Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i don't think he panicked with his substitutions,it was blatantly obvious to my eyes that the two players who got subbed in the first half were not doing well,he subbed them to try and retrieve what turned out to be a lost cause.i think we will get a positive result at peterborough. :D

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
For a switch of focus on yesterday, can I say how impressed I was yesterday in Jordan Rossiter's performance for Fleetwood. I can recall the months now long past, when he was touted on here as a prospective signature by Argyle in view of his Liverpool association, and the fact he was playing for Rangers under the managership of Stevie Gerrard, who was/is supposed to be matey with our RL. It is appreciated that Fleetwood is just up the NW coast from Liverpool for him,, but nevertheless I feel he would have been very good for Argyle. It is a pity we missed out on him.

B

Bonehead

I knew that the pasoti doom merchants wouldn’t let me down . Comical. Sad . Crack on with your Horlicks and Rich Tea biscuits, last of the summer wine is on soon , so don’t fret.

Ffs support the team.

Keep on tugging away tugboat.

WE ARE TH......

Mar 14, 2009
Ok first thing. Adams. He had four years in charge. He had enough time.

Lowe is in his second season with us. His first season lasted only 3 quarters of a season.

It’s ridiculous to compare both situations.

Secondly, it’s ok to criticise the manager if it’s constructive. The trouble with is much of the stuff said is reactionary to losing. It’s just emotionally based.

The performance wasn’t anywhere good enough. Lowe has a big question mark over is tactical ability as a manager. Time after time managers get to the second half of games and restructure their team by changing formation where as Argyle often plow on regardless.

The problem l have is that you can play good football but the basic mistakes we make are guilt edged and it allows teams the chance to win games if they are prepared to allow Argyle back 3 to have the ball, press the midfield and pounce on the mistake with gaps available for the breakdown of play from bad passes. Yesterday is a result lm afraid that has been coming because we seen it in other matches but got away with it. Fleetwood executed the perfect plan against Lowe’s system. We had the ball but in meaningless positions.

The thing l found impressive yesterday was the way Fleetwood pressed us. Why didn’t we get in their faces like they did us??

Having said all this lm fully behind Lowe. People for the last month or two have been getting carried away. Talking about playoff possibilities. We aren’t good enough for the top 6 especially away from home. We are a soft touch. Yet l find it strange after the reaction after the Portsmouth game and now this one as we have had a really good start to the season. It’s all about survival in league one this year. The expectations are ridiculously high to expect anything more and yet l think from what lm reading people are thinking we are capable of a promotion push. The gulf between us and the top sides is bigger than l feel others believe. They are better organised than us and execute punishment for our mistakes. Hull, Lincoln and now Fleetwood were all better sides than us. It’s something we just have to accept but hopefully over time, as with last season, Argyle will improve further and Lowe will learn from these experiences.

Really this brings me back to my very first point regarding Adams. He didn’t learn. Everyone goes on about our great season in league one under him the year before he was sacked. However, countless times l remember watching the games and couldn’t believe how badly we defended even though we often play we 10 men behind the ball whilst leaving someone like Taylor isolated. Something we saw in league two under him. The following season, his fourth season, he didn’t fix it it. He allowed the team to defend once more in the same manner and finally without Bradley it exposed just how bad of a defensive unit we were. If Lowe keeps repeating the mistakes of yesterday over the next couple of years he will go the same way as Adams. However, Lowe needs time. He hasn’t had anything like the same time in charge as Adams did. I think these situations always come along for managers. I’m personally excited now to see how he adapts and to see if he is the real deal or all bravado.

As it stands though we are in a good position in league one. Playing with more attacking intent under Lowe than we ever did we Adams. We are scoring goals. Yesterday was just a reality check to where we actually are and how much work Lowe has to do still.

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":z8dni8qd said:
I knew that the pasoti doom merchants wouldn’t let me down . Comical. Sad . Crack on with your Horlicks and Rich Tea biscuits, last of the summer wine is on soon , so don’t fret.

Ffs support the team.

WE ARE TH......

What IS sad is clowns like you who come on with nothing constructive to say only inane remarks. Somebody so deluded that they think making critical points on a fans forum is not supporting the team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1zx0ztr6 said:
Ok first thing. Adams. He had four years in charge. He had enough time.

Lowe is in his second season with us. His first season lasted only 3 quarters of a season.

It’s ridiculous to compare both situations.

Secondly, it’s ok to criticise the manager if it’s constructive. The trouble with is much of the stuff said is reactionary to losing. It’s just emotionally based.

The performance wasn’t anywhere good enough. Lowe has a big question mark over is tactical ability as a manager. Time after time managers get to the second half of games and restructure their team by changing formation where as Argyle often plow on regardless.

The problem l have is that you can play good football but the basic mistakes we make are guilt edged and it allows teams the chance to win games if they are prepared to allow Argyle back 3 to have the ball, press the midfield and pounce on the mistake with gaps available for the breakdown of play from bad passes. Yesterday is a result lm afraid that has been coming because we seen it in other matches but got away with it. Fleetwood executed the perfect plan against Lowe’s system. We had the ball but in meaningless positions.

