Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2006
Ponty":1b0dfro4 said:
WoodsyGreen":1b0dfro4 said:
Ponty":1b0dfro4 said:
WoodsyGreen":1b0dfro4 said:
pastiesforlife":1b0dfro4 said:
Current Covid rates per 100,000

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

It isn't just infection rates that determine which tier a region goes into; hospital capacity is also taken into account. There's a county council in the south-west that is currently making preparations to enter tier 3 because they are projected to run out of beds next week.
Can you tell us which one?

North Somerset.

Thank you :thumbup:

So am I right in thinking that any supporters from that area wouldn't be allowed in?

Doubt that very much. Would be very surprised if Argyle will be checking address histories of attendees. Where would it end? You would need to check where everybody had been the last 7 days. What if they had been to Hull?!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’m sure the club are already testing scenarios as we speak. Hopefully their IT people will come up with something quite promptly. The good thing is that there are grounds for optimism and there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I am an optimist, as Churchill said.

Total respect to those who have indicated why they may not go even if selected. Totally personal decision and I guess there will perhaps be as many as 10-20% who take that view.

Jul 12, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1c6yqfyi said:
Perhaps Argyle could switch their home games to Truro City's ground to cut back on expenses and reward their thousands of Cornish supporters :wtf:
Sounds good.Count me in!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
If I had the opportunity to attend then I absolutely would.

However, I bought my ST very late and know I'm at the back of that queue. Plus living in Worcester, there's a question mark over self responsibility to travel.

I understand what people are saying regarding ST holders attending = running expense for Argyle, but no further ticket revenue.

However, Argyle as a business primarily is supported through the sale of live sport entertainment. They sold ST's with varying degrees of uncertainty that there may be a point in which they would have to fulfil them through live attendance. I also don't believe for a second that anyone in the running of Argyle would rather ST's not attend on that basis.

Opportunities here for Argyle to make money is through food, drink and merchandise sales. There was talk pre October return of "to seat" service including alcohol (not argyle specifically but some clubs were pushing) which I think has merit as an idea, although the rumour mill suggests no alcohol at grounds.

On top of that there's hospitality. Although yes, Argyle will prioritise ST holders, there are areas of the ground which are not available to ST holders. I'm sure the club will be utilising hospitality as much as possible.

Finally, this is (hopefully) just the start of the return. If its proven to be safe, which I have confidence it will be, then we could see the restrictions eased off gradually through the rest of the season. Unlikely to a full house, but enough to make it worthwhile.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The club have got to stay with their agreement when we bought our ST first come first served, if not I can see the trading standards getting involved.
We have just got to keep our fingers crossed we are in the 4K.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":ffit32v8 said:
Ponty":ffit32v8 said:
WoodsyGreen":ffit32v8 said:
Ponty":ffit32v8 said:
WoodsyGreen":ffit32v8 said:
pastiesforlife":ffit32v8 said:

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

Clearly we will not be in Tier 3 but will be interesting where the boundaries are drawn.

It isn't just infection rates that determine which tier a region goes into; hospital capacity is also taken into account. There's a county council in the south-west that is currently making preparations to enter tier 3 because they are projected to run out of beds next week.

North Somerset.

So am I right in thinking that any supporters from that area wouldn't be allowed in?

Doubt that very much. Would be very surprised if Argyle will be checking address histories of attendees. Where would it end? You would need to check where everybody had been the last 7 days. What if they had been to Hull?!

So if your team is based in a Tier 3 area no fans allowed but you can travel from that area to attend matches in lower Tiers??

Is it just me who doesn't see the logic??

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":1j9jf3n9 said:
There will be a few clubs setting unwanted records for lowest gates over the coming months. I don't know how to search GOS for our lowest league gate but surely we'll set a new low if we're only allowed 2,000 fans in.

I'm going to take a guess that our lowest league gate is around the 3,000 mark when Kevin Hodges was manager, though no doubt there would have been a freak match at some point in history involving snow or something.

For at least 15 years now clubs have recorded their attendances by stating the number of tickets sold rather than the numbers who actually turn up on the day. We have all seen the vast spaces at The Emirates when Arsenal post a capacity attendance figure.

If Argyle have sold 5,000 season tickets this season by what is now normal criteria, attendances could be recorded at 5,000 (or even more accurately) for the games already played so far. If not, then once this is all over will clubs stay with announcing the numbers of attendees or return to ticket sales?

