Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Day Thread

Aug 8, 2013
Defensively atrocious, offensively non-existent, tactically inept.

Joey Barton may be a t*sser, but he did a job on you today, Ryan.

Ryan, your star may be in the ascendancy, but you have to learn to admit
when something is just not working. Team after team is putting the press on
us, and we have no idea how to deal with it. Time to go with a back four away
from home; and time to find some better defenders.

Today was a disgrace.

May 16, 2016
Time for the Manager to accept that no matter how much he wants to play the 'right way' with easy on the eye Football, not all opposition managers will want their teams to stand back and admire it.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cooper 4, Aimson 4, Opoku 4, Watts 4, Grant 5, Edwards 3, Camara 2, Mayor 4, Moore 3, Telford 2, Nouble 2... Fornah 4, Wootton 2, Canavan 3, Jephcott 5 MOTM, Hardie 3.

And I cant be arsed to write anything else.

May 22, 2006
Said before the game that Fleetwood are decent and would score a few. It was always going to be a tough game but that was pretty abysmal. Fleetwood looked stronger than us in the air, in tackles and closing us down. Mayor was so non existent second half, he may well have picked up a knock but couldn’t be subbed as Lowe made five changes by the time second half kicked off. Thought Camara was looking like a great acquisition, but he wasn’t great against Pompey and looked like a schoolboy getting knocked off the ball today.

Supposedly we have a near fully fit squad, so at least we can shake things up for the next match.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
That was a sickener.
Not to take away from Fleetwood who were aggressive from the outset, at least 3 of their goals were from individual mistakes.
Firstly Camara gets robbed, god knows what he was trying to do with it. That's why he was taken off.
Then a comedy of errors really for the second goal. As for Moore's 'assist' for the fifth, well that was just embarrassing.
Then the even weirder stuff:
Canavan... Looked like he wanted to get sent off... Is he playing with a clear head or is he annoyed at having lost his place when playing well?
Aimson? Why was he taken off? He wasn't exactly the worst out there.
Nouble then tries to follow Canavan off. How did he play so well against Portsmouth then look so utterly non league this afternoon?

Mayor obviously crocked. Looks like some of you might get your wish, we'll see how they get on without him... The guy some say is better (Grant)... I believe he played part of that game... I'd like to know which part.

Perhaps their wages for the week should go towards a Plymouth charity this week given that absolute debacle.

Sep 6, 2006
Camara had a poor 10 minutes and got caught in possession a couple of times. It happens to younger players. But to take him off after that? Ridiculous. Could have taken the whole team off on that logic.
You then upset the balance of the team so early in the game and lose a good offensive player which we obviously needed at 0.2 to be replaced by a defensive Midfielder. Good to see that worked out well anyway Lowe :facepalm:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The commentator was pretty much at the same level as the performance of the away team I am sorry to say.

First half there was confusion about a corner and whether it was a throw or a free kick.

Or maybe I am bring harsh due to my current mood.

Dreadful performance- Posh will fancy their chances of getting back into form on Tuesday. We were without any fight or determination. The manager got his selection wrong. How else does he account for two tactical subs before half time?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":xt0adm7e said:
Steve.PAFC2012":xt0adm7e said:
oldage":xt0adm7e said:
Dorset Pilgrim":xt0adm7e said:
PL2 3DQ":xt0adm7e said:
Ysssssssss. Jephcott. We're gonna win 6-5!

I would love to know why Jephcott didn't start rather than the hapless Telford.
Cause Telford was at Bury with RL? :whistle:
If that's the logic then why has Jephcott started ahead of Telford for pretty much the whole season to date?
I was joking.! Couldn't think of any other reason. :)
Apologies. I think we're all a bit down tonight.

Aug 4, 2011
Sturrock always had a few “blood and snotters” players who could step in for physical games, games on the road where we needed to grind out a point. We don’t have that.

Lowe has almost adapted the championship manager computer game approach to sticking a formation in at the beginning of the season and just clicking next game, next game, next game regardless of who were up against.

I do think he and his staff have been a breath of fresh air, but I’d like to see some adaptability and a couple of grafters and physical types. We have enough players who are nice and pretty on the ball, but hardly any willing to stick their foot in and get their shorts dirty

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Nobby":1t0hrtdh said:
oldage":1t0hrtdh said:
Dorset Pilgrim":1t0hrtdh said:
PL2 3DQ":1t0hrtdh said:
Ysssssssss. Jephcott. We're gonna win 6-5!

I would love to know why Jephcott didn't start rather than the hapless Telford.
Cause Telford was at Bury with RL? :whistle:

Because Telford made a difference after he came on vs Pompey and Jephcott has just played two internationals around Europe for the Wales U21’s. We have to manage Luke carefully. His body is still adapting to pro football.

Of everything that went on today, Jephcott not starting is inconsequential.
Pompey's Ronan Curtis was also away on international duty, came straight back in today and scored two goals. Unless Jephcott had a knock, it was a mistake not to start him.
Hey ho, on to Tuesday we go. If fit, he'll be the first name on the team sheet.

Nov 2, 2004
Balham_Green":nuz92ebl said:
Camara had a poor 10 minutes and got caught in possession a couple of times. It happens to younger players. But to take him off after that? Ridiculous. Could have taken the whole team off on that logic.
You then upset the balance of the team so early in the game and lose a good offensive player which we obviously needed at 0.2 to be replaced by a defensive Midfielder. Good to see that worked out well anyway Lowe :facepalm:

I don’t think that I have ever agreed with a post of yours, this is a first. Taking off a young player after 10 mins is ridiculous and petulant.Camara is a very promising young player, this will have done him no good at all.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":1s3cvr8q said:

Camara was dawdling in possession and got tackled and flattened every time the ball came to him in midfield.

His head wasn’t switched on for whatever reason. Doing battle with that fired up Fleetwood midfield wasn’t the job for him.

At one point he lay on his belly looking up helplessly at the ref after putting up barely any resistance to protect himself and the ball. I honestly think witnessing that after the first goal debacle made up Lowe’s mind to haul him.

Aug 5, 2016
ealinggreen":2i4wu2bj said:
Balham_Green":2i4wu2bj said:

I don’t think that I have ever agreed with a post of yours, this is a first. Taking off a young player after 10 mins is ridiculous and petulant.Camara is a very promising young player, this will have done him no good at all.

Lowe is paid to try and win football matches, not to make young players feel like they are Zinedine Zidane.

Perhaps taking him out of that hailstorm protected him. What if he had played 90 mins, made five mistakes which led to goals? I don’t think that would have been good for his confidence either.

Anyone who saw the first ten minutes will realise he lost the ball any time a Fleetwood player closed him down. Decision making wrong, physicality non existent, spacial awareness breakdown. It wasn’t in Lowe’s interests to watch another 80 minutes of Fleetwood bullying the lad when he clearly wasn’t up to it on the day.