served will work. Maybe they will be first served for the first game, but then subsequently on a per game rota. No way that the same 2000 season ticket holders should see all the games and then others see none. Argyle might find that the 97% figure would reduce somewhat if that were the case.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1dcsqbl9 said:
Can’t see that happening Graham. Season ticket holders unlikely to swallow that. Similarly, I can’t see how the strict first come first served will work. Maybe they will be first served for the first game, but then subsequently on a per game rota. No way that the same 2000 season ticket holders should see all the games and then others see none. Argyle might find that the 97% figure would reduce somewhat if that were the case.

I agree. Please spread it amongst all season ticket holders.

D

Darren Stoneman

Season ticket holders only will only cost the club money not make it, it may be unpalatable but the club have to think about money first

50% season ticket holders random draw winners excluded from the next

50% non st holders £30 per ticket to cover additional costs

Otherwise stay as we are until we can take money for pay on the day fans

Might seem hard on those generous folk who have paid for an ST but times like this call for tough decisions , by the time directors , sponsors etc are in it will be nearer 3500

Jul 29, 2010
chunkymonkey78":gm776ltf said:
Argyle sold those first batch of season tickets on the basis it was first come, first serve.

I wasn't happy about the way they did it at the time and I'm not really now either, but for those suggesting there should be a rota, I'm not sure how that would work if people stumped up straight away on the basis they'd be first in?

I bought my season ticket within the first hour of the day they went on sale and it is my expectation that I will be admitted on a ‘first come first served’ basis once fans are permitted to attend again. This is as per the press release the previous week and if this was not the case I wouldn’t have bothered to rush.

May 16, 2016
Darren Stoneman":y16w6nsx said:
Season ticket holders only will only cost the club money not make it, it may be unpalatable but the club have to think about money first

Might seem hard on those generous folk who have paid for an ST but times like this call for tough decisions , by the time directors , sponsors etc are in it will be nearer 3500

Full Adult ST holders have made the Club an extra £7 profit per ifollow streamed home game. They can use some of that for any additional costs.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Darren Stoneman":32cd751j said:

That would alienate season ticket holders who have in affect been paying £17 a game to watch iFollow, compared to non-season ticket holders who pay £10 and overseas fans who bought the season long iFollow package at £3 per game.
Season ticket holders have played a huge part in keeping the club going over the last few months.

I believe the club will stick with what they advertised at point of purchase back in July.

Jul 6, 2005
There is no scenario whatsoever where ST holders are not prioritised.

At a time when the club were in serious need of income, they were the people who readily paid their money in the full knowledge that there was a possibilty that they would not actually attend matches at HP this season.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not sure why so much debate on this

Thought the club made it clear season ticket holders have first priority. If Plymouth is put in tier 2 this week then the club has to advise the criteria for game 1 (probably Rochdale) so first 2,000 who are prepared to attend. For game 2 (probably Ipswich) the next 2,000 ST holders should get the nod.

Once all STs have attended the process resumes again until capacity can be increased further.

Of course if Plymouth should be put in tier 3 then all this debate is academic. The situation at Derriford hospital may well be the deciding factor.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":14knm3gg said:

Thought the club made it clear season ticket holders have first priority. If Plymouth is put in tier 2 this week then the club has to advise the criteria for game 1 (probably Rochdale) so first 2,000 who are prepared to attend. For game 2 (probably Ipswich) the next 2,000 ST holders should get the nod.

Once all STs have attended the process resumes again until capacity can be increased further.

Of course if Plymouth should be put in tier 3 then all this debate is academic. The situation at Derriford hospital may well be the deciding factor.
Are they moving that one?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":1eji6iic said:
cheshiregreen":1eji6iic said:

Are they moving that one?

No, but, it may be on the cards.

The English Football League (EFL) is looking at the possibility of shifting some of next week's fixtures to take advantage of the plan.

The EFL has a full schedule of matches in the Championship, League One and League Two across 1-2 December.

No decisions have yet been taken but any club in a tier one or two area that requested a move from Tuesday to Wednesday is likely to receive a favourable response if there is no conflict with broadcasting requirements.

Dec 3, 2005
Graham Evans":1zm86m1b said:
Argyle are in a no win situation here. My solution , although i hate to say it , would be to ask the season ticket holders to forgo their right to admission and continue with ifolow . Then the tickets could be sold and Argyle could make some money instead of losing it .

Sounds good on paper - but IMHO ST holders have given enough, in paying upfront to help the Club, whilst non st holders have been able to watch the home games for £10 on iFollow. When the average cost for a ST holder is £17.

Of course Argyle can ask, and they may get some positive responce to that idea, but Argyle made a promise to those purchasing season tickets, that they would be the first ones to be allowed into the ground - on a first come first served basis.

Yes I can see exactly what you mean, about getting supporters in through the turnstiles with 'fresh' money and the sooner that happens the better. But the loyalty of the ST holder's must not be risked by ignoring the promise made to them.