Final | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final

Jul 25, 2011
GreenThing":i92xz0gu said:
with-menace":i92xz0gu said:
not content with being the only thing to ruin this World Cup VAR just had to wreck the final. Great going. And. Before anyone tries to defend it the ref never would’ve given it had VAR not been there. Potentially just ****ed up the biggest game on earth.

VAR hasn’t f**ked anything up. VAR is a tool for the referee to use, if the referee get’s it wrong after having a second chance to have a good look at the incident, that is the ref’s fault, not the technology. If the ref blows the whistle for an incorrect decision, do you blame the whistle?
Er if you’d bother reading what I’d written you’d see that if VAR didn’t exist in this World Cup then it wouldn’t give idiotic refs the opportunity to balls things up. VAR is dog**** it’s totally ruined what has otherwise been an excellent World Cup.

Jul 29, 2010
The Doctor":2jsv8o55 said:
Outrageous penalty decision
Outrageous dive from Griesman for the free kick for the first one too.

If VAR (which I support the principle of) can say the ref made a "clear and obvious" mistake not spotting what was a dubious handball (it has to be clearly deliberate, and it wasn't) then it should also be able to review the circumstances of the first goal too.

Come on Hravatska, don't let the cheating French steal this.

Jul 25, 2011
with-menace":3fcyiwrf said:
GreenThing":3fcyiwrf said:
with-menace":3fcyiwrf said:
not content with being the only thing to ruin this World Cup VAR just had to wreck the final. Great going. And. Before anyone tries to defend it the ref never would’ve given it had VAR not been there. Potentially just ****ed up the biggest game on earth.

VAR hasn’t f**ked anything up. VAR is a tool for the referee to use, if the referee get’s it wrong after having a second chance to have a good look at the incident, that is the ref’s fault, not the technology. If the ref blows the whistle for an incorrect decision, do you blame the whistle?
Er if you’d bother reading what I’d written you’d see that if VAR didn’t exist in this World Cup then it wouldn’t give idiotic refs the opportunity to balls things up. VAR is dog**** it’s totally ruined what has otherwise been an excellent World Cup.
wasn’t the precise reason for VAR to stop rubbish refs making rubbish descisions ? Well it hasn’t, it’s been a massive failure.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Some things do look deliberate in slow motion and that has been a recurring problem. As soon as I saw the ref's view here I knew he'd give a pen. It's an obvious flaw in the system.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
with-menace":2ymi0vpr said:
GreenThing":2ymi0vpr said:
with-menace":2ymi0vpr said:

VAR allows ref’s to have a proper look at something that they might have missed. If the ref still gets it wrong, that is the ref’s fault, not VAR.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Some people are on the pitch. They think it's all over.

Jul 25, 2011
GreenThing":g23dh27c said:
with-menace":g23dh27c said:
GreenThing":g23dh27c said:
with-menace":g23dh27c said:

VAR allows ref’s to have a proper look at something that they might have missed. If the ref still gets it wrong, that is the ref’s fault, not VAR.
VAR has been the cause of overturning correct descisions that previously would not have been. It is 100% because of the existence of VAR. It had failed completely in correcting wrong descisions regardless if it’s human error, all it does is refer it to a team who interprets it without any consistency if indeed they decide to refer it at all or it refers bizarre random events with no consistency . It hasn’t worked it’s been a massive failure, I don’t care who’s ‘fault’ it is the simple fact is it’s nonsense.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Another tremendous tackle by Vida; what a tremendous WC he’s having! To a man Croatia are far better & more entertaining! The better team is, unfortunately, not ( yet) winning this.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Ray_Stidwell":331069vd said:
Another tremendous tackle by Vida; what a tremendous WC he’s having! To a man Croatia are far better & more entertaining! The better team is, unfortunately, not ( yet) winning this.

Would you like to swap?

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
HaHa! :D Doc. I do feel sickened for Croatia. I’m enjoying tremendously the entertainment value of this fabulous World Cup Final, which ( despite the now even crazier shoreline) is mainly thanks to Croatia

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
with-menace":24q4nhs4 said:
GreenThing":24q4nhs4 said:
GreenThing":24q4nhs4 said:

VAR has been the cause of overturning correct descisions that previously would not have been. It is 100% because of the existence of VAR. It had failed completely in correcting wrong descisions regardless if it’s human error, all it does is refer it to a team who interprets it without any consistency if indeed they decide to refer it at all or it refers bizarre random events with no consistency . It hasn’t worked it’s been a massive failure, I don’t care who’s ‘fault’ it is the simple fact is it’s nonsense.

VAR has also corrected incorrect decisions. I have a feeling that the majority of VAR decisions have overturned incorrect decisions or confirmed a correct decision. If that’s the cast then it can be considered a success.