First image of the new kit | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First image of the new kit

Your first impression of the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One more for preferring the training tops.

I'm liking the simple designs of these home shirts, but I can't see any reason at all why it can't be different shades one year to the next and satisfy everyone. St Etienne do it, Werder Bremen do it, and so can we.

I find it very weird that people are so keen and insecure about our current not-so-green-ness that they feel the need to rigidly stick to one shade in fear that Yeovil Town or somebody will somehow steal our 'brand'.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Do Argyle ever offer the option of buying the shirt without the main sponsor logo across the chest?Some clubs do at a slightly higher cost, as a limited offer in pre-season. Much prefer a shirt with just the club crest and manufacturers logo, that’s why in Argyles case I prefer the training top.

Dec 30, 2011
ghost of hughie reed":6cbbhquu said:
So under the floodlights we will be playing in what appears to be black.

that was exactly my first thought - far too dark, so non-Argyle fans wont even think its green

a bit of black and white trim would make the shirt more interesting, but we seem to be allowing the short manufacturers to dictate the options

overall, not impressed

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The stubbornness in sticking to breen (black/green) does grate my gears but it should be remembered that all polls ever show about a 50/50 split between 'branded green' (Peter Jones is colour blind by the way) and proper Argyle green.

I know we're right, but you can't argue with the maths.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":zj5gr0pb said:
The stubbornness in sticking to breen (black/green) does grate my gears but it should be remembered that all polls ever show about a 50/50 split between 'branded green' (Peter Jones is colour blind by the way) and proper Argyle green.

I know we're right, but you can't argue with the maths.

So have both.

There is literally no reason why we can't have bright/proper Argyle green shirts one year, and darker/branded green the next. It's a totally self-imposed restriction :thumbup:

Are people seriously saying they'd get confused or it would clash with the colours on the grandstand?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
On a cold February night Biggsy, the difference between Argyle's strip and a dark blue one is negligible.

Over the years in my opinion, it has cost us points.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Plain home shirts two seasons in succession. It's almost as though Puma have put no thought into it.
A lot hinges on the away and third shirts.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":259fz993 said:
On a cold February night Biggsy, the difference between Argyle's strip and a dark blue one is negligible.

Can’t agree with that. Most away sides play in their away strip anyway, certainly if they knew their main kit MIGHT clash. Can’t believe all this hoo ha when they’ve only released deliberately darkened shots. Why not wait until we actually see the shirts.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":tmuea2mg said:
IJN":tmuea2mg said:

Can’t agree with that. Most away sides play in their away strip anyway, certainly if they knew their main kit MIGHT clash. Can’t believe all this hoo ha when they’ve only released deliberately darkened shots. Why not wait until we actually see the shirts.

Ps IF you happened to be right on the points issue, could you let us all know how many points we’ve gained over the years when the other side passed to our players by mistake, as they surely must IF the two strips clashed. Has it balanced out over the years. :funny:

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I m glad the shorts are black and socks white.. just wish the green was a bit lighter. Hoping argyle stick to the one design with just a change in trim etc. Think the only thing we haven't played in is hoops! Mess about with the away kit and leave the home kit to green shirts black shorts white socks

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Our record under lights has been abysmal.

There’s not getting away from it, we play in dark green and what colour is our pitch at night in winter?

It’s a ridiculous colour to play in.

As it happens I think it’s a lot smarter than proper Argyle green as a kit, but why would any team play in camouflage is beyond me.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":2zxu7jvc said:
IJN":2zxu7jvc said:

Because we need this discussion every year. With all the football world falling apart we need some stability. Arguing the kit is the wrong green is an essential part of the calendar; essentially focussing on "it wasn't the green that Bertie Wilfson wore in 1953 when I were a lad" and "you can't see us under floodlights"

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Does anyone know when the actual reveal is due to take place? I’m just hoping that the away kit will salvage this year’s apparent p*$$poor offerings from Poo-ma. :roll:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yeah, that away strip is terrible. You can hardly see the players on a sunny day as they blend in with the grass on the lush green pitches. :whistle:

Perhaps some of us should have gone to Specsavers. (There are other well known suppliers of eyewear). :scarf: