Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ponty":5vqv1yi1 said:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54386126

Here's your nonsense. Don't apologise I won't accept it.

:clap: :clap:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":18ypneu9 said:
Well done. Where does he say what you've been spouting off about? :lol:
Spouting off? Explain yourself.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ponty":24suilcs said:
SwimWithTheTide":24suilcs said:

You said the club are better off BCD than opening up to 5,000.

Lowe makes a flippant comment about govt letting 5k in and that we could easily fit 8k in with 2m distancing.

The club have been vocal in wanting the govt to let fans in (regardless of numbers). You seem to have taken Lowes comment as we need 8k or make a loss. Suggesting that the expense of opening the ground alone requires 8k attendance.

The club want fans in the stadium. Fans want to return to the stadium. It can be done safely with covid-secure protocols. What is there to not support?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":1welnhad said:
Ponty":1welnhad said:
SwimWithTheTide":1welnhad said:

Lowe makes a flippant comment about govt letting 5k in and that we could easily fit 8k in with 2m distancing.

The club have been vocal in wanting the govt to let fans in (regardless of numbers). You seem to have taken Lowes comment as we need 8k or make a loss. Suggesting that the expense of opening the ground alone requires 8k attendance.

The club want fans in the stadium. Fans want to return to the stadium. It can be done safely with covid-secure protocols. What is there to not support?

Playing behind closed doors is operating at minimum expense, no match day staff and stewards etc.
As soon as you open up to 5000 you incur a whole load of expenses.
So, IMO, You either open it fully or leave it closed.
Well done on knowing Ryan Lowes comment on the 5000 was flippant. Not everybody would have got that...

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair enough Ponty, I understand where you're coming from now given Lowes comments.

But those running the club want fans in and opening up fully is not happening anytime soon. The all or nothing approach is damaging to the game and those running the game would rather something > nothing.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
The point I'm trying to make is if we run at 5k all season we could be in trouble whenever this season ends.
I didn't buy a season ticket but i feel for the five thousand that did. Great support because they knew they may not get any football.

I just hope that when this terrible disease is sorted out the Club can make things up to the five thousand.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Still hopeful we will get to see some football at some point this season. I bought my season ticket in the hope that we would and haven’t even bothered with ifollow so far, as it’s been difficult to get it to work. Probably deliberate sabotage for any Argyle fan living in Exeter :funny:

If things don’t work out, then hopefully the club will offer us some sort of discount to renew again next season.

Sep 6, 2006
Ponty":1hnihsdz said:
The point I'm trying to make is if we run at 5k all season we could be in trouble whenever this season ends.
I didn't buy a season ticket but i feel for the five thousand that did. Great support because they knew they may not get any football.

I just hope that when this terrible disease is sorted out the Club can make things up to the five thousand.

So what are the extra costs for accommodating 5000? Do you know?

Sep 6, 2006
Ponty":3ni4z6j5 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3ni4z6j5 said:
Ponty":3ni4z6j5 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3ni4z6j5 said:

Playing behind closed doors is operating at minimum expense, no match day staff and stewards etc.
As soon as you open up to 5000 you incur a whole load of expenses.
So, IMO, You either open it fully or leave it closed.
Well done on knowing Ryan Lowes comment on the 5000 was flippant. Not everybody would have got that...

Who are the match day staff apart from the stewards? Who are pretty cheap.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2wpzagvm said:
Ponty":2wpzagvm said:

No.

Sep 6, 2006
Ponty":2tks3wkg said:
Balham_Green":2tks3wkg said:
Ponty":2tks3wkg said:

No.

Possibly not as much as you think when you add in extra income from catering, programmes etc.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1dv5dorr said:
Ponty":1dv5dorr said:
Balham_Green":1dv5dorr said:
Ponty":1dv5dorr said:

No.

Possibly not as much as you think when you add in extra income from catering, programmes etc.

Hey you could be totally right and im miles away.
Maybe that's why the Club.want to open, at least it'll give the season ticket holders something for their money

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Given how vocal Argyle have been on the subject, they must feel allowing 30% of our capacity in is well worth their while. And the majority of that would be season ticket holders that have already paid for their ticket.

Dec 3, 2005
Like someone already mentioned the main sticking points (imho) are before the game - halftime - and after the game.

The concourse under the refurbished Grandstand was narrowed, during the refurb, during the matches we were able to attend, going down into the concourse at half-time and at the end of the game was very very tight.

Spacing supporters out during the game would not be the problem.

Obviously the idea off holding back blocks, at the end of the game, is a possiblility, but you will upset those who have trains to catch and those who leave the moment the 'added time board' goes up.

It is a tough call, if you get it wrong your in the wrong and if you dont let supporters in you are in the wrong.

Maybe worth just - ifalowed by the Government - say 2,000 into a game and see how it works out and adjust things if needed, then allow 3,000 in the next game and so on.

Just like the when the refurb Granstand opened, the supporters were allowed in on a gradual basis.