First image of the new kit | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First image of the new kit

Your first impression of the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So the club are a bit playful, releasing somewhat photoshopped pictures with low light and people start moaning the shirt is too dark. Shall we just wait and see what it’s like before we start going over the top? As for having Dudneys instead of Ginsters as the shirt sponsor. Leave off. Ginsters - nationally recognised name of (admittedly) mass produced pasties. Dudneys - local business of 'Cornish' pasties that don’t even look like the real thing, let alone taste like them.

I would say Argyle are more than happy having a sponsor whose name is recognised across the country, rather than being parochial. Besides, Dudneys couldn’t afford it :whistle:

Feb 28, 2016
WoodsyGreen":1smdp707 said:
I like the 'modern' Argyle green. It sets us apart from other green clubs such as Celtic, Yeovil, Sporting etc. I can't think of any other club off hand who play in racing green like we do.

That said, I wish they would do more with the home shirts. This season's is dull as anything, and so will next season's if it isn't broken up with some kind of white or black flourish. I suspect we'll just get white cuffs and that'll be that.

Our best home kits down the years have prominently featured white, black or both.

Hibs seem to vary their shade between light and dark.

I always find odd that in my experience, those who are staunchest in their support of the Mayflower crest, which only dates back to the 1960s, who think it would be sacrilege to even think about changing it for the city crest and who do so arguing from a point of tradition and “if it ain’t broke” approach, are the very same people who are staunchest in supporting keeping the alien and foreign shade of green we only adopted for no real good reason in the new millennium, for the same reasons of tradition and “if it ain’t broke” outlook.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The latest green is, in my opinion, nearer the green of the early years of the last century (which I would call the traditional colour) than the much lighter greens favoured in more recent times.

We seem to have gone away from using black as much as we used to. There was a reason the Herald football supplement was the Green and Black

Jul 3, 2006
Too dark. I like the black shorts/white socks combo but the shirt is barely even green.

In addition to looking much better and actually being green, the shade of green in the 80s kits sponsored by Beacon and Sunday Independent is more visually striking and would make Argyle a much more visible presence around Devon and Cornwall when worn out and about.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Far far too dark. It’s silly dark.

We’ll have to change to the away strip if we play teams in blue.

Saying that it look like a classy kit.

I personally wait for the 3rd strip to come out.,

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So I’ve just saved the photo on my iPad and then edited it to the sort of brightness that it would originally have been shot at and it’s a great colour. Not much different to the Pasoti dark green.
Don’t like the trim on the socks though.
:scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":1p4e0ywr said:
Too dark. I like the black shorts/white socks combo but the shirt is barely even green.

In addition to looking much better and actually being green, the shade of green in the 80s kits sponsored by Beacon and Sunday Independent is more visually striking and would make Argyle a much more visible presence around Devon and Cornwall when worn out and about.

Maybe Ginsters want a more subtle green. Some of our more ahem, portly supporters aren’t the best advert for Ginsters. Football fans in their replica shirts are a bit of a standing joke amongst non-football types :whistle:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Maybe the poor lighting is making it look darker than it is?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have always contended that the latest green on Argyle's home shirt is too dark and I have been saying this for 20 years. At the end of the day, the colour of the shirt is most important to a fellow playing team member in a game. In dribbling action, with concentration on the ball, the team mates' shirt colours must be picked up in peripheral vision, in order to slip a past sideways. It begs the question as to really how recognisable the proposed colour is picked up. It would not have been acceptable to Tony Waiters, that is for sure.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Quintrell_Green":89ks9ljw said:
I have always contended that the latest green on Argyle's home shirt is too dark and I have been saying this for 20 years. At the end of the day, the colour of the shirt is most important to a fellow playing team member in a game. In dribbling action, with concentration on the ball, the team mates' shirt colours must be picked up in peripheral vision, in order to slip a past sideways. It begs the question as to really how recognisable the proposed colour is picked up. It would not have been acceptable to Tony Waiters, that is for sure.
In largely our most successful period for promotions and playing league ? Cant be all bad can it

My issue is nit with the colour it's with the blandness of them all lately since the promotion shirt and the banded shirt nothing has really looked very good and we have had some ropey ones my opinion though is because there are too many changes! From collecting shirts I'm getting the stage where I wont but this seasons unless it's a real cracker and from the images shown it looks like another plain bland shirt with dark colours and bizarre sock choice

The training shirts in my opinion are better without ginsters stuck all over that falls off and timeless to a point

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I like the training tops too. Also, surely if the players find it hard to pick each other out in certain shades of green, they would be the first to mention it. Remember Alex Ferguson changing Uniteds shirts at half time at Southampton once for that reason. I think they were grey.

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
Don't like the collar but happy with the colours. Especially the black shorts. Our colours are green, black and white.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
For those struggling to determine how dark the new kit is should look at the colour of the new grandstand cladding. That is the RAL colour of 6007 - bottle green, which is the same RAL colour of the new kit.

May 28, 2019
Graham Clark":1gcr2cyb said:
For those struggling to determine how dark the new kit is should look at the colour of the new grandstand cladding. That is the RAL colour of 6007 - bottle green, which is the same RAL colour of the new kit.
in other words a army PE kit in army barracks, it looks plain boring and dull ,like i said ,pe kit, school or army, ...who picks these kits, who ever it is they got no imagination