Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2005
Cobi Budge":1hg7enzx said:
oldage":1hg7enzx said:
Health is more important than any game of football and I cannot understand why some fans are looking for loopholes and questioning expert opinion. The government are not issuing these rules for the hell of it .I can only assume that those who are complaining have not had any friends or relatives who have been struck down by this dreadful virus.

Multiple scientists and medical professionals have said there is no evidence whatsoever behind keeping fans away from stadiums, as well as the 22:00 curfew. The inconsistencies in the governments response to COVID has shown they are just making up rules for the hell of it.

And many many scientists are behind the 10 PM curfew. And not just in this country - it has been put in place in many places around the world.

To say that this government are making up the rules for the hell of it is grossly unfair to those who are working their arses off to try to stop the spread and to keep those who get it alive. Don't you think that if it was safe they'd want to keep everything open?

Sep 6, 2006
Eddie":1js1wx4j said:
The poster who said that the danger lies in getting to and from the ground is spot on - and I'm not talking about Covid, but road accidents.
I invite people to examine the statistics on this - of which there's plenty. For a normal healthy person, of any age, you'd struggle even to become seriously ill with Covid, let alone die.
The risks that you run driving and all sorts of other things are off the scale compared to Covid.
I'm 77 and I'd be there (HP, that is) tomorrow, if they'd let me.

Usual nonsense from the ignorant/daft. Perhaps you would like to compare fatalities from road accidents with Covid. I mean some kind of evidence....

Sep 6, 2006
quote="Ponty"]Should definitely close the pubs, I think they are the catalyst of the second wave.

I should have been out last weekend, room booked Saturday night for a weekend with the lads.
I cancelled, I live with four of my Grandchildren and there's no way I'd put my family at risk.[/quote]

No evidence for pubs. They have been open since July. When did the 2nd wave start?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":rwop6w2t said:
quote="Ponty"]Should definitely close the pubs, I think they are the catalyst of the second wave.

I should have been out last weekend, room booked Saturday night for a weekend with the lads.
I cancelled, I live with four of my Grandchildren and there's no way I'd put my family at risk.

No evidence for pubs. They have been open since July. When did the 2nd wave start?[/quote]
It's the typical Brit thing. All starts off hunky dory then familiarity breeds contempt. I know this for a fact as I have several friends who run pubs/restaurants.

Why do you think the French government has closed the bars in Paris?

Jul 14, 2008
The latest nonsense from the government is that the o2 arena in London is allowed to host a concert for 4,700 people. It’s absurd that that can be allowed in an indoor venue (a venue where nearly everyone will arrive by public transport) but we can’t have 5,000 season ticket holders in an outdoor venue where a much higher proportion of attendees won’t use public transport. Can anyone possibly defend that? It’s disgraceful and non sensical and is indicative of the government’s appalling handling of this whole crisis.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Herts_Green":184vuyo8 said:
The latest nonsense from the government is that the o2 arena in London is allowed to host a concert for 4,700 people. It’s absurd that that can be allowed in an indoor venue (a venue where nearly everyone will arrive by public transport) but we can’t have 5,000 season ticket holders in an outdoor venue where a much higher proportion of attendees won’t use public transport. Can anyone possibly defend that? It’s disgraceful and non sensical and is indicative of the government’s appalling handling of this whole crisis.
Argyle are better off playing behind closed doors than opening up for 5000.

Jul 14, 2008
Ponty":3u6tum53 said:
Herts_Green":3u6tum53 said:
Argyle are better off playing behind closed doors than opening up for 5000.
1) that wasn’t the point I was making
2) we have to start somewhere. We aren’t going to get 8-10,000 fans in at Home Park straight away without a period of lower attendances first. There is no quick fix to this.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Ponty":3alf8t8e said:
Should definitely close the pubs, I think they are the catalyst of the second wave.

