Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just playing devil's advocate, Camara had played over 100 games for Crawley. He's not a wet behind the ears youth teamer in his first few appearances. If a player gets robbed of the ball three times in ten minutes, eventually leading to a goal, what exactly should the manager do?
That being said it didn't exactly help as the majority of the other players were equally inept for the remaining 80 minutes

Dec 3, 2005
Is it safe to come on tonight?

I see some are having a go at the Commentator, well I suppose those who are can do a better job then. At the last minute you are on your own and trying to make a dire match sound good or even interesting.

Onto the game, well Argyle were still on the M6, broken down!

We do not have a plan B, there is no point IMHO at trying to play pretty football from the back ALL the time, teams are or have sussed us out, because we play the SAME way every game. We are NOT Man City, we play in the 3rd Division, we need grafters in the team, we need players to think - this needs booting into touch!!
We need players to know when it isnt the right time to showboat and just get rid of the ball!
To many of our players flatter to deceive, great at passing the ball (sometimes) to each other, but no final ball, no decisive play, no punishing teams when they make mistakes.

We make mistakes and they are punished!

Some players believe their own hype, yes we need good footballers but they also need to be grafters.

Lets hope that this is the kick up the backside the team needs and lets put it right on Tuesday.

Sep 6, 2006
up_the_line":3c0q74jj said:
Just playing devil's advocate, Camara had played over 100 games for Crawley. He's not a wet behind the ears youth teamer in his first few appearances. If a player gets robbed of the ball three times in ten minutes, eventually leading to a goal, what exactly should the manager do?
That being said it didn't exactly help as the majority of the other players were equally inept for the remaining 80 minutes

So you suggest taking every player off after a bad 10 mins?

Aug 15, 2015
up_the_line":1ub6cz5x said:
That was a sickener.
Not to take away from Fleetwood who were aggressive from the outset, at least 3 of their goals were from individual mistakes.
Firstly Camara gets robbed, god knows what he was trying to do with it. That's why he was taken off.
Then a comedy of errors really for the second goal. As for Moore's 'assist' for the fifth, well that was just embarrassing.
Then the even weirder stuff:
Canavan... Looked like he wanted to get sent off... Is he playing with a clear head or is he annoyed at having lost his place when playing well?
Aimson? Why was he taken off? He wasn't exactly the worst out there.
Nouble then tries to follow Canavan off. How did he play so well against Portsmouth then look so utterly non league this afternoon?

Mayor obviously crocked. Looks like some of you might get your wish, we'll see how they get on without him... The guy some say is better (Grant)... I believe he played part of that game... I'd like to know which part.

Perhaps their wages for the week should go towards a Plymouth charity this week given that absolute debacle.

Mayor obviously crocked? What even in the 1st half? I don't think so. Made some yards today for us didn't he? :doh: But hey continue to blame the others just because they don't look as fancy.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
football-bet-data":n4q8tcq0 said:
Sturrock always had a few “blood and snotters” players who could step in for physical games, games on the road where we needed to grind out a point. We don’t have that.

Lowe has almost adapted the championship manager computer game approach to sticking a formation in at the beginning of the season and just clicking next game, next game, next game regardless of who were up against.

I do think he and his staff have been a breath of fresh air, but I’d like to see some adaptability and a couple of grafters and physical types. We have enough players who are nice and pretty on the ball, but hardly any willing to stick their foot in and get their shorts dirty

Have to agree as I watched the preseason friendly against FGR and thought how easily they outmuscled Argyle in all areas of the pitch and had some concerns.As you say RL has been a breath of fresh air to the club and Tuesday will be a big test for him,his staff and his players

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Shoenice":14qtak2h said:
up_the_line":14qtak2h said:
That was a sickener.
Not to take away from Fleetwood who were aggressive from the outset, at least 3 of their goals were from individual mistakes.
Firstly Camara gets robbed, god knows what he was trying to do with it. That's why he was taken off.
Then a comedy of errors really for the second goal. As for Moore's 'assist' for the fifth, well that was just embarrassing.
Canavan... Looked like he wanted to get sent off... Is he playing with a clear head or is he annoyed at having lost his place when playing well?
Nouble then tries to follow Canavan off. How did he play so well against Portsmouth then look so utterly non league this afternoon?

Mayor obviously crocked. Looks like some of you might get your wish, we'll see how they get on without him... The guy some say is better (Grant)... I believe he played part of that game... I'd like to know which part.

Perhaps their wages for the week should go towards a Plymouth charity this week given that absolute debacle.

Mayor obviously crocked? What even in the 1st half? I don't think so. Made so me yars today for us didn't he? :doh: But hey continue to blame the others just because they don't look as fancy.

Created our only 2 chances of the first half. Then got switched to wing back. Which players made the keeper make a save in the first half. Mayor and... and.... and?
Did you spot that or just see the goals again?
I don't think it was him giving away possession for a goal or clearing it straight to an opponent... Or was I imagining it and it was Mayor that made those errors?
Please also explain to me what Grant did in that game... Some seem to consider him the better option apparently.
As I say, the proof will be in the pudding if he's out for a long spell, I hope you're right that his absence (if he is injured) will see us shoot up the league

Aug 15, 2015
up_the_line":j453icto said:
Shoenice":j453icto said:
up_the_line":j453icto said:
That was a sickener.

