Fans Forum | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
jerryatricjanner":2lcor465 said:
You’re an inspiration Dunlop. Christmas is coming, see if you can put a little something at least in your glass and perhaps invite Oldage around to share it.

I'm, glad you can see the bigger picture.

Merry Christmas

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Football is a results business and facilities will not attract people regularly, it may for a one off...

Wembley fantastic modern facilities at modern day prices for food etc, a shopping centre right outside, great regular transport links... Does it sell out every game? No.... You have a core supporters who go to say 90% of games then the rest of whatever the crowd is are school trips, tourists, one timers etc etc

People will not regularly attend HP becuase it has a wall mounter urinal instead of a black line painted on a wall, or the fact that it sells overpriced overcooked pasties by the bucket load. What will attract adhoc visitors is success on the pitch

Sep 6, 2006
I think the biggest difference would be playing in Summer. You are not going to get the uncommitted going on a freezing cold night in the middle of Winter whatever the facilities.People are soft these days.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GG, I get what you’re saying but for me it’s less that the facilities attract potential fans, more that the current ones put them off. And Wembley isn’t the best example because it’s not a home ground, far better is Ian’s anecdote above and also the stats about the huge increase in attendances once clubs build new facilities.

It’s also utterly crucial that you disregard your own feelings as a hardcore Argyle fan and consider how normal people think.

It’s very very simple. What is more likely to appeal to non-hardcore football fans, families, children and casual passers by like students?

1) dilapidated, rotting concrete stand with splintered wooden seats, bare terrace and weeds. Accessed by way of a potholed car park and portakabins.

2) welcoming, modern, all seated facility with quality toilets, eateries and comfy seats. Accessed by a landscaped piazza area with street food and entertainment.

Answers on a postcard, please.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
I don't disagree that the facilities are outdated and will attract the non hardcore but what will keep them coming back is results

Put it this way if we were playing united, City, Liverpool etc everu week people would come to rotting concrete

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Chicken and egg, surely?

It has been suggested by the Board that profits on conference facilities etc. will be made available as increased playing budget. I expect they will find other necessary things to spend it on but I would hope that a sizeable percentage will be committed for better quality players.