FGR friendly to be streamed (match thread 2-1 FT) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FGR friendly to be streamed (match thread 2-1 FT)

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I thought Connor Grant and Danny Mayor played very well, no one played badly or let the team down. Byron Moore looked a bit 'pre-season'but we know what he can do. The age old issue of 'delivery in the final third' was in evidence. Two very well taken goals. Looking forward to the new season more than ever.

Nov 2, 2004
Unlike most I thought Miller looked good, I imagine Lowe will be very keen to sign him up. Wootton looks very comfortable in the centre of a three which looks like the managers starting option. Moore had a mare but we know he will be ok. Camara is Duracell bunny and reminds me of Jimmy Abdou, he must be a nightmare to play against.

All in all I think we will be ok.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Without wishing to be negative, the quality of our crossing was poor for almost all of the match, with both Moore and Miller being guilty of wasting good opportunities to get the ball in to the box.

On the plus side, I thought Wootten, Aimson and Watts looking good at the back, and Cooper not doing anything wrong.

I thought Conor Grant was a weak link in the first half, but he improved in the second half. I am not too sure about Nouble based on today's game. He seemed to pull out of 50:50 challenges and I did not see much sprinting from him.

McLeod looks like the best of the new signings. Camera also looked pretty good when he came on.

I thought FGR looked good in parts and were good going forward and gave our midfield some worries. Their goal, as good as it was, was the result of us standing off him, so hopefully lessoned learned there.

Sep 25, 2010
I thought that Conor Grant , had a good game throughout.

It was only a pre-season friendly, and he did all he should done.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Martyn":8y3963zp said:
I thought that Conor Grant , had a good game throughout.

It was only a pre-season friendly, and he did all he should done.

Really don’t think he was anything else but inferior

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Conor Grant looks a lot better and effective in a CDM role but based on today's showing I can't see him getting ahead of MacLeod who was the pick of the bunch, good on the ball and also shouted a lot which is a plus. For me though man of the match was Wootton, didn't put a foot wrong and looks very comfortable bringing the ball out from the back.

Bring in a left wing back and perhaps Ben Reeves and I think we'll be good to go!

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Said it all of last season and no doubt I’ll say it again this season, but I just don’t see what Conor Grant brings to our midfield. He hasn’t got the energy to get from box to box. He hasn’t got the flair to create. He’s not overly strong in the tackle. He isn’t quick. He’s got a decent left peg, but other players have more noticeable attributes which improve us in that midfield 3.

Could he be an option at LWB? Possibly. Not sure if he’s good enough defensively for that role.

He reminds me a bit of Ryan Donaldson, in that both of them just seem to be a passenger when they play/played in green.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
ealinggreen":9w5xjs71 said:
Unlike most I thought Miller looked good, I imagine Lowe will be very keen to sign him up. Wootton looks very comfortable in the centre of a three which looks like the managers starting option. Moore had a mare but we know he will be ok. Camara is Duracell bunny and reminds me of Jimmy Abdou, he must be a nightmare to play against.

All in all I think we will be ok.

I thought the same watching him cover the ground so quickly, and so hard to get past those telescopic legs of his! Great addition to the team, I think.

Mar 8, 2016
LeonTheGreen":3bbjxixb said:
Said it all of last season and no doubt I’ll say it again this season, but I just don’t see what Conor Grant brings to our midfield. He hasn’t got the energy to get from box to box. He hasn’t got the flair to create. He’s not overly strong in the tackle. He isn’t quick. He’s got a decent left peg, but other players have more noticeable attributes which improve us in that midfield 3.

Could he be an option at LWB? Possibly. Not sure if he’s good enough defensively for that role.

He reminds me a bit of Ryan Donaldson, in that both of them just seem to be a passenger when they play/played in green.

Frustrates the life out of me every time I see him play, he adds no value what’s so ever. I could do what he does, walk about, not breaking into a sweat, not making a single tackle in a match and when I do get the ball, pass it backwards or side ways 2 yards to the nearest player. Often an opposition one. Let’s be honest, he’s crap, and not what we need.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Didn't see the game today. But I thought that CG had a nunber of decent games last season. He has a versatility that is useful but I do agree with sentiments that he's better option at LWB. I've seen him deliver a good cross and he's pretty solid. An important squad player for me.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
He’s a utility player but should be nowhere near that starting XI imo. Let’s hope the ‘one or two’ additions Lowe has referred to in interviewers is another CM (if not Reeves).

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
LeonTheGreen":2wse6d3m said:
Or possibly of Conor Hourihane where he was criticised while he was here but will go onto bigger and better things. There's definitely a player in there.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Conor G is nowhere near the player Conor H was. If he was right-footed and/or had a different name, they wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. The criticism of Conor H when he was here was ridiculous, as he has gone on to show. Conor G just doesn't impose himself on the game at all. Has a decent left foot, but that's it.

Otherwise agree with what most others have said. Cooper assured but could be louder. Watts and Moore off the pace. Miller got in good positions but end product was poor. Aimson, McLeod and Camara pleasing positives. Hardie and Jephcott did what we know they can do.

Stream quality was nowhere near what has been the standard for iFollow in recent seasons. Hopefully will be back up to the usual standard for the start of the season.