The thing l found impressive yesterday was the way Fleetwood pressed us. Why didn’t we get in their faces like they did us??

Having said all this lm fully behind Lowe. People for the last month or two have been getting carried away. Talking about playoff possibilities. We aren’t good enough for the top 6 especially away from home. We are a soft touch. Yet l find it strange after the reaction after the Portsmouth game and now this one as we have had a really good start to the season. It’s all about survival in league one this year. The expectations are ridiculously high to expect anything more and yet l think from what lm reading people are thinking we are capable of a promotion push. The gulf between us and the top sides is bigger than l feel others believe. They are better organised than us and execute punishment for our mistakes. Hull, Lincoln and now Fleetwood were all better sides than us. It’s something we just have to accept but hopefully over time, as with last season, Argyle will improve further and Lowe will learn from these experiences.

Really this brings me back to my very first point regarding Adams. He didn’t learn. Everyone goes on about our great season in league one under him the year before he was sacked. However, countless times l remember watching the games and couldn’t believe how badly we defended even though we often play we 10 men behind the ball whilst leaving someone like Taylor isolated. Something we saw in league two under him. The following season, his fourth season, he didn’t fix it it. He allowed the team to defend once more in the same manner and finally without Bradley it exposed just how bad of a defensive unit we were. If Lowe keeps repeating the mistakes of yesterday over the next couple of years he will go the same way as Adams. However, Lowe needs time. He hasn’t had anything like the same time in charge as Adams did. I think these situations always come along for managers. I’m personally excited now to see how he adapts and to see if he is the real deal or all bravado.

As it stands though we are in a good position in league one. Playing with more attacking intent under Lowe than we ever did we Adams. We are scoring goals. Yesterday was just a reality check to where we actually are and how much work Lowe has to do still.

Pretty much bang on.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":35y5gi3m said:
I was one of DA's biggest supporters, many other posters criticised me for being too blinkered in fact.

And Adams seemed to lose every match up until Christmas, so how much more support did you think he deserved from the fans exactly?

Lowe has had one bad result, literally one, and there have been some scathing comments such as "he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is", "he is too busy trying to be pals with the players instead of being their boss" etc.

Do you really think spiteful comments like that are necessary?
Spiteful! For crying out loud RL is a manager and will get credit when he is doing well and criticism when he isn't. Dress it up how you like but our away form is largely terrible and RL still persists with the same tactics. He is being regularly outsmarted on our travels and yesterday was not any different although this abysmal performance only highlighted this weakness. It will be interesting how we cope on Tuesday!

Sep 30, 2018
My somewhat late response.

Firstly, I have no problem with our form at home, as previously mentioned.

I believe, we're the second best team, in this league, on form, scoring 14 goals so far also, so, clearly, we've shown, can be very competitive, at this level, as proven, vs Doncaster and Portsmouth, for example.

I also previously mentioned, that away from home, we could do with a change of system, because, as I've said, I believe, our players, are good enough, for a playoff push, personally, from what I've seen, overall, broadly.

A diamond formation, like Charlton, for example, might be a good shout, in my humble view, with the players we have, with mayor, having a free role, as number 10, maybe. That would most likely, better push teams like Fleetwood back a bit, and create more of a threat, also.

Personally, I'd keep it the way it is at home obviously. And, I agree with some on here, about Ryan Lowe. He's used to playing teams of a lower standard, so far, in his very young career, as manager.

Other than his belief, so far, in his system, I've seen him make changes readily, and many good, sharp ones, too, after all, we are 10th in the league, so he's adapting all the time, and fairly well, in my view.

He'll have studied teams like hull, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Doncaster, from our games, for example, and seen the different systems, they use, and I'm sure, when necessary, he'll make the right decisions, for us, as he usually has done, so far, as Argyle's manager.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to 4-4-2, temporarily, in this next away game, Vs Peterborough, maybe.

Bad luck, with that game guys, but, on to the next one...very positive about it, and all the best Argyle

Jul 12, 2016
plymouth1970":2ly23h2s said:

Ffs support the team.

WE ARE TH......
How's your Ribena and Jammie Dodgers. Disney channel before bed? :D

B

Bonehead

Balham_Green":19y3yfgc said:
plymouth1970":19y3yfgc said:

Ffs support the team.

WE ARE TH......

What IS sad is clowns like you who come on with nothing constructive to say only inane remarks. Somebody so deluded that they think making critical points on a fans forum is not supporting the team.

BG ... you never fail, you are the most despised poster in Pasoti’s history !!

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":2dg8ft9p said:
Balham_Green":2dg8ft9p said:
plymouth1970":2dg8ft9p said:

Ffs support the team.

WE ARE TH......

BG ... you never fail, you are the most despised poster in Pasoti’s history !!

As I was saying. So good to hear your constructive comments. Finished your homework yet?