May 8, 2011
Ponty":2pfeg02n said:
WoodsyGreen":2pfeg02n said:
Ponty":2pfeg02n said:
WoodsyGreen":2pfeg02n said:
pastiesforlife":2pfeg02n said:

England 240
Bristol 434
Plymouth 168
Torbay 160
Exeter 157

North Somerset.

The latest indication is that the tier system will be based on regions and not local authority. How that would work in an area like the South West when the region has a overall low rate of infection but has pockets of high rates like Bristol.
It would seem unfair to put the entire South West into a high tier because of one or two high case areas but how would putting the region into a low tier help bring numbers down in hotspot areas?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Lundan Cabbie":3pwqszbj said:
WoodsyGreen":3pwqszbj said:
There will be a few clubs setting unwanted records for lowest gates over the coming months. I don't know how to search GOS for our lowest league gate but surely we'll set a new low if we're only allowed 2,000 fans in.

I'm going to take a guess that our lowest league gate is around the 3,000 mark when Kevin Hodges was manager, though no doubt there would have been a freak match at some point in history involving snow or something.

For at least 15 years now clubs have recorded their attendances by stating the number of tickets sold rather than the numbers who actually turn up on the day. We have all seen the vast spaces at The Emirates when Arsenal post a capacity attendance figure.

If Argyle have sold 5,000 season tickets this season by what is now normal criteria, attendances could be recorded at 5,000 (or even more accurately) for the games already played so far. If not, then once this is all over will clubs stay with announcing the numbers of attendees or return to ticket sales?
Strangely enough I was looking at GOS the other day as I was chatting to an Arsenal fan about our league cup match first leg back in the 83/84 season. 20,983 was the home attendance that tuesday night, only my second visit to Home Park. I loved the whole experience so much I asked my parents if i could start to go to Home matches with my mates on the train. The next Home league game was against Oxford 11 days later in front of a crowd of 2,990!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
dunlop":1l25yhqe said:
The club have got to stay with their agreement when we bought our ST first come first served, if not I can see the trading standards getting involved.
We have just got to keep our fingers crossed we are in the 4K.

What exactly was said on the club website about first come first served?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Found it now. Seems pretty clear:-

How will the club decide which supporters get to attend games in person if capacity is limited?

Priority will be given to supporters on a first-come, first-served basis. Season-tickets are only presently being sold to 19/20 season-ticket holders, and those who purchase first will have priority access to games.

At present, we anticipate that season-ticket renewals may exceed initial capacity at Home Park.

Jul 12, 2016
SwimWithTheTide":2hn8frjn said:
If I had the opportunity to attend then I absolutely would.

However, I bought my ST very late and know I'm at the back of that queue. Plus living in Worcester, there's a question mark over self responsibility to travel.

I understand what people are saying regarding ST holders attending = running expense for Argyle, but no further ticket revenue.

However, Argyle as a business primarily is supported through the sale of live sport entertainment. They sold ST's with varying degrees of uncertainty that there may be a point in which they would have to fulfil them through live attendance. I also don't believe for a second that anyone in the running of Argyle would rather ST's not attend on that basis.

Opportunities here for Argyle to make money is through food, drink and merchandise sales. There was talk pre October return of "to seat" service including alcohol (not argyle specifically but some clubs were pushing) which I think has merit as an idea, although the rumour mill suggests no alcohol at grounds.

On top of that there's hospitality. Although yes, Argyle will prioritise ST holders, there are areas of the ground which are not available to ST holders. I'm sure the club will be utilising hospitality as much as possible.

Finally, this is (hopefully) just the start of the return. If its proven to be safe, which I have confidence it will be, then we could see the restrictions eased off gradually through the rest of the season. Unlikely to a full house, but enough to make it worthwhile.
Not sure what percentage of fans actually buy food and drink at HP but would be surprised if there would be enough customers with only a small crowd.

May 6, 2011
John Cooper":2gtig7cd said:
Anyone know if the NHS is still using parts of the stadium?

yes they are, even on match days, for the swindon game a few weeks ago, they vacated the grandstand at 1530, so that pafc could arrange tables for hospitality

May 16, 2016
Re. Catering, other than hospitality, aren't all the outlets leased out on a Tender basis ? Argyle get the money from renting the space and not matchday sales. I might be wrong as I recall something about it going in house.