Fans Forum | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s like banging your head against a brick wall, so I won’t bother anymore.

If you can’t see that nice facilities are more likely to attract people than rubbish ones, then our basic frames of reference are in different galaxies.

Thankfully Simon Hallett and the board share that radical opinion.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Can see the logic, easy enough.

Whilst engaging so longingly with reality by the way, care to name the venues please where those nightmare scenarios occurred. (So to aid us all to avoid them.)

Jul 18, 2011
oldage":pc8s5363 said:
It was only an analogy and because football is not a cinema a refurbished stand is IMHO not likely to pull in many extra punters

As has been pointed out (more than once) the aim is to have facilities that are used on a regular basis, more than once every other week which is currently the case. If you can’t grasp that then I despair.

Oct 31, 2015
oldage":169aupp4 said:
It was only an analogy and because football is not a cinema a refurbished stand is IMHO not likely to pull in many extra punters

Umm for real?

It's not only about pulling in extra punters. The best thing for that is decent football. At the moment the ground has an income stream for say 25 to 30 days a year. The board are trying to get the ground to have an income stream for a lot more than that.

This makes business sense to all. Doesn't it?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Abbotts Ann Green":247ceawo said:
oldage":247ceawo said:

As has been pointed out (more than once) the aim is to have facilities that are used on a regular basis, more than once every other week which is currently the case. If you can’t grasp that then I despair.

Yeah this is one of the major positives of the refurbishment.

Jul 12, 2016
My comments are quite clearly about the affect the refurbished grandstand will have on match days NOT during the week.Biggs and co see the refurbished grandstand as being a major incentive to attend games even though the football offering is dire.Rsp4 even you admit that decent football will pull in extra punters so what are you arguing about?

Aug 5, 2005
oldage":ra8ws9fh said:
My comments are quite clearly about the affect the refurbished grandstand will have on match days NOT during the week.Biggs and co see the refurbished grandstand as being a major incentive to attend games even though the football offering is dire.Rsp4 even you admit that decent football will pull in extra punters so what are you arguing about?

Extra attendance = extra money = better football (hopefully)

I don't understand why you are objecting to the club trying to get more people through the doors?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also, I don’t think I was making the point that more people will attend when the football is dire.

The point is that even when the football is great, there will be people (especially families) that don’t want to see that football in decrepit, bare surroundings.

Now they will.

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":38ummd8u said:
Real fans,normal people, couldn't give a toss about the environment.
I've stood in the rain on a cold January afternoon watching entertaining football being played and not for one minute thought about not going to Home Park because the surroundings are not nice. Fickle fans and there are plenty of them in Plymouth won't watch Argyle even though you offer them prawn sandwiches.
I think you will be surprised to find that not everyone is stuck in a time warp. People used to have outside loos in their garden, use newspaper to wipe their backsides and have a tin bath in front of the fire once a week. Not many born in the last 40 or 50 years would want or choose to do that now though. It is the same comparing old and modern football stadia and facilities if you want to attract a wider fan base. It is no good living in the past if you wish the club and team to progress or even stand still or we will be left even further behind.

Jul 12, 2016
Utter codswallop. Real football fans will watch GOOD football regardless of the surroundings.Yes I was brought up in the times that jerryatricjanner refers to but far better than the namby pamby society we live in now. I was one of the 38000 jammed into Home Park to see Everton in the cup when football was entertaining and the state of the facilities did not detract one iota from the game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Do you acknowledge that the new Grandstand PLUS conference facilities will benefit the club as far as substantial extra income over, probably, ten times as many days per year is concerned?

You only seem to want to challenge Biggs about attendances which may not change substantially if the football is poor.

Do you ever look on the bright side as far as anything to do with Argyle is concerned?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":2gcqd5mp said:
oldage":2gcqd5mp said:
Real fans,normal people, couldn't give a toss about the environment.
I've stood in the rain on a cold January afternoon watching entertaining football being played and not for one minute thought about not going to Home Park because the surroundings are not nice. Fickle fans and there are plenty of them in Plymouth won't watch Argyle even though you offer them prawn sandwiches.
I think you will be surprised to find that not everyone is stuck in a time warp. People used to have outside loos in their garden, use newspaper to wipe their backsides and have a tin bath in front of the fire once a week. Not many born in the last 40 or 50 years would want or choose to do that now though. It is the same comparing old and modern football stadia and facilities if you want to attract a wider fan base. It is no good living in the past if you wish the club and team to progress or even stand still or we will be left even further behind.

have you been stalking me? :twisted: :twisted:

May 16, 2016
oldage":hmtlc3wb said:
Utter codswallop. Real football fans will watch GOOD football regardless of the surroundings.Yes I was brought up in the times that jerryatricjanner refers to but far better than the namby pamby society we live in now. I was one of the 38000 jammed into Home Park to see Everton in the cup when football was entertaining and the state of the facilities did not detract one iota from the game.

Bang on, I'd much rather pee in a trench and stand in the rain despite my problematic knees, get soaked and drink p8ss poor rubbish if it was proper good football in big crush of a crowd. Proper fans would flock to a retro ground, just call it tradition and you're quids in.

They'll be banning smoking and making those posh herberts that drive to footy in their own cars wear seatbelts next.

Jul 12, 2016
Davie nine,how ironic that I am prepared to support Argyle regardless of the facilites ,unlike you and the rest of your croonies,yet you accuse me of not finding good in anything Argyle do. As for Guiri Green ,typical sarcasm which I will ignore.