Mayor obviously crocked? What even in the 1st half? I don't think so. Made so me yars today for us didn't he? :doh: But hey continue to blame the others just because they don't look as fancy.

Created our only 2 chances of the first half. Then got switched to wing back. Which players made the keeper make a save in the first half. Mayor and... and.... and?
I don't think it was him giving away possession for a goal or clearing it straight to an opponent... Or was I imagining it and it was Mayor that made those errors?
Please also explain to me what Grant did in that game... Some seem to consider him the better option apparently.
As I say, the proof will be in the pudding if he's out for a long spell, I hope you're right that his absence (if he is injured) will see us shoot up the league

Um, he got switched to wing back in the 2nd half. He was as bad as any player out there today. Bar the first 5 minutes where he had a reasonable shot, his contribution was absolutely zilch. Not sure why you are painting him out to have been our star man. Sad.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Shoenice":3forkh49 said:
up_the_line":3forkh49 said:
Shoenice":3forkh49 said:
up_the_line":3forkh49 said:
That was a sickener.

Um, he got switched to wing back in the 2nd half. He was as bad as any player out there today. Bar the first 5 minutes where he had a reasonable shot, his contribution was absolutely zilch. Not sure why you are painting him out to have been our star man. Sad.

Slightly Trump there with the sign off.
I've not said he was a 'star man'. No-one was. Jephcott was the pick. Fornah didn't do much wrong and had a half decent poke. Mayor made a chance and had a shot in the first half. Those were the only contributions of note. Every other player either made glaring errors or were completely anonymous (Grant for example).

Steve McCall was twice voted Argyle player of the season whilst scoring 3 goals. People appreciated his creativity vision and skill. If he was airlifted into this team in 2020 I somewhat suspect he'd come in for stick from some quarters for being too tappy tappy, and not scoring enough.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":zgu04ljr said:
Shoenice":zgu04ljr said:
Shoenice":zgu04ljr said:
That was a sickener.

I've not said he was a 'star man'. No-one was. Jephcott was the pick. Fornah didn't do much wrong and had a half decent poke. Mayor made a chance and had a shot in the first half. Those were the only contributions of note. Every other player either made glaring errors or were completely anonymous (Grant for example)

I think it was also Mayor who made the pass to Fornah for his shot and he also dinked the ball to Jephcott on the edge of the 6 yard box, who then headed wide. As awful as we were today, Mayor set up a few decent chances both side of half time.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":cx2t8d40 said:
up_the_line":cx2t8d40 said:
Shoenice":cx2t8d40 said:
Shoenice":cx2t8d40 said:
That was a sickener.

I've not said he was a 'star man'. No-one was. Jephcott was the pick. Fornah didn't do much wrong and had a half decent poke. Mayor made a chance and had a shot in the first half. Those were the only contributions of note. Every other player either made glaring errors or were completely anonymous (Grant for example)

I think it was also Mayor who made the pass to Fornah for his shot and he also dinked the ball to Jephcott on the edge of the 6 yard box, who then headed wide. As awful as we were today, Mayor set up a few decent chances both side of half time.

Again thank you for reassuring me that I wasn't just seeing things. Perhaps you could also confirm if it was Mayor or other players who made the individual cock ups that lead to at least 3 of Fleetwood's goals... Just so I know my eyesight is functioning

Jul 12, 2016
GreenThing":1fcziuhm said:
up_the_line":1fcziuhm said:
Shoenice":1fcziuhm said:
Shoenice":1fcziuhm said:
That was a sickener.

Clutching at straws.

Aug 15, 2015
GreenThing":yxj8u862 said:
up_the_line":yxj8u862 said:
Shoenice":yxj8u862 said:
Shoenice":yxj8u862 said:
That was a sickener.

I mean it doesn't really matter in all honesty. The point is that he was largely anonymous, as per the rest of the team. However, I have to pull you up on the Fornah chance. Saying he passed to Fornah for his shot, are you actually serious? It was a standard 5-7 yard sideway pass about 30 yards out from goal. You're making it sound as though he put the ball into him clean through on goal. It was literally a sideways pass, 30 yards out from goal. Seriously, 100-200 of those happen in every game. Keep it real.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The point I’m making is that while he was just as anonymous as the rest of the team, he was involved in pretty much all of the few chances we had.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
djg145":2dviu46j said:
I see some are having a go at the Commentator, well I suppose those who are can do a better job then. At the last minute you are on your own and trying to make a dire match sound good or even interesting.

And as a die hard Argyle fan I'm surprised he was able to hold it together as well as he did in the circumstances!

Jul 12, 2016
This was an Accrington type display and the concern is that these players also dropped their heads so quickly. We may have technically gifted players but sometimes you just have to dig in to get a result. Time for RL to use more of a stick than a carrot?