First image of the new kit | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First image of the new kit

Your first impression of the new home shirt?

• I like it

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters
May 28, 2019
as i said earlier in thread , now i have seen full kit , not changed my mind , plain dull boring kit, many other teams will wear the same but with different colours obviously , it is just so school PE kit...with a few badges stuck on, horrible green colour ,this actual kit range is on sale on puma for 14.99, i will be saving my 40 quid unless they come up with a decent away kit,it is about time they had 4 or 5 choices and let us the fans vote!! and get some samples from better kit makers !

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’m usually fairly critical of our kits, however, whilst it may be a bit boring, i actually really like it!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":2qxwmsrr said:
as i said earlier in thread , now i have seen full kit , not changed my mind , plain dull boring kit, many other teams will wear the same but with different colours obviously , it is just so school PE kit...with a few badges stuck on, horrible green colour ,this actual kit range is on sale on puma for 14.99, i will be saving my 40 quid unless they come up with a decent away kit,it is about time they had 4 or 5 choices and let us the fans vote!! and get some samples from better kit makers !

I’m sure Nike and Adidas are all sat in marketing meetings working out how to get Plymouth Argyle on board!! Puma is the biggest brand we’ll realistically work with. Can’t imagine any other brands of similar or slightly lesser size will be queuing up or paying up!

Jun 27, 2019
greybeard-kernow":176hket4 said:

Greybeard - you hate it, I love it, and there will be a thousand opinions in between. Ultimately it doesn't really matter what either of us think because I'd imagine shirt sales hold pretty steady year-on-year regardless of the design. Division probably influences sales more than taste.

As for fan voting, hardly any clubs do that in the EFL.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
greybeard-kernow":1d4vs6e1 said:
Agree 100%. Absolutely bleddy AWFUL kit - bland, dreary rubbish. That turgid shade of green never has and never will work well with black. :furious:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":12i9yebs said:
greybeard-kernow":12i9yebs said:

Greybeard - you hate it, I love it, and there will be a thousand opinions in between. Ultimately it doesn't really matter what either of us think because I'd imagine shirt sales hold pretty steady year-on-year regardless of the design. Division probably influences sales more than taste.

We used to in the match day programme and we still seemed to pick a terrible kit every year!

Jun 27, 2019
Nobby":1ye4s7w6 said:
WoodsyGreen":1ye4s7w6 said:
greybeard-kernow":1ye4s7w6 said:

We used to in the match day programme and we still seemed to pick a terrible kit every year!

Not saying it hasn't been done, Nobby, just that it isn't any more.

If us fans were offered a vote, all Puma would do is throw in a few templates, green them up and you'd have people who would hate each one.

You can't please everyone.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Like the kit, as I did the crowdfunder thing I've got a home and away kit coming in due course. So now I'm curious what the away one will look like.

As others have observed its a matter to personal taste to some degree, although there are clearly some kits that go down in history as being iconic or awful.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":23s1fk22 said:
Nobby":23s1fk22 said:
WoodsyGreen":23s1fk22 said:
greybeard-kernow":23s1fk22 said:

Not saying it hasn't been done, Nobby, just that it isn't any more.

If us fans were offered a vote, all Puma would do is throw in a few templates, green them up and you'd have people who would hate each one.

You can't please everyone.

Oh I know! I was more responding to the previous comment. Even if we had a fan vote we’d still end up with a bad kit... like we used to!

Jun 27, 2019
Dorset Pilgrim":2pvwdhzz said:
Like the kit, as I did the crowdfunder thing I've got a home and away kit coming in due course. So now I'm curious what the away one will look like.

As others have observed its a matter to personal taste to some degree, although there are clearly some kits that go down in history as being iconic or awful.

Some tick both boxes (yeah, I'm looking at you Rotolok 95-96).

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
greybeard-kernow":zz0e6l7j said:

I do like the shirt. Maybe Grandad vests are due back in vogue! Agree re the fans choice. This has been done before (not at Argyle as far as I know). It’s a good way of keeping the fans involved, but as you can see on this thread, you can’t always get a clear consensus!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Judging by the video and photo it's plain and dark, at least last season's plain shirt had a touch of white.
As ever, to be properly judged in the flesh.

When will the team first wear it?

Jul 12, 2016
greybeard-kernow":29n8el09 said:
I agree.Horrible green!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If you were going to buy the shirt (because you're fortunate enough to be able to afford it), but won't because you don't like it, maybe buy something else from the club instead this year, just once like, you know.....