Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That narrow grandstand concourse is a very good point, isn’t it?

As it was a bit tight pre-Covid, it might be an issue now...

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
djg145":37xwixhm said:
Like someone already mentioned the main sticking points (imho) are before the game - halftime - and after the game.

The concourse under the refurbished Grandstand was narrowed, during the refurb, during the matches we were able to attend, going down into the concourse at half-time and at the end of the game was very very tight.

Spacing supporters out during the game would not be the problem.

Obviously the idea off holding back blocks, at the end of the game, is a possiblility, but you will upset those who have trains to catch and those who leave the moment the 'added time board' goes up.

It is a tough call, if you get it wrong your in the wrong and if you dont let supporters in you are in the wrong.

Maybe worth just - ifalowed by the Government - say 2,000 into a game and see how it works out and adjust things if needed, then allow 3,000 in the next game and so on.

Just like the when the refurb Granstand opened, the supporters were allowed in on a gradual basis.

You'd still get idiots trying to traverse the entire length of the Lyndhurst from their Block 15 seat as they want to go out at the Devonport End, making distancing/emptying Block 7/8/9 a nightmare, unfortunately.

If we are able to get fans in there'll be strict protocols to follow - if you leave, you HAVE to go out via your nearest exit. No lingering around and blocking exits/peoples' views.

Likewise, I doubt very very much that people will be allowed to stand around in the concourse.

Jun 27, 2019
Biggs":j4ba7cb6 said:
That narrow grandstand concourse is a very good point, isn’t it?

As it was a bit tight pre-Covid, it might be an issue now...

It's so narrow there should be a one-way system up there during normal times, never mind in a pandemic.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
EkFGHMKX0AcdMXC

This was last night in London.

But having football fans in outdoor stadiums isn't allowed?

Utterly baffling.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Cobi Budge":1sliom4l said:
EkFGHMKX0AcdMXC

Utterly baffling.

This is a bit misleading - the Palladium had all kinds of distancing in place, as well as safety measures it'd be impossible to have at football (remote temperature taking, self-cleaning door handles etc). That photo makes it look like a full, packed out theater - which it wasn't.

Plus there was a mandatory 100% mask policy - unfortunately at football you'd get people refusing to wear them as it would be against their civil liberties :roll:

Furthermore - the Palladium only holds 2.2k in normal times, with a myriad of transport options to get to it which you don't necessarily have with football stadiums. It isn't a worthy comparison to put it next to letting 20,000 people into Old Trafford (and packing trams and trains), for example.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
David Friio's mate":17aizowq said:
Cobi Budge":17aizowq said:
EkFGHMKX0AcdMXC

Utterly baffling.

This is a bit misleading - the Palladium had all kinds of distancing in place, as well as safety measures it'd be impossible to have at football (remote temperature taking, self-cleaning door handles etc). That photo makes it look like a full, packed out theater - which it wasn't.

Plus there was a mandatory 100% mask policy - unfortunately at football you'd get people refusing to wear them as it would be against their civil liberties :roll:

Furthermore - the Palladium only holds 2.2k in normal times, with a myriad of transport options to get to it which you don't necessarily have with football stadiums. It isn't a worthy comparison to put it next to letting 20,000 people into Old Trafford (and packing trams and trains), for example.

I understand that however clubs, particularly Argyle, have done an enormous amount of work to make stadiums COVID secure and it seems extremely unfair that the government are ignoring that hard work but rewarding the hard work of theatres etc. Also I don’t think anyone is suggesting crowds of 20, 000 or so. 3-4000 in a socially distanced Home Park for example, with set arrival/leaving times for blocks, would seem reasonable.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
You think it's unfair as you want football stadiums open and don't care about theaters. That's a perfectly valid viewpoint but the two just aren't the same, and as much as I despise the Tory government and everything they stand for, there's a real "class war" element in the reaction to that picture.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
David Friio's mate":204xcavr said:
You think it's unfair as you want football stadiums open and don't care about theaters. That's a perfectly valid viewpoint but the two just aren't the same, and as much as I despise the Tory government and everything they stand for, there's a real "class war" element in the reaction to that picture.

That’s not necessarily true, maybe for others, but I enjoy going to the theatre and it’s good to see them open. I just think there are some real inconsistencies in the industries/sectors which are allowed to operate and those that aren’t, whilst some are allowed to to thrive, sports such as football and rugby are being left to rot.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
David Friio's mate":245oa2w2 said:

No Home Park is open to the air!!

'myriad of transport options' .. what's that then? Crowded into an enclosed underground train??!! :lol:

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Pogleswoody":1k335knx said:
David Friio's mate":1k335knx said:

'myriad of transport options' .. what's that then? Crowded into an enclosed underground train??!! :lol:

The Tube - which, as a London resident, I can tell you is not packed (and there's at least five lines that get you to within easy walking distance of the Palladium). Dozens of different bus routes. Overground trains. Uber, taxis, the Thames clipper service even.

Getting a small amount of people to a venue in Central London is not the same as getting larger amounts to football grounds, and it's silly to suggest otherwise. The options for public transport are far, far vaster.

At Home Park the stewards can't get people to sit down or leave via their nearest exit - good luck getting them to enforce mask wearing and distancing.

Added to that, can you imagine how potentially busy somewhere like the Britannia would be beforehand - with fans who've had a drink or two far less likely to observe distancing etc.

Jun 1, 2007
Plymouth
David Friio's mate":th0rfvrd said:
Pogleswoody":th0rfvrd said:
David Friio's mate":th0rfvrd said:

The Tube - which, as a London resident, I can tell you is not packed (and there's at least five lines that get you to within easy walking distance of the Palladium). Dozens of different bus routes. Overground trains. Uber, taxis, the Thames clipper service even.

Getting a small amount of people to a venue in Central London is not the same as getting larger amounts to football grounds, and it's silly to suggest otherwise. The options for public transport are far, far vaster.

At Home Park the stewards can't get people to sit down or leave via their nearest exit - good luck getting them to enforce mask wearing and distancing.

Added to that, can you imagine how potentially busy somewhere like the Britannia would be beforehand - with fans who've had a drink or two far less likely to observe distancing etc.

Given The Brit and all other pubs are limited to table service only, the opportunity to get sloshed beforehand is reduced somewhat.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
David Friio's mate":s79adhh9 said:
Pogleswoody":s79adhh9 said:
David Friio's mate":s79adhh9 said:

Pretty sure the inside of my car with just me is socially distanced travelling! Not everyone gets a bus or goes to the Brittania.

The government have decided pubs are safe so that shouldn't be a concern.

I agree theatres and stadium should open with restrictions, that's fine, and easily enforceable too, everyone has a designated seat. No mask no entry, take your mask off when you're inside or ignore the rules then banned until restrictions are lifted.

Simples.

Now over to Boris et al to see sense.

Jul 14, 2008
I’m afraid it’s just the typical Tory class war - theatre goers can be trusted to behave but football fans can’t. There’s no reason at all why 5,000 fans can’t be in Home Park, and no reason why they can’t get to the game and leave in a covid secure way too.

Waste of time talking about it really though. The government in their wisdom won’t allow it for several months, that’s very clear.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club have already said there will be a Code of Conduct that fans will have to sign up to, so I reckon if any fan breaks that code they are likely to be banned.

A 'myriad of transport options' at the Palladium? The only difference between the Palladium and Home Park is the tube, we've progressed down here now in lil old Plymouth and have taxis and buses, no to mention several routes away from Home Park which sits in a bleddy great park!