I cancelled, I live with four of my Grandchildren and there's no way I'd put my family at risk.
:iagree: 100%.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Balham_Green":1yf556wh said:

No evidence for pubs. They have been open since July. When did the 2nd wave start?[/quote]

There is no second wave. There is a second wave of panic from people who want to stay inside forever, but no second wave. Hospitals are still empty.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
crownhillpilgrim":1mn678ot said:
Balham_Green":1mn678ot said:

No evidence for pubs. They have been open since July. When did the 2nd wave start?

There is no second wave. There is a second wave of panic from people who want to stay inside forever, but no second wave. Hospitals are still empty.

Devil's advocate here.

You could also argue where is the evidence for open air? The beaches were packed in the summer holidays but the second wave is only happening now.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Eddie":3ecd8mp2 said:
The poster who said that the danger lies in getting to and from the ground is spot on - and I'm not talking about Covid, but road accidents.
I invite people to examine the statistics on this - of which there's plenty. For a normal healthy person, of any age, you'd struggle even to become seriously ill with Covid, let alone die.
The risks that you run driving and all sorts of other things are off the scale compared to Covid.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":1wubjlf9 said:
Cobi Budge":1wubjlf9 said:
oldage":1wubjlf9 said:
Cobi Budge":1wubjlf9 said:
Nobody knows when a vaccine will be readily available, some experts predict years. We cant continue to hugely restrict people's lives, wreck the economy and on a football level lose so many clubs just in the hope that a vaccine will come soon. More lives will be lost because of peoples mental health, because of unemploymemt/poverty and a host of other reasons than possibly will be lost due to COVID. Lockdowns do not cure the virus, lockdowns partially delay the virus. We have to find a way to get on with normal life whilst shielding the vulnerable.
Are you old enough to vote yet?

That's a great rebuttal of the points I made isn't it? And yes I have been for nearly 7 years I'm afraid. Apologies that younger people also have a voice.
Now it makes sense.It's your age group, with scant regard for others ,that is causing the surge in cases.

Usual sanctimonious rubbish from Oldage. Nobody's asking you to go. Stay at home and be miserable if you want. If you have grandchildren, tell them not to go out if they want to visit you. This and other posts of yours on this thread, show what an intolerant, patronising old curmudgeon you are.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Devongreenowl":2phsq1ls said:
Eddie":2phsq1ls said:
Balderdash!
Current estimates are that 25% of the UK population have had Covid. 42.500 have died as a result. That's a mortality rate of around 0.25% of people who were infected. So you're saying if Argyle have a gate of 10000, 25 of those fans will die travelling to or from the game?!
Also, for every Covid death there are many more suffering the long-term and debilitating effects of what's termed "long" Covid.Mortality is weighted towards the elderly and infirm. Long Covid isn't.
By all means take your chances by going to matches but don't try to dress it up as something without risk or consequences.

Jul 14, 2008
warney":1t4p1v9s said:
Devongreenowl":1t4p1v9s said:
Eddie":1t4p1v9s said:
Balderdash!
Current estimates are that 25% of the UK population have had Covid. 42.500 have died as a result. That's a mortality rate of around 0.25% of people who were infected. So you're saying if Argyle have a gate of 10000, 25 of those fans will die travelling to or from the game?!
Also, for every Covid death there are many more suffering the long-term and debilitating effects of what's termed "long" Covid.Mortality is weighted towards the elderly and infirm. Long Covid isn't.
By all means take your chances by going to matches but don't try to dress it up as something without risk or consequences.
So presumably you think that there should be a complete national lockdown again as we had in April? Because saying it’s fine for tens of thousands of people to attend Westfield shopping centre indoors on a Saturday but that a similar number of people can’t attend a football match outdoors is just ridiculous. You can’t play the economy card either because football clubs are an important part of the economy, either through the people they employ directly or the services they use such as pitch maintenance firms and catering companies etc. That’s not to mention the really important work they do in the community.

There has to be a consistent approach. Either lock everything down for an indefinite period (which I’m totally against because where will it end, a vaccine is months if not years away)) or let life proceed in a way that is as Covid secure as possible.