Fighting in Demport End today | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fighting in Demport End today

May 1, 2011
Penlee":wxzx5by0 said:
No it is just that the ultra negative hecklers are too loud and annoy pretty much everyone around them.

They are bad when we are doing well so seasons like this just serve to crank up the volume and fuel their agendas.

Given our league position I'm surprised there is as little heckling as there is.

Nov 9, 2008
IJN":11mp5mgz said:
I heard the ridiculous ā€˜Weā€™re falling apartā€™ chant. Perhaps it was that.

Come on Ian find the Humour in in. Picture it the advertising board had literally just come away from the back of the stand. We where struggling on the pitch against a very bad Bradford team, the grandstand looks like itā€™s beeb blown up and there was a fight between fans. Looking around it actually did for that second feel like the club was falling apart. Humour in dark times always comes out of top

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
chunkymonkey78":6hq1d07x said:
This happened 8 or 9 rows behind us, I think the fella involved was the one who starts most of the chants in the demport, from what I could hear he was getting a little frustrated that no one was really singing and someone gave him a shove, cue the handbags.

As with most of the stuff that happens in there it appeared to be alcohol related.

I thought most of the cheering when Edwards went off came from the Lyndhurst?
No it wasn't us in the Lyndhurst, it was the other ten players

Apr 5, 2008
SparkyPAFC":24212y20 said:
There's a lad right behind us in Block 3 who is ultra negative, doesn't have a good word to say even when we're winning/playing well and it grates on those who do support the Club through thick and thinner.
Yesterday was a case of the straw breaking the camels back. My mate approached said person in an aggressive manner but didn't lay a finger on him. He was then shoved down 3 rows. As you can imagine he wasn't best pleased to having been assaulted so confronted the lad again. Lots of shouted ensued before they were separated and my mate moved several rows away to calm the situation and focus fans and their phones onto the pitch (it was amazing to see how many wanted to film the action, lots of budding cameramen for Sky to recruit...)
He apologised to those sat around the incidect after the final whistle.

Sounds like your mate should be thrown out if heā€™s going around threatening other fans in an AGRESSIVE manner as you put it.Not acceptable in any way.How many other fans is he threatening in an agressive manner because they are negative,perhaps they are fed up seeing the team unable to defend match after match.

Sounds like you support his actions,so your no better yourself :problem:

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":3dov9ry3 said:
Of course they are!
The fans (too loud. not loud enough) the referees, the budget, the redevelopment, the moss, the alignment of the stars, the beating of the wings of a butterfly in the Amazon.
Only one element not to blame. Lord V Neck. He Who Took Us To Wembley

At the end of the day you are a fan that got so fed up with Adams winning that you stopped going to Argyle and logged out of Pasoti for five months. I respect your opinion about as much as my neighbour's African grey parrot, only his soundbites are less predictable.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TPG Extreme":o99h4q9o said:
IJN":o99h4q9o said:

Come on Ian find the Humour in in. Picture it the advertising board had literally just come away from the back of the stand. We where struggling on the pitch against a very bad Bradford team, the grandstand looks like itā€™s beeb blown up and there was a fight between fans. Looking around it actually did for that second feel like the club was falling apart. Humour in dark times always comes out of top

As I thought I explained, I didn't realise why it was being sung. Now I do, I get it and it was funny. Being in Block 12, we didn't see anything just heard the chant. :greensmile:

Oct 16, 2016
IJN":14rnvver said:
TPG Extreme":14rnvver said:
IJN":14rnvver said:

As I thought I explained, I didn't realise why it was being sung. Now I do, I get it and it was funny. Being in Block 12, we didn't see anything just heard the chant. :greensmile:

I agree, ā€˜falling apartā€™ utisied as ā€˜past tenseā€™ is slightly disingenuous

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":3dbf2bfz said:
up_the_line":3dbf2bfz said:
Of course they are!
The fans (too loud. not loud enough) the referees, the budget, the redevelopment, the moss, the alignment of the stars, the beating of the wings of a butterfly in the Amazon.
Only one element not to blame. Lord V Neck. He Who Took Us To Wembley

At the end of the day you are a fan that got so fed up with Adams winning that you stopped going to Argyle and logged out of Pasoti for five months. I respect your opinion about as much as my neighbour's African grey parrot, only his soundbites are less predictable.

Oh gosh, you not respecting my opinion has really ruined my weekend. I watched a cracking game of football on Saturday (not Argyle) and I've had a great couple of days but you know I value YOUR opinion of me so so so very much that I'm truly broken. Boo hoo hoo, Knibbswirth doesn't like me, how can I possibly go on?

By the way is the parrot available to manage a struggling third division team?

Jan 27, 2012
SparkyPAFC":90y4dvni said:
It's about passion Gaspar, I don't get passionate about shopping but I do about Argyle!

It never fails to amaze me when people try to justify agressive behaviour towards others on the basis of " being passionate".

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
foreigner":13psuohc said:
got a bit feisty in Block 14 at times too.
That was down to the gobby bearded guy in the mac. Either a bad case of Touretteā€™s or an early Xmas present of a book on Anglo Saxon swear words!!

Jul 3, 2013
To be fair, Iā€™ve seen bigger corner flags than 99% of the folk who occupy the Devonpot End, most would struggle to throw a cricket ball, let alone a punch!

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
meetoo":11fiv9p0 said:
foreigner":11fiv9p0 said:
got a bit feisty in Block 14 at times too.
That was down to the gobby bearded guy in the mac. Either a bad case of Touretteā€™s or an early Xmas present of a book on Anglo Saxon swear words!!
The initial altercation happened right in front/by my side.
I really thought the old bloke in front was going to punch my mate.
Tensions are running high.
They both shook hands and apologised to each other at the end of the match.
Let's see what happens against Accrington.

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
If your mate was the one in the mac who had a beard could you please let him know my 82 year old mother doesnā€™t like the Cundle word. There are other words to use. Weā€™re all passionate about our team and I used a few choice words on Saturday but the continual stream of f@ck and Cundle wears a bit thin after awhile!

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Flip and Matt Munroe weā€™re not the words I entered :)

May 28, 2015
Stiffler":mizs8ybb said:
To be fair, Iā€™ve seen bigger corner flags than 99% of the folk who occupy the Devonpot End, most would struggle to throw a cricket ball, let alone a punch!

Unlike you then, you're like Mike Tyson with your punches because you're so hard