Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Listening to the ‘scientists’ on this mornings brief, one of them stressed how much the virus is expelled when shouting or singing. It made me think (again) we won’t see inside Home Park this year. :eh:

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":22rvxd15 said:
Listening to the ‘scientists’ on this mornings brief, one of them stressed how much the virus is expelled when shouting or singing. It made me think (again) we won’t see inside Home Park this year. :eh:

We need the Mayflower side back. No shouting or singing there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You need to get your ears sorted Clive. The East End of the Mayflower often breaks out in song!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1la5tydz said:
IJN":1la5tydz said:

I am now even more full of admiration for that Palladium show.

Nobody on stage sang out loud?
None of the crowd sang along?
None of the crowd shouted or cheered?

Remarkable control in that London! :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don’t we think we should look at the Yanks as a beacon of what to do during Covid Baz!

Jun 27, 2019
Pogleswoody":1ey2hvpb said:
Balham_Green":1ey2hvpb said:
IJN":1ey2hvpb said:

There was singing on stage from socially distanced performers, but the crucial point is that there was no singing or shouting in the audience (apparently). No-one shouted "Bleddy rubbish Argyle!" at the top of their lungs anyway.

It's the 'crowd participation' element that makes football different to theatres and cinemas. How you'd ban football fans from shouting and cheering is beyond me (especially those who'll have a few drinks beforehand), so I do have some sympathy with the decision makers on this one IF they're listening to the science rather than making it a class thing.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":15ecn9tr said:
Pogleswoody":15ecn9tr said:
Balham_Green":15ecn9tr said:
IJN":15ecn9tr said:

There was singing on stage from socially distanced performers, but the crucial point is that there was no singing or shouting in the audience (apparently). No-one shouted "Bleddy rubbish Argyle!" at the top of their lungs anyway.

It's the 'crowd participation' element that makes football different to theatres and cinemas. How you'd ban football fans from shouting and cheering is beyond me (especially those who'll have a few drinks beforehand), so I do have some sympathy with the decision makers on this one IF they're listening to the science rather than making it a class thing.

I wasn't there, I presume you weren't? I'm just going by the photo on the top of page 7. Doesn't look 'socially distanced' and 'shout free' to me. Certainly feel that Home Park could be safer (or as safe as) that with the right numbers in and measures in place. And I could walk from my car rather than travelling in a sealed underground canister full of strangers.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Pogleswoody":134v8d5b said:
WoodsyGreen":134v8d5b said:
Pogleswoody":134v8d5b said:
Balham_Green":134v8d5b said:
IJN":134v8d5b said:

I wasn't there, I presume you weren't? I'm just going by the photo on the top of page 7. Doesn't look 'socially distanced' and 'shout free' to me. Certainly feel that Home Park could be safer (or as safe as) that with the right numbers in and measures in place. And I could walk from my car rather than travelling in a sealed underground canister full of strangers.
Neither the show on Sunday or the Wenger show last night had silent audiences. This was from the Wenger show last night (literally football chants): https://twitter.com/r_gooner/status/1315744576620179456?s=21. And this is from Sunday: https://twitter.com/syko77/status/1315343448552222722?s=21

Apparently mask wearing wasn’t stewarded at all and many didn’t wear them properly or at all throughout, which with stewards around the grounds I’m sure it would be at Argyle.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":36zz00f7 said:
WoodsyGreen":36zz00f7 said:
Pogleswoody":36zz00f7 said:
Balham_Green":36zz00f7 said:
IJN":36zz00f7 said:

You are fortunate if you can walk from your car but there are many who rely on public transport to get to HP. A number of supporters who live outside the Plymouth area have to rely on trains and coaches and have no choice but to travel with strangers.